Nina & Kira (2020) Part #8

1 hour ago, StnCld316 said:

There were a couple articles posted on Cam Caps the first day the Topic was placed and they got removed.

If there are any conflicts with what I posted previously, please feel free to remove.  But I didn't expose any names, just the basic facts I learned from the UK news article.  That there was alcohol and cameras and a drone in the dinghy is completely irrelevant.  Cameras for the photo shoot, a drone to capture great overhead video in an obviously beautiful location (Sardinia), and alcohol to help a nude model loosen up.  Totally normal.  Things just took a tragic turn here.  But I know how the fucked up Italian penal system operates, after following the Amanda Knox debacle for years, and this poor photographer is going to be unfairly scrutinized.  And it pisses me off that some members of either site continue to denigrate these women, calling them "cam whores" and even worse.  The girl that died did what she did to send money home to her mother, living in poverty.  You people have no conscience, no empathy, no nothing, so please, shut the fuck up.  

But if something like this happened to Kira or Nina?  Would we even hear about it, under Vlad?  I don't know.  I don't even want to think about it.  Because our girls are just as vulnerable to outside danger and accidents just as this poor girl was.  

59 minutes ago, sturmchaser said:

Is anyone else as disappointed as me that Kira did not immediately tear into that box and set up her new drum set?  Shirley she has been missing slinging those sticks and beating those heads for so long.  But coupled with another major event, I guess I understand.  

I looked it up, and the Alesis Nitro mesh is a much better set than her previous rig.  Retails for $380 American dollars - not sure what that is in Rubles.  I figure the only place she'll be able to place it is in the hallway - there is just absolutely NO room anywhere else.  Looking forward to the unboxing.  

Alesis Nitro Mesh Complete Bundle Overview

Alesis

Looking for the ideal starter electronic drum kit? The Alesis Nitro Mesh has finally brought mesh pads to the people at a fantastic price point. Expanding on their hugely popular mesh range, the mesh heads offer an immersive experience thanks to a responsive feel. Combined with over 350 sounds built into the Nitro module, versatility isn't a must, it's a given.

Just starting to play the drums? The Nitro Mesh has built in coaching features. The built-in coaching and metronome features allow for you to develop and improve timing. Play along to the 60 built in tracks, or, play along to your own by connecting your smart phone or music player via the aux input on the rear of the module. This is just scratching the surface of the Nitro Mesh capabilities.

This pack includes a pair of Numark HF125 Headphones, 5A Wood Tip drum sticks, and a drum throne.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sturmchaser said:

If there are any conflicts with what I posted previously, please feel free to remove.  But I didn't expose any names, just the basic facts I learned from the UK news article.  That there was alcohol and cameras and a drone in the dinghy is completely irrelevant.  Cameras for the photo shoot, a drone to capture great overhead video in an obviously beautiful location (Sardinia), and alcohol to help a nude model loosen up.  Totally normal.  Things just took a tragic turn here.  But I know how the fucked up Italian penal system operates, after following the Amanda Knox debacle for years, and this poor photographer is going to be unfairly scrutinized.  And it pisses me off that some members of either site continue to denigrate these women, calling them "cam whores" and even worse.  The girl that died did what she did to send money home to her mother, living in poverty.  You people have no conscience, no empathy, no nothing, so please, shut the fuck up.  

But if something like this happened to Kira or Nina?  Would we even hear about it, under Vlad?  I don't know.  I don't even want to think about it.  Because our girls are just as vulnerable to outside danger and accidents just as this poor girl was.  

It could have happened to anyone.  It's just a thing of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

When placed on this Earth everyone is given a number.  When that number is due,  that's it time to clock out.  You're now in the Lords hands.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

It could have happened to anyone.  It's just a thing of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

When placed on this Earth everyone is given a number.  When that number is due,  that's it time to clock out.  You're now in the Lords hands.

Dude.  You just explained the entire concept of the brilliant TV show LOST.  And basically, Life itself.  In three short sentences.  You're smarter than I thought.  Well MET!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, sturmchaser said:

Dude.  You just explained the entire concept of the brilliant TV show LOST.  And basically, Life itself.  In three short sentences.  You're smarter than I thought.  Well MET!  

I don't even watch the show LOST.  I thought it on my own.   Amazing my old brain can still think.  :biggrin:

• Haha 3

Il y a 4 heures, Kjeld Carlsen a dit :

5A Wood Tip drum sticks

I wonder if she would like some more drumsticks???  I've turned a few sets for various people in the past.  Mostly from ASH, coz it's "springy" Beech and Oak, but also from Purpleheart and even a pair from Ebony, though these last two were really only for display purposes. 

15 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

I don't even watch the show LOST.  I thought it on my own.   Amazing my old brain can still think.  :biggrin:

LOST ended its brilliant 6 season run in 2010, while leaving us more questions than answers about Life, the Universe, and Everything.  

Instead of Stone Cold, should we now call you... DEEP THOUGHT?  42.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Il y a 4 heures, sturmchaser a dit :

answers about Life, the Universe, and Everything.  

😁the late great Douglas Adams.  He died way too young.  Which takes me nicely back to Stn's epiphany.  I think it is part of Chinese (or Japanese) culture/religion that at birth you are only given X amount of breaths.  It is then up to each individual as how to use those breaths.  Which is why there is so much meditation and forethought of actions with those people...

As Stn says "when your number is up". 

Kira qualifies for much more than a "starter kit" in my opinion.  😉  🥁  But given the small apartment, and the proximity of "neighbors" (ugh!) she chooses a smaller rig.  Always our logical Kira!  🤓  😊 

Yes @sturmchaser, but there was a problem of dimensions and a bit of price too, I tried to average.
I know that Kira will be much better than this battery, but she will get the most out of it, and when she is beyond progressing, we will change her.
I hope that by then I will be in Russia and that we will go and exchange it together.
Oh! And she doesn't want open it before her real Birthday date. She is strong!

• Like 5