Martina and Alberto - home activities #19

To make a conclusion and develop a theory , first , despite not knowing the reasons why Martina hasn’t studied at an earlier age ( even during her RLC times , when some basic monthly expenses have been covered by RLC and she could possibly invest her RLC time and study , but , better late than never ) , it is quite a crazy speculation to think that perhaps all this “sudden ? “ need to study came after she got introduced to the Barcelona crew and of course her more close times with Nelly . Can it be that her interactions with the other girls , seeing them traveling the world , getting accustomed to their lifestyle and why not , ( although I highly doubt ) Nelly “ pushing “ her to study for more future opportunities ? 

It is strange to think that all this Barcelona new life for her the last 8-9 months have played a big part for her so as to take the decision to suddenly study and do it really hard all at once , but I just analyze what we have seen happening in front of our screens and that’s why the speculation and conclusion . 

Of course , the ones who watch the couple and “ have studied “ Martina in so much depth than what I can possibly say here , can maybe give their point of view . In general, I can’t feel happier personally watching someone trying so hard , no matter if she succeeds  or fails ( I can’t think she fails as she’s fully concentrated ) , she has won the bet with herself that she can achieve anything as long as she wants to . She wants to succeed badly , she will make it 😇 no matter the difficulties , after all , nothing in life is given gratis 😉🤓

• Like 1

I have studied tourism and this is my profession and I can say lots of what’s needed and why Martina went through mathematical exams . One of the theories is the following ; there’s a very crucial and important job / position at hotels ( it can be equal to being a hotel manager ) which is the F&B manager ( Food and Beverage manager ) . It needs lots of mathematical skills in order to be able and have this certain position , whoever wants to search what’s needed in the tourism industry to have this position , can possibly understand why mathematics is essential 

• Like 1

Je rigole mais je vais bientôt me retrouver dans la même situation qu'elle je vais passer des tests pour qu'on évalue mon niveau dès que j'aurai reçu ma convocation et en fonction de ça préparait une formation dans un métier pour l'instant indéterminé je sais que mon niveau et très bas en français et mathématique pour la géométrie je pense que ça ira. 😓

j'aurais moins de temps pour capturer des vidéos je m'en excuse d'avance mais au moins vous serez pourquoi.

I'm kidding but I will soon find myself in the same situation as she I will take tests so that my level is assessed as soon as I have received my invitation and depending on that was preparing a training in a trade for the moment indeterminate I know my level and very low in French and mathematics for geometry I think it will be fine. 😓

I would have less time to capture videos I apologize in advance but at least you will be why.

14 minutes ago, ddhm said:

I have studied tourism and this is my profession and I can say lots of what’s needed and why Martina went through mathematical exams . One of the theories is the following ; there’s a very crucial and important job / position at hotels ( it can be equal to being a hotel manager ) which is the F&B manager ( Food and Beverage manager ) . It needs lots of mathematical skills in order to be able and have this certain position , whoever wants to search what’s needed in the tourism industry to have this position , can possibly understand why mathematics is essential 

Counting tour busses in a parking lot is a mathematical skill? :dodgy:

49 minutes ago, ddhm said:

To make a conclusion and develop a theory , first , despite not knowing the reasons why Martina hasn’t studied at an earlier age ( even during her RLC times , when some basic monthly expenses have been covered by RLC and she could possibly invest her RLC time and study , but , better late than never ) , it is quite a crazy speculation to think that perhaps all this “sudden ? “ need to study came after she got introduced to the Barcelona crew and of course her more close times with Nelly . Can it be that her interactions with the other girls , seeing them traveling the world , getting accustomed to their lifestyle and why not , ( although I highly doubt ) Nelly “ pushing “ her to study for more future opportunities ? 

It is strange to think that all this Barcelona new life for her the last 8-9 months have played a big part for her so as to take the decision to suddenly study and do it really hard all at once , but I just analyze what we have seen happening in front of our screens and that’s why the speculation and conclusion . 

Of course , the ones who watch the couple and “ have studied “ Martina in so much depth than what I can possibly say here , can maybe give their point of view . In general, I can’t feel happier personally watching someone trying so hard , no matter if she succeeds  or fails ( I can’t think she fails as she’s fully concentrated ) , she has won the bet with herself that she can achieve anything as long as she wants to . She wants to succeed badly , she will make it 😇 no matter the difficulties , after all , nothing in life is given gratis 😉🤓

Hello ddhm, always find your post very interesting and like them very much because they often open new areas to think about and discuss. I'm not sure if Nelly is really pushing her to study to have more opportunities, but it can be. I think everyone has different phases in his life wher she/he develops to a new level and look for new challenges etc.. I think this happens now since Martina is a very intelligent young women who knows want she wants and who is also looking for new challenges and perhaps also for further opportunities. Also thinks she is very ambitious and curious to learn new thinks (like her newest hobby try to learn playing harmonica). Another reason might be the current situation in which Alberto is.  I think she learned that a better education and gratification might be helping to et not unemployed, but on the other side tourism currently is also not the best business.  So I think main reason for me is she will soon 25 and it is time for changes. Some marry and have children, others go to university. She try now the second way, having the first way as backup. I like if someone try to develop to get to a higher level. Might be also a way out of RLC life. If she wanted to have the lifestyle of the other girls (B4) than she could have without any problems but I think she knows that she will loose too much other important things then.

10 minutes ago, Adalbert said:

Hello ddhm, always find your post very interesting and like them very much because they often open new areas to think about and discuss. I'm not sure if Nelly is really pushing her to study to have more opportunities, but it can be. I think everyone has different phases in his life wher she/he develops to a new level and look for new challenges etc.. I think this happens now since Martina is a very intelligent young women who knows want she wants and who is also looking for new challenges and perhaps also for further opportunities. Also thinks she is very ambitious and curious to learn new thinks (like her newest hobby try to learn playing harmonica). Another reason might be the current situation in which Alberto is.  I think she learned that a better education and gratification might be helping to et not unemployed, but on the other side tourism currently is also not the best business.  So I think main reason for me is she will soon 25 and it is time for changes. Some marry and have children, others go to university. She try now the second way, having the first way as backup. I like if someone try to develop to get to a higher level. Might be also a way out of RLC life. If she wanted to have the lifestyle of the other girls (B4) than she could have without any problems but I think she knows that she will loose too much other important things then.

Very interesting arguments and nice thoughts about Martina ( and Alberto ) , I think this is the meaning of the forum , the exchange of ideas and opinions through a common platform so whatever we all like to watch , can be viewed with an even better understanding which ultimately will make us being entertained so very much more and enjoy for whatever reasons any of us has watching RLC ☺️😇

I agree with your approach , my questioning was mostly what triggered Martina to this sudden change and i think you give some really good theories about that ☺️

A pleasure always for nice chats here in a great civilized way😇

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moosecini said:

From your explanation, it sounds like it's the Spanish/Euro equivalant of a General Education Development (GED) degree here in the states that is required to attend college when someone hasn't graduated from High School.

Yes, I suppose so. This also explains why she, aged 24, meets classmates aged 18 or 19. However, as I said, I am not familiar with the Spanish educational system.

2 hours ago, ddhm said:

I spent decades as a Chef and then F&B Manager in the hotel/restaurant industry, and math is a must have. Most restaurants run on less than 10% bottom line profit, many less than 5. Being able to calculate cost of goods and sell price, portions per unit etc. is critical. If she fails at that, she will unfortunately be limited in her career options in the industry.

1 minute ago, albundy1089 said:

I spent decades as a Chef and then F&B Manager in the hotel/restaurant industry, and math is a must have. Most restaurants run on less than 10% bottom line profit, many less than 5. Being able to calculate cost of goods and sell price, portions per unit etc. is critical. If she fails at that, she will unfortunately be limited in her career options in the industry.

Thank you for the confirmation ☺️ Even if she fails ( that I don’t think so ) , I believe she can repeat the exams for a particular subject in the future , but I don’t know also how the system works in Spain 

I hope I can shed some light on some of the open questions in the thread

- What is the exam for? To get access to post-secondary professional studies. It is not the standard access to a university or college degree, I think it is closer to a US junior college.

- Why does she need to pass this exam? Because she didn't continue studying after the mandatory education cycle (covering ages up to 16). If she had continued for two more years, till 18, the access would be granted without exam. She mentioned recently that she was a difficult teenager, not too good at studies but never inactive, she started working very soon. 

- What does she want to study? As already mentioned here, tourism and hospitatlity but more oriented to be a tourist guide or tourist promoter. 2-year studies, 2000 hours, starting next September. 

- Why a math test for a person who plans to syudy tourism?  This exam has two parts. The common part was held yesterday, and included languages and maths for everyone, regardless the specific studies that they apply for. The specific part is today, the subjects (economy and economic geography) are more suitable to her planned studies. She was specially worried today because she needs to pass both the common and the specific parts to get the "title", and exams are only once per year. If she fails, her friend Marta wants to get to Barcelona to prepare the exam with Martina for next year. She tries to convince Alberto to prepare it with them, but I don't see him interested at all.

- Why did she decide to apply for the exam this year? Not 100% clear to me. She was working at a famous place for tourists in Barcelona until it was closed last year due to the pandemic. Meanwhile, Alberto tried to run a franchised business without a minimum analysis (opportunity, risks, competition, market prices, ...) and it failed, spending all Alberto's money and a huge amount from Martina. Additionally, she is near 25 and it is probably "time to think over and change". I suppose there was a mix of thinks that made her decide to enroll in the preparation courses  In my opinion Nelly has not influenced her at all in that respect, in fact she hasn't a real job or profession (but Bogdan has an electrical engineering degree if I am correct).

As many others here have said, I wish her all the best in her upcoming studies and future career.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7

50 minutes ago, emnv said:

I hope I can shed some light on some of the open questions in the thread

- What is the exam for? To get access to post-secondary professional studies. It is not the standard access to a university or college degree, I think it is closer to a US junior college.

- Why does she need to pass this exam? Because she didn't continue studying after the mandatory education cycle (covering ages up to 16). If she had continued for two more years, till 18, the access would be granted without exam. She mentioned recently that she was a difficult teenager, not too good at studies but never inactive, she started working very soon. 

- What does she want to study? As already mentioned here, tourism and hospitatlity but more oriented to be a tourist guide or tourist promoter. 2-year studies, 2000 hours, starting next September. 

- Why a math test for a person who plans to syudy tourism?  This exam has two parts. The common part was held yesterday, and included languages and maths for everyone, regardless the specific studies that they apply for. The specific part is today, the subjects (economy and economic geography) are more suitable to her planned studies. She was specially worried today because she needs to pass both the common and the specific parts to get the "title", and exams are only once per year. If she fails, her friend Marta wants to get to Barcelona to prepare the exam with Martina for next year. She tries to convince Alberto to prepare it with them, but I don't see him interested at all.

- Why did she decide to apply for the exam this year? Not 100% clear to me. She was working at a famous place for tourists in Barcelona until it was closed last year due to the pandemic. Meanwhile, Alberto tried to run a franchised business without a minimum analysis (opportunity, risks, competition, market prices, ...) and it failed, spending all Alberto's money and a huge amount from Martina. Additionally, she is near 25 and it is probably "time to think over and change". I suppose there was a mix of thinks that made her decide to enroll in the preparation courses  In my opinion Nelly has not influenced her at all in that respect, in fact she hasn't a real job or profession (but Bogdan has an electrical engineering degree if I am correct).

As many others here have said, I wish her all the best in her upcoming studies and future career.

As always , thank you for this in depth insight , clear written , easy to read and understand and get more familiar with RLC’s most favorite tenant at the moment 😇

My big respect and appreciation personally to you ☺️😌😊

4 hours ago, ddhm said:

need to study came after she got introduced to the Barcelona crew

Maybe she realised that an education was the best way to avoid ending up like the rest of the GOV crowd!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1