Naga's Kitchen Part #1

nagachilli2

41 minutes ago, TBG 150 said:

It's good thread Naga. It's also the only one with traffic in the general forums other than the children over in the political section. They'll never stop.

Thx my friend...I hope it continues. Even Harley made an appearance today :biggrin:. And lets face it, everyone likes food and drink...they don't need to be gourmet chefs ::)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nagachilli2 said:

Thx my friend...I hope it continues. Even Harley made an appearance today :biggrin:. And lets face it, everyone likes food and drink...they don't need to be gourmet chefs ::)

Guess the mods didn't like his recipe---it must have gotten deleted.  😏

I'd like to hook up with Harley's recipe for brisket. Dem der Texans know how to smoke the meat!

I just don't have a smoker. I can keep the grille at 200F or below if I prop open the lid a bit. 

• 3 weeks later...

I guess no one is cooking anymore. Either that or it's too fucking cold.

Hot wings, last night. I think I put a tad too much tabasco sauce in the blend. Well, that and the powdered red pepper flakes. Damn, that stuff is hot. I'm going to have to be sweet to my poor butt today. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TBG 150 said:

I guess no one is cooking anymore. Either that or it's too fucking cold.

Hot wings, last night. I think I put a tad too much tabasco sauce in the blend. Well, that and the powdered red pepper flakes. Damn, that stuff is hot. I'm going to have to be sweet to my poor butt today. 

Our girls cooked up a great Tapas last night...

Pork fillet cooked in sherry, garlic and thyme
Patatas bravas
Manchego stuffed dates wrapped in Serrano ham
Large shrimp looked in wine and lemon
Chorizo croquettes,
Aioli, Salad and bread to dip...and lots of Sangria and Rioja!...:tongue:

• Like 1

Killing me!!!!

I have a feeling that you are a seafood lover, Naga? Quite a bit of you posting include shrimp, prawns and the like. 

I made a seafood pasta again last week that had all of the goodies in it. Shrimp, scallops, mussels, clams, calamari and all of the needed spices and broths. The left overs were better than first cooked as the linguine absorbed all of the flavors.

A nice Italian bread, French Baggett, or some sort of fresh baked rolls to absorb the juices and olive oil with seasoning on a side plate.

Shit.....I need to go eat now. A simple sirloin with fries and a few onion rings all cooked on the grille. It's a beautiful 70F out there. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TBG 150 said:

Killing me!!!!

I have a feeling that you are a seafood lover, Naga? Quite a bit of you posting include shrimp, prawns and the like. 

I made a seafood pasta again last week that had all of the goodies in it. Shrimp, scallops, mussels, clams, calamari and all of the needed spices and broths. The left overs were better than first cooked as the linguine absorbed all of the flavors.

A nice Italian bread, French Baggett, or some sort of fresh baked rolls to absorb the juices and olive oil with seasoning on a side plate.

Shit.....I need to go eat now. A simple sirloin with fries and a few onion rings all cooked on the grille. It's a beautiful 70F out there. 

It sounds lush TBG...Yes, I love seafood, but then again, I love all food  :biggrin:

I would say crab is just about my favourite shellfish...better than overhyped and overpriced lobster. But 1 of my favourite pasta dishes is simple... Just fry off onion and garlic. Throw fresh mussels in and a glass of white wine. Cover and cook for about 5 mins till they open. Chuck in a handful of fresh parsley and mix in cooked spaghetti or linguini...Serve with crusty bread to mop up the juices. Delicious and cheap! 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, nagachilli2 said:

It sounds lush TBG...Yes, I love seafood, but then again, I love all food  :biggrin:

I would say crab is just about my favourite shellfish...better than overhyped and overpriced lobster. But 1 of my favourite pasta dishes is simple... Just fry off onion and garlic. Throw fresh mussels in and a glass of white wine. Cover and cook for about 5 mins till they open. Chuck in a handful of fresh parsley and mix in cooked spaghetti or linguini...Serve with crusty bread to mop up the juices. Delicious and cheap! 

My mother used to make divine crab sandwiches, can still taste them now, fresh out the sea mmmmm. as you say Naga crab beats all the other overhyped shell fish. Will leave those to the toffs whose only standard is how much money they can spend  :biggrin:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Robwin said:

My mother used to make divine crab sandwiches, can still taste them now, fresh out the sea mmmmm. s you say Naga crab beats all the other overhyped shell fish. Will leave those to the toffs whose only standard is how much money they can spend  :biggrin:

True...and what's caviar all about!...🥴

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1