Nina & Kira (2020) Part #9

2 hours ago, disneykid said:

As it’s a high rise building would it be the wind under the. Hall way door

Nope.  It's ghosts.  Wind doesn't sound like that, unless it's the wind from DEMONS of past tenants!  👻🎃🤡   (Come on folks, get in the holiday spirit!)  BOOO! 

• Haha 5

il y a 9 minutes, sturmchaser a dit :

(Come on folks, get in the holiday spirit!)

A little bit early yet, but I understand the reasoning, you're just a kid at heart aren't you.  😁

I was a bit concerned that Nina did not help Kira, especially as she was standing on a bloody chair instead of using the step ladder.  She should have been there to watch out for her missus.  (rant over).

Kira standing on chair.png

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Le5b0 said:

A little bit early yet, but I understand the reasoning, you're just a kid at heart aren't you.

It's October, never too early to prepare for Halloween!  It's not the same as when we were kids, obviously, and especially in this f*cked up year, but somehow it is still just as magical, despite the circumstances.  Scurry movies on the telly while wearing your costume under a sofa and blanket fort.  Candy bars.  Hot chocolate and warm ginger ghost cookies straight from the oven.  Did I mention candy bars.  

I recently played an "uncle" prank on my great-nephew (my niece's son), 5 and a half years old.  He's only been to my house once, when he was 2, so he remembers nothing from before.  So I gave him the tour this time, but told him he couldn't go in the back half of the basement, because that's where I stashed the "dead bodies."  WELL, for the next 8 hours, all Connor wanted to do was go to the basement and see the "dead bodies"!  He was FASCINATED that I had dead bodies in my basement, and wanted to see them!  SO... when it was late, and dark, I said Connor, it's time to see the dead bodies in the basement.  He followed me so quietly and cautiously, and when I opened the door and turned on the light, I said LOOK!  THERE'S A DEAD BODY!  AND LOOK ANOTHER ONE HERE!"   They were dead BUG bodies - beetles, spiders, your typical whatnot bugs you find in a basement.  

But I DIDN'T LIE to the little kid, right?  I was truthful - dead bodies!  In the basement!  I would not lie to a little kid!  I just didn't specify what KIND of dead bodies.  They're just bug bodies.  Muahahaha!  

The look he gave me - I swear, if he knew how to curse, he would've called me every curse word in the book!  His mother (my niece) LHFAO.  It was one of my finest "uncle" moments.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

59 minutes ago, Le5b0 said:

I was a bit concerned that Nina did not help Kira, especially as she was standing on a bloody chair instead of using the step ladder.  She should have been there to watch out for her missus.  (rant over).

I agree, but it's no surprise.  Kira is Super-Bat-Kira.  She can save everything, including the world.  Nina should have at least been spotting.  Always always always have a spotter (and a wingman - or wingwoman).  But this was a task Kira wanted to accomplish, there was no need for Ninaferance.  

In Nina's defense, we have witnessed her changing lightbulbs in the living room on a chair on her own, working with live wires in the bathroom, among many other precarious situations.  She is no stranger to danger.  

Our girls have no fear of anything.  Nothing can stop them.  Except themselves.  

(edit - fear of bugs.  Kira = roaches, Nina = spiders.  Forgot about those instances LOL)  

Edited by sturmchaser
add fears bugs & spiders
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, sturmchaser said:

I agree, but it's no surprise.  Kira is Super-Bat-Kira.  She can save everything, including the world.  Nina should have at least been spotting.  Always always always have a spotter (and a wingman - or wingwoman).  But this was a task Kira wanted to accomplish, there was no need for Ninaferance.  

In Nina's defense, we have witnessed her changing lightbulbs in the living room on a chair on her own, working with live wires in the bathroom, among many other precarious situations.  She is no stranger to danger.  

Our girls have no fear of anything.  Nothing can stop them.  Except themselves.  

(edit - fear of bugs.  Kira = roaches, Nina = spiders.  Forgot about those instances LOL)  

Someone send Nina the movie  Arachnophobia.   :biggrin:

spider GIF

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Le5b0 said:

A little bit early yet, but I understand the reasoning, you're just a kid at heart aren't you.  😁

Kira standing on chair.png

It would mean Nina putting her laptop down. , I think Kira knew what she was doing (no health &safety in Russia) 

Kira couldn’t use the step ladder as you have to stand straight on ,there wasn’t enough room .

if the steps were side on they could topple over if Kira lent over too far!  
it would have been better to have taken the cushion off as that could of slipped 

but all safely done well done Kira💁

• Like 3

13 hours ago, ed2 said:

Hey 😜 I see what you did there. I used atleast a couple of minutes to colour each letter. 😉

It's a fair cop, but the software's to blame.:angel:   When i was trying to reply earlier I couldn't get the font and size pickers to work. So I nicked yours and fiddled it with a bit......  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, rtgonzo said:

It's a fair cop, but the software's to blame.:angel:   When i was trying to reply earlier I couldn't get the font and size pickers to work. So I nicked yours and fiddled it with a bit......  

I never could never get that to work on my phone, only on my PC.

• Like 1

So, I'd almost forgotten about the item from the fund raiser for Kira last fall. Well this stunning piece of art arrived in the mail yesterday. No worries about the delay ladies, it was well worth the wait. And even if it had never come, the cause would have been well worth the contribution. Mrs Gonzo approves as well. Both of the work, which she termed "masterfull", and the subject, whom she described as "divine". Once re-stretched and framed we'll be giving it pride of place on one of the walls.

1022202150.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1