Discussion:2019 Novel Corona Virus (Covid19) and It's Political Ramifications #5

Pepe

It's a huge day tomorrow guys...not just for the UK, but for the rest of the world...

We start nationwide Covid vaccinations in UK...I hope it's as good as the experts think it is...Having worked for the NHS all my working life, I have every faith that they know what they're talking about...

Peace Waiting GIF by HiSmileTeeth

It's being rolled out to the elderly 1st, over 80's I think, then all the residents and staff in care homes, then front line health workers...I'll probably be about August 2021...😏

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, nagachilli2 said:

It's a huge day tomorrow guys...not just for the UK, but for the rest of the world...

We start nationwide Covid vaccinations in UK...I hope it's as good as the experts think it is...Having worked for the NHS all my working life, I have every faith that they know what they're talking about...

Peace Waiting GIF by HiSmileTeeth

It's being rolled out to the elderly 1st, over 80's I think, then all the residents and staff in care homes, then front line health workers...I'll probably be about August 2021...😏

I'm sure glad the UK stepped up to be the first guinea pigs or test rats 😏

Actually I am glad to see them get the first vaccines and be the first Country to get ahead of this virus.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, happyone said:

I'm sure glad the UK stepped up to be the first guinea pigs or test rats 😏

Actually I am glad to see them get the first vaccines and be the first Country to get ahead of this virus.

Hopefully we've lit the touch paper and it'll roll out all around the world now...

Tell the truth...I don't really know how we were the 1st country to make that crucial step 😕..It was an American/German product...I know it's sadly complicated and tricky in US, but, according to our German friend, who seems to have disappeared off the face of CC, the country who apparently handled the pandemic better than anyone else, and was involved in developing the vaccine haven't progressed...

I'm pleased we have...someone had to, but I've never seen it as a competition. 

• Like 2

'V' day has arrived!

Actually Russia's rolling out a mass vaccination program too...but Putin was that desperate to get there 1st, there are ongoing trials as to it's safety and whether it actually works...but he's forging ahead with it anyway...:dodgy:

It's called Sputnik V...enough said...😏

• Like 2

16 hours ago, nagachilli2 said:

Hopefully we've lit the touch paper and it'll roll out all around the world now...

Tell the truth...I don't really know how we were the 1st country to make that crucial step 😕..It was an American/German product...I know it's sadly complicated and tricky in US, but, according to our German friend, who seems to have disappeared off the face of CC, the country who apparently handled the pandemic better than anyone else, and was involved in developing the vaccine haven't progressed...

I'm pleased we have...someone had to, but I've never seen it as a competition. 

And if the man you hate, Donald Trump, would not have put in place the "Warp Speed" program there would be no vaccine available to vaccinate people with today.

• Haha 1

On 12/4/2020 at 10:39 AM, nagachilli2 said:

You've had a shitload of deaths...sadly 😔
I'm pretty sure he could've handled it better...set a better example...and reduced that number. That's just how I see it. I don't follow US politics, so I'm unfamiliar with his other policies, but it was pretty difficult not to take an interest in this...

So who gets the blame for all the deaths in Europe and the rest of the world? Are those Trump's fault too?

il y a une heure, Ridgerunner a dit :

And if the man you hate, Donald Trump, would not have put in place the "Warp Speed" program there would be no vaccine available to vaccinate people with today.

APNEWS.COM

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump on Friday wrongly claimed full credit for Pfizer Inc.’s announcement that its COVID-19...
Citation

Trunp: "Pfizer said it wasn’t part of Warp Speed, but that turned out to be a unfortunate misrepresentation.  They are part.  That’s why we gave them the $1.95 million — billion dollars.  And it was an unfortunate mistake that they made when they said that."

THE FACTS:

Not so much. Pfizer notably did not accept government money to develop, test or expand manufacturing capacity under Trump’s Operation Warp Speed initiative to quickly find a vaccine and treatments for the disease sweeping the country.

In fact, Pfizer partnered with the vaccine’s original developer, Germany’s BioNTech, in March and the following month announced the first human study in Germany. The White House announced Operation Warp Speed in May.

Pfizer opted not to join Operation Warp Speed initially but is following the same general requirements for the vaccine’s development as competitors who received government research money. The company says it has risked $2 billion of its own money on vaccine development and won’t get anything from Washington unless the effort is successful.

“Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine development and manufacturing costs have been entirely self-funded,” Pfizer spokeswoman Jerica Pitts said this week. “We decided to self-fund our efforts so we could move as fast as possible.

However, Pfizer did sign an agreement with the U.S. government in July worth $1.95 billion — if the vaccine pans out and is cleared by the FDA — to supply 100 million doses. That guarantees Pfizer a U.S. market, an important incentive.

Pfizer eventually joined Operation Warp Speed to gain access to the US market, it is a financially-motivated move not some brilliant plan by that dumb-ass Trump.

Get your facts straight!

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, SierraTM said:
APNEWS.COM

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump on Friday wrongly claimed full credit for Pfizer Inc.’s announcement that its COVID-19...

Pfizer eventually joined Operation Warp Speed to gain access to the US market, it is a financially-motivated move not some brilliant plan by that dumb-ass Trump.

Get your facts straight!

Fact: Pfizer was paid money in advance by the U.S. for millions of doses of untested vaccine, so vaccine would be ready for the public when proven to work.  In July,'20 Pfizer was paid by the U.S. $1.9 billion for an initial order of 100 million doses of a vaccine that had not yet been proven to work. The money that was paid Pfizer up front helped them to develop the vaccine.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

So who gets the blame for all the deaths in Europe and the rest of the world? Are those Trump's fault too?

That wasn't the issue here!...Trumps attitude has been shocking!! The majority of the leaders in Europe may not have handled the pandemic brilliantly, but at least they've cared, and if they had to do it all over again, they'd handle it much better. I honestly think Trump wouldn't...

• Like 1