B4 Girls On Vacation - General Topic 2020 #33 (November)

14 hours ago, ddhm said:

How about the following speculation πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ It seems like one of those β€œ secret locations private party β€œ events , since Holly’s boyfriend according to talks in English during his first stay mainly , he was talking a lot that happening in Barcelona . Holly , Amy , Arianna and Gina all together then , or it could also be at anyone’s of Curly’s friends or even himself πŸ€”

Β 

What I want to say , I do really hope that the girls have been very good protecting themselves because they are sharing the apartments with others , so , let’s hope that they safe whatever they do .Β 

I wouldn't hold your breath..The girls are flaunting the rules none stop...Look at Butthead in B2 now...

6 hours ago, corvette84 said:

What is 1000 km?

Kilometers are standard for the whole world, except USA, UK and Liberia. The burden of converting should be on your end, not ours.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, StnCld316 said:

Canada had made the biggest mistake by converting from Imperial to Metric.

Mistake, you think?
There is 12 inches in one foot. 3 feet in one yard. 1760 yards in one mile. Can you convert between length, volume and mass in the Imperial system? 1 cubic feet = 7.48 gallon = 8.33 pounds.

The Metric system is the only one that is truely sientific, and based solely on logic.
1000 millimeters = 100 centimeters = 10 decimeter = 1 meter. 1000 meters = 100 decameters = 10 hectometers = 1 kilometer. You can also convert between measurements! 1 cubic decimeter = 1 liter = 1 kilogram.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, ed2 said:

Mistake, you think?
There is 12 inches in one foot. 3 feet in one yard. 1760 yards in one mile. Can you convert between length, volume and mass in the Imperial system? 1 cubic feet = 7.48 gallon = 8.33 pounds.

The Metric system is the only one that is truely sientific, and based solely on logic.
1000 millimeters = 100 centimeters = 10 decimeter = 1 meter. 1000 meters = 100 decameters = 10 hectometers = 1 kilometer. You can also convert between measurements! 1 cubic decimeter = 1 liter = 1 kilogram.

We had Imperial Measurements for the longest time and it was a very costly measure for a lot of businesses to change. It also pissed off a lot of Canadians because they have instilled in their minds for decades of Imperial Measurements.Β  Even today I still use Imperial Measurements and Tools.Β  Fuck all this Metric shit.Β  I don't change my ways for anyone.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, nagachilli2 said:

I wouldn't hold your breath..The girls are flaunting the rules none stop...Look at Butthead in B2 now...

I found it very weird indeed , especially the time he arrived at the apartment when the curfew is on and also that he didn’t stay . To be honest , it wasΒ good to see something different , even if the girls play with him , make fun of him or whatsoever , he doesn’t seem to bother , he is for sure after to have someone ( Amira is it seemed today ) , but hey , it was a change πŸ˜‰

35 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

We had Imperial Measurements for the longest time and it was a very costly measure for a lot of businesses to change. It also pissed off a lot of Canadians because they have instilled in their minds for decades of Imperial Measurements.Β  Even today I still use Imperial Measurements and Tools.Β  Fuck all this Metric shit.Β  I don't change my ways for anyone.

A change will always cause a one time cost, but isn't there also a cost of having different measurements on everything when you interact with the rest of the world? There will always be alot of reluctance from, and problems for, the people who are used to the old system. But when the next generation grows up, it will be completely natural and much easier for them. It's coming sooner or later anyway, because the world has chosen. Even in USA the sientists and the military has had to adapt. You can only blame your ancestors for not making the change earlier. We implemented it in 1875!

45 minutes ago, ed2 said:

A change will always cause a one time cost, but isn't there also a cost of having different measurements on everything when you interact with the rest of the world? There will always be alot of reluctance from, and problems for, the people who are used to the old system. But when the next generation grows up, it will be completely natural and much easier for them. It's coming sooner or later anyway, because the world has chosen. Even in USA the sientists and the military has had to adapt. You can only blame your ancestors for not making the change earlier. We implemented it in 1875!

We did not implement until sometime between 1980 - 1985 era.Β  I had already finished school and I wasn't going to go back to learn anything else. I'm set in my own ways.