Martina and Alberto - home activities #18

Noldus

Some people keep smoking because they claim it keeps them slim.. 

In regards to their apartment, for all we know they might have been offered a nicer apartment but they preferred the location of their current one, we'll never know.. One thing is for sure, they need a new couch  and higher resolution cameras. 

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, mingo said:

Some people keep smoking because they claim it keeps them slim.. 

In regards to their apartment, for all we know they might have been offered a nicer apartment but they preferred the location of their current one, we'll never know.. One thing is for sure, they need a new couch  and higher resolution cameras. 

I have participated in and contributed to this chat for about 3 years now. Almost every year we complain about this shabby apartment. But obviously Martina and Alberto like its situation/ location  right in the middle of,  respectively close to the city center.  Supermarkets and shops just round the corner, public transport in front of their entrance door. Schools, colleges, university nearby. Hospitals, too. Many advantages, indeed. However, you are right, a new sofa would be great, the mold in the bathroom should be removed, the wall paper in the bedroom should be renewed. 

5 hours ago, Adalbert said:

You are right, smoking is not longer a cool thing in every country. But it can  a kind of coping stress for her in the current situation. I think she will manage to stop/reduce smoking if she feals that this will bring a benefit for her.  Only thing is that it might be more difficult if your friends smoke too. Let's hope the best.

Going back 50 Years ago smoking was the in thing.  If you didn't smoke you never fit in with your peers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, StnCld316 said:

Going back 50 Years ago smoking was the in thing.  If you didn't smoke you never fit in with your peers.

You’re right. Many, many years ago smoking was our thing. I‘m one of Martina’s most stubborn critics as regards smoking but I honestly admit that I was a smoker myself when I was a student. Probably because all my fellow students smoked as you mentioned. Meanwhile, however, we know that these damned fags ruin our lives. I really wish she could stop. I love this girl, even though just platonically.

9 minutes ago, Peterandpaul said:

You’re right. Many, many years ago smoking was our thing. I‘m one of Martina’s most stubborn critics as regards smoking but I honestly admit that I was a smoker myself when I was a student. Probably because all my fellow students smoked as you mentioned. Meanwhile, however, we know that these damned fags ruin our lives. I really wish she could stop. I love this girl, even though just platonically.

It sure hasn't done anyone any favors.  I started smoking when I was 12 or 13 years old.  20 cents for a pack of 25 was cheap back in the day.  Now I wish I never started as now I can't seem to get away from ot no matter how hard I try. There's always something that draws me back to it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

It sure hasn't done anyone any favors.  I started smoking when I was 12 or 13 years old.  20 cents for a pack of 25 was cheap back in the day.  Now I wish I never started as now I can't seem to get away from ot no matter how hard I try. There's always something that draws me back to it.

Just now, ashleyxyz said:
20 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

Just now, ashleyxyz said:
20 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

It's like any other drug, if you hang out with old friends who smoke, or go out to places where you always used to smoke, like a bar, you could go rig by t back to it. My brother has quit number of times, and sooner or later he's smoking again

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

Same here except I had to have heart surgery caused by my smoking in 97 which led to a staph infection and a stay if the hospital for 45 days. Gave me plenty of time to think about my habit. Haven't smoked since. 

1 minute ago, jman9212 said:

Same here except I had to have heart surgery caused by my smoking in 97 which led to a staph infection and a stay if the hospital for 45 days. Gave me plenty of time to think about my habit. Haven't smoked since. 

I was in the hospital for only a week and it didn't bother me much but as soon as I got home I walked into my apartment and said to my sister WTF is that smell although I know it was from tobacco.  When you smoke you never notice those things.  My mother keeps me reminding me because every time I see her she says I smell like smoke and that's wearing freshly laundered clothes. It gets in the fibre's of the material and won't even wash out.

• Like 1

Over last weekend, Martina was messing around with a harmonica, not really playing it just making noise. It was about 1-2 in afternoon, their time. Then she got up headed to balcony with cigarette in hand.

"Smoke,Smoke that Cigarette"  Many artists.

14 minutes ago, ashleyxyz said:

C'est comme toute autre drogue, si vous sortez avec de vieux amis qui fument, ou sortez dans des endroits où vous avez toujours fumé, comme un bar, vous pouvez y retourner. Mon frère a arrêté plusieurs fois, et tôt ou tard il fume à nouveau

C'est vrai comme vous j'ai commencé à fumer à 12 ans et mon ex meilleur ami ma fait la morale

Il m'a fait arrêter et quelques années après il s'est mis à fumer lui aussi j'ai repris pour faire comme lui et puis à 16 ans il a commencé à trainer avec des droguées il préfère passer son temps avec eux.

Notre amitié a pris fin à partir de là et après avoir fini le paquet de cigarettes je n'ai pas ressenti le besoin de recommencer.

(Je n'ai pas retrouvé d'amis depuis cette déception tôt ou tard ils finissent toujours par vous décevoir ou vous trahir)

It's true like you I started smoking at 12 and my ex best friend lectured me

He made me quit and a few years later he started smoking too I resumed doing like him and then at 16 he started hanging out with drug addicts he prefers to spend his time with them.

Our friendship ended from there and after I finished the pack of cigarettes I didn't feel the need to start over.

(I haven't found any friends since this disappointment sooner or later they always end up disappointing or betraying you)

• Like 3