Naga's Kitchen Part #1

nagachilli2

1 minute ago, TBG 150 said:

You and my wife would have a brawl to see who could eat them first. Just like you said with the ham and cornbread. She's a Southern girl. She also loves Pinto beans and cornbread the same way. I just don't do a lot of bean types very well. She'll make me chili without the beans just so I'll eat some. Otherwise, I don't have any desire. Same with Mexican food. I love it, just keep the beans out of it.

Yep, you got a good woman there being a Southern girl!!  Real chili doesn't have beans, you put beans in chili at a chili cook off....the people will laugh you all the way home.  I was a judge at one chili cook off and the people putting it on asked if there was any new judges in the room and a few people raised their hands.  They told the new people that if a chili shows up with beans in it, just toss it aside and move on to one that doesn't have any beans.  When I make my deer chili, I make it very meaty and there is not a single bean in sight!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HarleyFatboy said:

You and me both Rob, I absolutely love fresh cooked black-eyed peas.  My favorite way to make them is with a ham hock and eat them with fresh baked cornbread......ummm ummm good

You forgot to add the collards or the kale 🙂

11 hours ago, HarleyFatboy said:

No black-eyed peas?  What's up with that?  You foreigners don't eat black-eyed peas for prosperity on New Years day?

I knew you liked your food Harley...I'm surprised you it took you so long to find the thread, but welcome...:biggrin:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, HarleyFatboy said:

Yep, you got a good woman there being a Southern girl!!  Real chili doesn't have beans, you put beans in chili at a chili cook off....the people will laugh you all the way home.  I was a judge at one chili cook off and the people putting it on asked if there was any new judges in the room and a few people raised their hands.  They told the new people that if a chili shows up with beans in it, just toss it aside and move on to one that doesn't have any beans.  When I make my deer chili, I make it very meaty and there is not a single bean in sight!!

Don't you have refried beans as a side dish to chilli?

I never had it with cubed beef, only ground. Sounds interesting. Finely chunked sirloin would cook up the best, unless it sat there and cooked for the whole day, then anything works.

And yes, refried beans go with Mexican and Cuban foods. They are stomach turning to me and I love hispanic food.

• Like 1