Martina and Alberto - home activities #18

Noldus

1 hour ago, jman9212 said:

If it goes badly for her I will drop my membership. She has value but not for RLC. I think also for all that Alberto has done for her, even though he stumbles doing it, he deserves a break also.

My understanding is that Alberto has some kind of education behind him. So, he may not be totally on his own after RLC. One night, he was laying on the sectional, holding his phone open to the camera, and he was playing chess. Let's face it not everyone knows how to play chess. There must be some brains there.

Good observation!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Kenpaul said:

My understanding is that Alberto has some kind of education behind him. So, he may not be totally on his own after RLC. One night, he was laying on the sectional, holding his phone open to the camera, and he was playing chess. Let's face it not everyone knows how to play chess. There must be some brains there.

Good observation!

I do play chess. You are right. Not too many play that game. If he was into solar as I read he was it is another that you need some brains to make a go of it. The Pandemic is what hurt him not his smarts.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jman9212 said:

I do play chess. You are right. Not too many play that game. If he was into solar as I read he was it is another that you need some brains to make a go of it. The Pandemic is what hurt him not his smarts.

Unfortunately, Covid has changed people lives more than we may ever know, especially in the economic arena. Maybe it has affected his love life also. Who knows, we can't read minds.

I play chess also; I'm not very good!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, jman9212 said:

Nice comment. I feel the same. In the US solar will become a very big thing. Tesla and others now have an excellent program and the utilities are involved too where any excess you, as a homeowner, have can be sold to the utility. As you might imagine much more scientific. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, piedpiper1968 said:

Nice comment. I feel the same. In the US solar will become a very big thing. Tesla and others now have an excellent program and the utilities are involved too where any excess you, as a homeowner, have can be sold to the utility. As you might imagine much more scientific. 

You are right on the money. Everything you said is right. Now that Tesla has moved to Texas they will even do better. If I were younger I certainly would invest in solar on my land and sell it back to my utility.

4 minutes ago, jman9212 said:

You are right on the money. Everything you said is right. Now that Tesla has moved to Texas they will even do better. If I were younger I certainly would invest in solar on my land and sell it back to my utility.

Dream on solar cannot produce anything near the power that is required.  Solar cells are way too inefficient and in many places, the sun does not shine enough.   The only way to make it work is by subsidies. It won't be viable for a very long time if ever.

28 minutes ago, maxfactor said:

Dream on solar cannot produce anything near the power that is required.  Solar cells are way too inefficient and in many places, the sun does not shine enough.   The only way to make it work is by subsidies. It won't be viable for a very long time if ever.

That all depends on where you live. There are place here in the US where the sun shines most of the time. Coupled with wind power places have done well.

2 minutes ago, jman9212 said:

That all depends on where you live. There are place here in the US where the sun shines most of the time. Coupled with wind power places have done well.

No they haven't solar and wind cannot sustain 100% all the time.  They are sub'd with Nuclear or gas.

3 minutes ago, maxfactor said:

No they haven't solar and wind cannot sustain 100% all the time.  They are sub'd with Nuclear or gas.

If you had read the original comment we weren't talking about %. We were talking about making power with solar and selling it back to the utilities.