Voyeur-House.TV - Part 1

3 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

OK Thanks.  Let us get this set up first and then we can get to the feedback issues once the transformation is done. It will be much easier to figure out.  If Possible can you get a Screenshot then what you are saying will be easier to understand. I am not a Mobile Use as I am OLd School still uses a Landline Phone and have a Full Desktop PC.

Its also useful on normal computer: I mean in my Screenshot you see in the lower right corner (I marked it in red but nothing listed there at the moment) where normally the next unread topic is listed. (Before the change that was usually another appartement) So I could easily navigate all unread  appartement topics til no one was left. Now with the new layout I only see there unread topics to the particular appartement section I am in (For example Zoi & Tim) This makes navigation for more complicated (as you first have to navigate to the appartements overview to see unread topics) and makes user experience worse. 

CCNavigation.JPG

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Amy3 said:

I think most of people would prefer 1 link per voyeur site with 1 thread per apt and then another general link that contains all of the other threads that people can create on their own.  Having all of these sub threads under the main threads is making the experience seem scatterbrained. 

Thats what I mean. You no longer see unread other appartements topics. For example in the Zoi and Tim main topic I no longer in the lower left corner see when anybody posted in the Anna & Alex main topic.

1 minute ago, Amy3 said:

Yes, if they would set up all of the voyeur sites just like I said, it would be perfect. The home page can stay the way it is, but the forums page needs to be as clean as possible. There should be one link to each voyeur site there. Then, inside each link there should be one link to each apt., one link that is a general folder that contains all general threads that people can create on their own (i.e. voyeur-house.tv, should text be banned, etc.....), then one link to the archives, which contains the single link to each closed apt. The thread with the most recent comment should rise to the top of the list in each link section. 

Viola!! Perfection!!

Wow Amy thats just perfect. @StnCld316 @Voyeur House TV that would be perfect. 

2 hours ago, Amy3 said:

Yes, if they would set up all of the voyeur sites just like I said, it would be perfect. The home page can stay the way it is, but the forums page needs to be as clean as possible. There should be one link to each voyeur site there. Then, inside each link there should be one link to each apt., one link that is a general folder that contains all general threads that people can create on their own (i.e. voyeur-house.tv, should Rex be banned, etc.....), then one link to the archives, which contains the single link to each closed apt. The thread with the most recent comment should rise to the top of the list in each link section. 

Viola!! Perfection!!

At the moment, every black text link under section name gets you to the discussion topic directly:

IMG_7740.PNG

Making the experience of 1-Click to travel between apartments. 

For us, it would be the best to be able to switch between current layout to old-style "no-folder" layout and vice-versa. 

But, it's up to CC staff on how to layout their forums as they have a lot bigger experience than all of us here in terms of forum management.

1 hour ago, Amy3 said:

Bottom line is this. The way it is now, it takes 2 clicks to get into the thread you want to read and 2 clicks to get back out to go to the next one and there is no way to know which apt has the most current comments. 

@StnCld316 please consider my format suggestions. Thx!

If there is a comment in a Board the VHTV Logo will stand out. If there is no Comment the Logo will be faded out. Before the Logo was placed it was just a Blue Circle that was there if the circle was dark there was comments made and if it was faded out there was no further comments in the Board of the Apartment. It's a little more work with the mouse to get around compared to the way it was. You never know if something different is going to work unless you try it for a few days and get the feel of a different way of doing things. It may seem like a task to do now as most were used to the way it was set up as we tried before for  a change but it wasn't well received.  Just give it a try for a few days and if it's not what most want then it doesn't take much to change back to the way it was.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Amy3 said:

Indeed, can this be fixed so that clicking the black link takes the user to the last page, not the first page.

@StnCld316

The only thing with the black link is it's set by a URL.  For example if the last page was Page 50 and the URL is set to go to that page then when  10 or 20 pages advance Black Link will always take you to Page 50. The only way that I know of is to use the Blue Link it takes you right into the Topic Board where the Apartment Topic sits on the left of that Apartment Topic will be a Blue Circle or a Blue Star. Clicking the Circle or the Star will take you to the last page where you left off when you last visited that Apartment. A Blue Circle means the Member has visited that apartment but has never made a post within the Apartment Topic and a Star means the Member has Comments or Content placed within that Apartment Topic.

I'll work on one of the black links and see if I can come up with something that will take you to the last page left off at when last visited.

9 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

The only thing with the black link is it's set by a URL.  For example if the last page was Page 50 and the URL is set to go to that page then when  10 or 20 pages advance Black Link will always take you to Page 50. The only way that I know of is to use the Blue Link it takes you right into the Topic Board where the Apartment Topic sits on the left of that Apartment Topic will be a Blue Circle or a Blue Star. Clicking the Circle or the Star will take you to the last page where you left off when you last visited that Apartment. A Blue Circle means the Member has visited that apartment but has never made a post within the Apartment Topic and a Star means the Member has Comments or Content placed within that Apartment Topic.

I'll work on one of the black links and see if I can come up with something that will take you to the last page left off at when last visited.

Yes but my problem still remains as with the old system I could see now when I refresh this page if there are posts in ANY other appartementes topic by the displayed text in the right lower corner. I can click on that to jump through all the unread VH  content until there is no more link displayed. Now I must click on the left lower corner "GO TO TOPIC LISTING" and from there to go up another stage to see the unread sections and from there make two clicks again to get to the next unread topic. Basically I must make 4 clicks now where whith the old system 1 click was enough. Thats really bad user experience. 

Sorry when its a little confusing what I try to say here @StnCld316 @Voyeur House TV I will try with another example and screenshots. Right now theres a new reply in the Lena, Peter, Katie, Phil topic. In the old system when I press refresh here the unread this topic would have been displayed in the lower right corner: That was one click and I was done.CCNavigation.JPG

Now I have to click on "GO TO TOPIC LISTING" CCNavigation2.JPG

Thats the first click. Then I have to click on here:

CCNavigation3.JPG

(Thats click number two) to get here:

CCNavigation4.JPG

On this page theres no indication other the time last post was made if there is new unread content for me. 

Okay now I click on the Katie,Phil,Lena,Peter topic which is click number three and takes me here:

CCNavigation5.JPG

Now I have to click on the actual topic again to get to the unread content which is click number four

Thats way too complicated and you have to repeat all this again to get to next appartement topic. Now imagine that click adventure on mobile....

Jabbath I do not know where you can count 4 clicks because I at worst I have two to do
Whenever there is a novelty, whether on the forum or on VH, you leave no chance, you do not want to let the thing work for at least a few days so that we can evaluate the proper functioning

3 minutes ago, moos54 said:

Jabbath I do not know where you can count 4 clicks because I at worst I have two to do
Whenever there is a novelty, whether on the forum or on VH, you leave no chance, you do not want to let the thing work for at least a few days so that we can evaluate the proper functioning

Two clicks to get from the topic we are currently in to overview:

CCNavigation4.JPG

and two clicks to get from there to the last post of my chosen topic.

If you know another way thats more easy please tell me. Mayb I dont see sth. here. 

And I am only giving feedback how it feels for me now. Wanting to improve the usere experience with you alltogether by giving you my feedback. Thats all. :biggrin: