Road to 8/24

ddhm

14 minutes ago, Max Ragnar said:

Anyone below can see her if she's close to the windows.  The trail system offers much in the way of viewing in. I suggest google earth will demonstrate what I write.

Max you are absolutely amazing in being able to see all this from 1 camera through 1 door and 1 window. You obviously know nothing about European CCTV regulations, if those windows opsite were a residential property RLC would not be allowed have cameras overlooking those windows, now if you don't believe me look at all the other apartments and find another one where a camera is looking at someone's window.

• Upvote 5

15 minutes ago, Newark52 said:

Max you are absolutely amazing in being able to see all this from 1 camera through 1 door and 1 window. You obviously know nothing about European CCTV regulations, if those windows opsite were a residential property RLC would not be allowed have cameras overlooking those windows, now if you don't believe me look at all the other apartments and find another one where a camera is looking at someone's window.

Camera 1 isn't "aimed" at another apartment.  It happens to show thru the door just like google earth shows them.

• Confused 1

45 minutes ago, Max Ragnar said:

Camera 1 isn't "aimed" at another apartment.  It happens to show thru the door just like google earth shows them.

The difference being Google is not a static camera recording 24/7......RLC is !

• Upvote 4

46 minutes ago, Max Ragnar said:

That is still contravening EU CCTV legislation, no camera is permitted without licence to view outside it's intended demise, so my friend either RLC is breaking the law or those windows are not residential, and as i've just gone through Replay at no time in the last 48 hours has there been a light on at either of those windows.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, jimbo4 said:

The difference being Google is not a static camera recording 24/7......RLC is !

Don't forget live street view cams exist in Prague as well. 

The 2 windows seen in Cam 1 are not such as to identify any person.  I see people looking out from time to time, turn lights on, etc but there is no way you can tell who they are due to the distance from Cam 1. You can see head, arms but not a face.  I took a screen shot of a person in the window. From Leora's balcony its 36 feet to the beige apartment with them having a clear shot. Now the end apartments that are 90 degrees to her, man, they have a great view if they happen to be on one side of their balconies.  The floors above her even better when she's on the balcony.

FYI, here in the US Google is forbidden from private roads and driveways, but the bastards are still doing it. But do to them over extending themselves, the frequent updates are far and few between. 

3 minutes ago, Newark52 said:

That is still contravening EU CCTV legislation, no camera is permitted without licence to view outside it's intended demise, so my friend either RLC is breaking the law or those windows are not residential, and as i've just gone through Replay at no time in the last 48 hours has there been a light on at either of those windows.

Maybe they are maintenance room windows for the janitors' supplies. I can't tell you those two windows belong to an apartment.  But I can say it is an apartment building with a coffee shop and barber shop on the ground floor.

11 minutes ago, Max Ragnar said:

Don't forget live street view cams exist in Prague as well. 

The 2 windows seen in Cam 1 are not such as to identify any person.  I see people looking out from time to time, turn lights on, etc but there is no way you can tell who they are due to the distance from Cam 1. You can see head, arms but not a face.  I took a screen shot of a person in the window. From Leora's balcony its 36 feet to the beige apartment with them having a clear shot. Now the end apartments that are 90 degrees to her, man, they have a great view if they happen to be on one side of their balconies.  The floors above her even better when she's on the balcony.

FYI, here in the US Google is forbidden from private roads and driveways, but the bastards are still doing it. But do to them over extending themselves, the frequent updates are far and few between. 

They exist worldwide but in Europe are forbidden from being directed directly at a private property.

I don't believe you have seen faces in the two windows straight in front of camera 1.

• Upvote 3

Just now, jimbo4 said:

They exist worldwide but in Europe are forbidden from being directed directly at a private property.

I don't believe you have seen faces in the two windows straight in front of camera 1.

That's fine.

15 minutes ago, Newark52 said:

Good point   6.5 of regulations

Example:
Cameras are located at the entrance of a building filming both those exiting and
entering and capturing incidentally, a fe w square metres of the surrounding public
space (providing mostly images of passers-by in a busy street). This practice is
permissible. However, monitoring the windows of an apartment building opposite
should be avoided. The location or direct ion of the cameras should be modified,
the images should be masked or scrambled, or other similar measures should be
taken.

https://edps.europa.eu/sites/default/files/publication/10-03-17_video-surveillance_guidelines_en.pdf

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Max Ragnar said:

Good point   6.5 of regulations

Example:
Cameras are located at the entrance of a building filming both those exiting and
entering and capturing incidentally, a fe w square metres of the surrounding public
space (providing mostly images of passers-by in a busy street). This practice is
permissible. However, monitoring the windows of an apartment building opposite
should be avoided. The location or direct ion of the cameras should be modified,
the images should be masked or scrambled, or other similar measures should be
taken.

https://edps.europa.eu/sites/default/files/publication/10-03-17_video-surveillance_guidelines_en.pdf

End of dispute I think !!