Voyeur-House.TV - Part 1

22 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

Sorry when its a little confusing what I try to say here @StnCld316 @Voyeur House TV I will try with another example and screenshots. Right now theres a new reply in the Lena, Peter, Katie, Phil topic. In the old system when I press refresh here the unread this topic would have been displayed in the lower right corner: That was one click and I was done.CCNavigation.JPG  0   83.28 kB

Now I have to click on "GO TO TOPIC LISTING" CCNavigation2.JPG  0   70.73 kB

Thats the first click. Then I have to click on here:

CCNavigation3.JPG  0   39.62 kB

(Thats click number two) to get here:

CCNavigation4.JPG  0   294.18 kB

On this page theres no indication other the time last post was made if there is new unread content for me. 

Okay now I click on the Katie,Phil,Lena,Peter topic which is click number three and takes me here:

CCNavigation5.JPG  0   102.12 kB

Now I have to click on the actual topic again to get to the unread content which is click number four

Thats way too complicated and you have to repeat all this again to get to next appartement topic. Now imagine that click adventure on mobile....

CCNavigation.JPG

The reason for that is because in the Previous Board everything was confined into one spot so it likely had some feature there that would take you your spot you wanted. Now that each Apartment has its own Board with the Apartment Topic within you now only have:

CCNavigation2.JPG

Going to the Topic Listing will only take you back to the Title of the Topic you were just in.

The way to get back to the Main Board quickly where are the Apartments are listed is by using:

CCNavigation3.JPG

Then it brings you to this page.

CCNavigation4.JPG

When the Logo is Bright there is something in that Board that's Unread and when it's shaded out there is nothing new posted.

Like I said before I don't have any Mobile Device so I don't know how the Software works with Mobile Devices.

1 minute ago, StnCld316 said:

CCNavigation.JPG  0   83.28 kB

The reason for that is because in the Previous Board everything was confined into one spot so it likely had some feature there that would take you your spot you wanted. Now that each Apartment has its own Board with the Apartment Topic within you now only have:

CCNavigation2.JPG  0   70.73 kB

Going to the Topic Listing will only take you back to the Title of the Topic you were just in.

The way to get back to the Main Board quickly where are the Apartments are listed is by using:

CCNavigation3.JPG  1   39.62 kB

Then it brings you to this page.

CCNavigation4.JPG  0   294.18 kB

When the Logo is Bright there is something in that Board that's Unread and when it's shaded out there is nothing new posted.

Like I said before I don't have any Mobile Device so I don't know how the Software works with Mobile Devices.

Thanks for your answer. I understand I can save one click. But still two clicks more than before. I guess we should see for a few days if there are any sub topics opened in the respective sections. If this feature is not used I think the old system or maybe the system @Amy3 supposed will be better

As with any Forum Software it's mainly designed to make Forums or Sub Forums as you can see throughout many Forum Boards we have on our System. Depending on how the Layout of the Forum Board is depends on what Features lies within as Different Set Ups come with different Functions. It can likely do more within the Control Panel but I only have access to the Basic Forum things like setting them up into a Forum, Sub Forum, Setting the Boards Permissions or Changing Names. The Advanced Features of Forum Board are usually in a different place in the System where Admin himself is the only one with Access to those Advanced Features as you have to know what your doing within those confines of the System.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

As with any Forum Software it's mainly designed to make Forums or Sub Forums as you can see throughout many Forum Boards we have on our System. Depending on how the Layout of the Forum Board is depends on what Features lies within as Different Set Ups come with different Functions. It can likely do more within the Control Panel but I only have access to the Basic Forum things like setting them up into a Forum, Sub Forum, Setting the Boards Permissions or Changing Names. The Advanced Features of Forum Board are usually in a different place in the System where Admin himself is the only one with Access to those Advanced Features as you have to know what your doing within those confines of the System.

I know software is not always easy to handle especially when it come to some special features. I really appreciate and value your work here. Please dont take it as stupid complaining when I named a few flaws of the new layout my friend :biggrin:

4 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

Thanks for your answer. I understand I can save one click. But still two clicks more than before. I guess we should see for a few days if there are any sub topics opened in the respective sections. If this feature is not used I think the old system or maybe the system @Amy3 supposed will be better

Fair enough.  Just click around and try to find ways where less clicking is involved.

For me it's just 2 clicks to get the Apartment Unread Topic and a Third click on the Voyeur-House.TV to get be back to the Main Board where all the Apartments are listed.

The ones that find it confusing are the ones that have been strictly used to the Old way the Apartment Board was set up as everything was in one place. Now the Topics have been moved to a New Board which expands outwards is something new for most if that's the only board they frequent. 

Now there are Members from the RLC Board that frequent the VHTV Board set up and it looks normal to them as they are used to that type of set up of a Different Apartment Board so nothing appears out of place to them.

Just try it for a few days and if most can't get the hang of it we can always revert back to the way it was. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

I do not agree, between the old and the new system, there is only one more click, is this really important in the end?
If we do all this, it is to give the importance that VH has to our eyes, especially since it adds more and more flat

2 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

Fair enough.  Just click around and try to find ways where less clicking is involved.

For me it's just 2 clicks to get the Apartment Unread Topic and a Third click on the Voyeur-House.TV to get be back to the Main Board where all the Apartments are listed.

The ones that find it confusing are the ones that have been strictly used to the Old way the Apartment Board was set up as everything was in one place. Now the Topics have been moved to a New Board which expands outwards is something new for most if that's the only board they frequent. 

Now there are Members from the RLC Board that frequent the VHTV Board set up and it looks normal to them as they are used to that type of set up of a Different Apartment Board so nothing appears out of place to them.

Just try it for a few days and if most can't get the hang of it we can always revert back to the way it was. 

Nothing to add here :biggrin:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

I'll work on one of the black links and see if I can come up with something that will take you to the last page left off at when last visited.

Well, basically, you need to append

?do=getLastComment

to all URL's you have in black link texts at VHTV forum section. That will make the link jump right to the last page of every topic from there.

• Like 3

Just tested it on phone. It's really bad there as you have to scroll now the overview list to see new sub topics with posts.

2017_8_18_10_21_25.png

And there is no way on mobile to jump from a topic directly to overview:

2017_8_18_10_22_45.png

Instead of one click on the lower corner to jump to the next unread topic I now have to do four and a lot of scrolling on mobile. For me at the moment unfortunately pretty much unusable on mobile.

4 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

Maybe it's possible to get the old layout on mobile and the the new on normal PC? Or implement a feature where you can make your own subtopic which only you can see and can put in all the topics you want.

Alternatively CC could develop an app for Android and iPhone/iPad which has an interface better suited to mobile devices