Martina & Alberto - 2022 #20

Noldus

44 minutes ago, JenniferMom said:

While I support the bulk of what you said in this post … this specific claim is patently false.  I remember many times when someone would ask if anyone knows what they are talking about … or who is on the phone with Martina … etc … and nothing was proffered by the translators.  So please don’t say help from the translators has not been requested.  It has.  And often it help is not provided.

I believe this is time consuming work and I don’t fault the translators from not responding to every request.  It also requires a REPLAY sub and it is not expected for them to pay to provide us with a valuable service.  So I get it and I still value the help we get from our native language friends.

But please don’t suggest no one asks.

The other theory … might I say a speculation .. is that they only share translations that put this couple in a positive light.  I don’t think it is universally true but maybe in some instances it is done inadvertently.  Like I said it takes time and I would not want our translators to be wasting a lot of time here … none of us should be.  So maybe some things get missed.

Suggestion:  CamCaps should add $5 to a premium membership and use that money to pay for reliable translations from certified translators … perhaps too pick up the cost of their REPLAY subscriptions.  If CamCaps paid 1 or 2 euros for every 1000 words of translation … we would maybe get flooded with translations!!!

I agree with you. We had a well respected Russian member who could translate, and fully understand what was going on at the RLC Russian apartments. He was badgered to death with people wanting translations.

Camcaps could hire a professional translator, but that would cost money. This site is run on a hobby basis. However, people can donate their points (check out your profile for this info) and buy a deserving member a Premium Membership so they can continue at a higher level.

I have done this with my points several times.

The language problem has existed forever. Perhaps if the translating member could be protected from constant demands, as if they had a persona like Translate1, Translate2,Translate3, we would be better off and they'd be safe from harassment. 

I'll take up the topic with the other mods. But we don't run the site. Members (like you) run the site. I would love to hear more input from members. PM me for discussions. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JenniferMom said:

While I support the bulk of what you said in this post … this specific claim is patently false.  I remember many times when someone would ask if anyone knows what they are talking about … or who is on the phone with Martina … etc … and nothing was proffered by the translators.  So please don’t say help from the translators has not been requested.  It has.  And often it help is not provided.

I believe this is time consuming work and I don’t fault the translators from not responding to every request.  It also requires a REPLAY sub and it is not expected for them to pay to provide us with a valuable service.  So I get it and I still value the help we get from our native language friends.

But please don’t suggest no one asks.

The other theory … might I say a speculation .. is that they only share translations that put this couple in a positive light.  I don’t think it is universally true but maybe in some instances it is done inadvertently.  Like I said it takes time and I would not want our translators to be wasting a lot of time here … none of us should be.  So maybe some things get missed.

Suggestion:  CamCaps should add $5 to a premium membership and use that money to pay for reliable translations from certified translators … perhaps too pick up the cost of their REPLAY subscriptions.  If CamCaps paid 1 or 2 euros for every 1000 words of translation … we would maybe get flooded with translations!!!

You need to know that they were never obliged to provide any info but they did it for a really long time till they stop  doing it because of the doubts from certain people . I really find it insane someone knowing the language and doubting the info he/ she provides. Also , both guys , they NEVER said that this couple is ideal or Martina an angel , many times they gave their opinion about them , the only thing that was tried to be made clear has always been that this apartment in the course of time has always been really interesting to watch and it skyrocketed in attention  after the Nelly / Martina saga . But both these guys have been watching and know things so very much more than the majority here because for them due to the language they could follow them even when few people were paying attention in comparison , for example , to the ongoing increased interest which obvious has occurred due to the incidents the last couple  of years .

If you really want to learn things about Martina and Alberto , if you have the patience to read the archives since they joined back in Day 1 , you will find out things that have been shared here and perhaps you can’t even imagine now that it was like this . 

Both guys and few others through the years have stop the whatever current requests because no matter what , the reality in certain members here isn’t changing , they will always believe the reality they have in their mind , therefore , it doesn’t really worth any time consumption to prove that “ the sun comes from the East and goes to the west “ .. 

About your suggestion , I ASSURE you that even if what you say would happen , they will appear people who would contradict/ question  translations made by trustworthy members and they will say that their translation is the right one and so on .. At the end of the day , like any site , you really need to observe , “ investigate “ and have the eyes open so as to know who can be reliable here of any information provided . 

• Upvote 3

Has anyone ever tried the "VEED CREATE" service online which is suppose to be able to translate video speech into subtitles?  I grabbed a short clip of Alberto speaking clearly, and it's chewing on it.  I'll let you know what it returns, but if anyone else has tried it, it would be good to know if it works or not.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hace 20 minutos, Moosecini dijo:

¿Alguien ha probado alguna vez el servicio "VEED CREATE" en línea que se supone que puede traducir la voz de un video a subtítulos? Agarré un clip corto de Alberto hablando claramente, y lo está masticando. Os dejaré saber lo que devuelve, pero si alguien más lo ha probado, sería bueno saber si funciona o no.

si ese traductor es capaz de traducir , español , catalan , valenciano , y jerga juvenil del dia a dia . es un gran programa sin duda. ejemplo : me fui con una pava y unos xiquets en plan a tomar unas clenchitas por de farla con mis mejos , la tia se puso que recalimaba , solo de verme . ¿quien a entendido eso?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, darkman said:

if that translator is able to translate , Spanish , Catalan , Valencian , and everyday youth jargon It is a great program without a doubt. Example : I went with a kettle and some xiquets in order to have some clenchitas for partying with my best , the aunt got that she relimated , just seeing me . who understood that?

Yeaaaaaah... I see what you mean. 🙄 The "translated" text return may just as well been from a different planet.  It was worth a try.  It did get the audio from the video and "attempt" to translate it.

• Haha 2

I

52 minutes ago, Moosecini said:

Has anyone ever tried the "VEED CREATE" service online which is suppose to be able to translate video speech into subtitles?  I grabbed a short clip of Alberto speaking clearly, and it's chewing on it.  I'll let you know what it returns, but if anyone else has tried it, it would be good to know if it works or not.

I have tested several programs for Spanish. None of them translated anything meaningful. I'm  using a semi-professional language translation from German language to German text for professional reasons. This program works incredibly reliably as long as you speak pure German without a dialect. This manufacturer also offers a version for Spanish, but only for the Basque Spanish dialect. That's the problem.
I think (but I'm not sure) both Martina and Alberto speak a strong Valencian dialect. All speech recognition and text translators fail because of this. I live in the south-west of Germany. There are many villages where a strong dialect is spoken. A German from Northern Germany understands almost nothing..... In Spain, I was told, the differences are even greater. Means no chance for a program. Hope could help you.

si el idioma es puro , la traducion es literal , pero se puede adivinar mas o menos el significado , a mi me pasa con el ingles , imagino que un aleman entre la frontera de belgica , alemania , francia , un dilalecto así seria parecido a lo que habla Alberto y Martina , ademas de las palabras modernas de la gente joven , anglicismos y jerga de la calle todo mezclado .

I'm a bit surprised that apart from girlsfun no one has commented on Martina's long night. Here is just a short version: 19:05 Martina leaves the apartment
Alberto sleeps on the couch in the living room.
02:15 M back after seven hours, difficulty walking and coordination, no puke today.
02:42 long and intensive cuddles with Alberto
02:44 Walk with Taco
02.58 balcony (to smoke?)
03:20 Martina bed
05:02 Alberto goes to bed (usually he gets up now)
08:17 Alberto stands up
ca 10:20 am Alberto cuddles in bed with Martina. She does everything to make him peaceful.
10:33 am Martina gets up.
about 12.00 M & A together major cleaning living room (very clever Martina!)
12:38 Sex in bed
Martina has incredible talent to make Alberto happy. The long night outside is forgotten.

However: How about Martina's school today?
Why is Alberto not at work today?
Public holyday in Barcelona?

1 hour ago, Moosecini said:

Yeaaaaaah... I see what you mean. 🙄 The "translated" text return may just as well been from a different planet.  It was worth a try.  It did get the audio from the video and "attempt" to translate it.

you'll need to get another translate programme to translate the translate lol

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, ddhm said:

You need to know that they were never obliged to provide any info but they did it for a really long time till they stop  doing it because of the doubts from certain people .

Understood.  This is not the point I was making.  You claim that many of us have never asked for help from the translators and prefer to just spout our own speculations and fantasies.  I believe this is bullshit.  Maybe some do that, but please don't paint all of us that way.