Rejolda (2021) Part #1

Studying English apparently. Does anyone know if English is taught in schools in Russia?

Or do you have to study English in your spare time from books and online.

It is good to know English if you want to travel outside of Russia.

12 minutes ago, Jarod said:

Studying English apparently. Does anyone know if English is taught in schools in Russia?

Or do you have to study English in your spare time from books and online.

It is good to know English if you want to travel outside of Russia.

Yes it it taught. But many teachers do not know English very well themselves. But what I heard got better the last years. But these people are still to young to be participants of course. Wait 5 years and I guess a lot more Russian people will speak English on the site 😉

Russia is a special country because it protects its own citizens very strongly from any harmful culture outside, from unwanted organizations, and so on.
I fear that in the next few years the country will become too totalitarian, in the worst case, access to the Internet will be restricted and the country's own Internet, which has already been developed, will be introduced more widely. (I hope not.)
It may lead to more and more young people starting to think about moving out of the country, especially those who live closer to European countries and have already traveled and seen what life is like in neighboring countries.