Silvia & Josh

6 minutes ago, nack said:

Everything's Good here mate.I tried your PM many times. Couldn't go through. Natres,mr1010 are gone.Jabbath is still here though..:angel: Golden Era of VV..you are right,the era of no timeline,Ivo fucking everything that moved,christy..good old days.

How are you ? Everything fine  ? Been a long hiatus.

I'm good. Not much has changed. To bad that mr1010 is gone, he was one of the good guys.

6 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

Unsy? It's really you. Willkommen zurück ??

Yeah it's me, buddy. Unkraut vergeht nicht ;)

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, thedbear said:

I do not know if that's what you wanted to say, but it's more enlightened.

Historical phrase attributed to Cesar Roman emperor when he was stabbed by his son Brutus.
At least that's how I know it.:biggrin:

More accurately Brutus was a former soldier with Julius Caesar and a political ally; when betrayed his dying words were "Et tu Brute" meaning literally "And you Brutus?" but more normally translated as "Even you Brutus?" meaning he could not believe he was being murdered by one of his oldest and closest friends.

5 minutes ago, waldi said:

thanks for the history lesson, I'd never guess that

Brutus was not the son of Julius Caesar.   Brutus was a politician who befriended Caesar  and was instrumental in developing the conspiracy to assassinate Caesar.   Brutus was actually the some of Marcus Junis Brutus who was treacherously assassinated by Pompeii the Great.   Furthermore, the saying: "Et Tu Brutus, ("Even You Brutus?) though attributed to Caesar, actually comes from Shakespeare  and his play, "Julius Caesar".

Just thought you'd like to know.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, mic351 said:

Brutus was not the son of Julius Caesar.   Brutus was a politician who befriended Caesar  and was instrumental in developing the conspiracy to assassinate Caesar.   Brutus was actually the some of Marcus Junis Brutus who was treacherously assassinated by Pompeii the Great.   Furthermore, the saying: "Et Tu Brutus, ("Even You Brutus?) though attributed to Caesar, actually comes from Shakespeare  and his play, "Julius Caesar".

Wasn't Brutus adopted by Caesar?

4 minutes ago, mic351 said:

My favorite subject in English Elective class when i was in college,second semester..:biggrin:

12 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

Wasn't Brutus adopted by Caesar?

No, Brutus was adopted by an Uncle after his father's death.  Actually Brutus was captured after Pompeii's defeat by Caesar.  Brutus was quickly pardoned and made a high ranking Magistrate by Caesar.  when  Caesar seized absolute power and deified himself Brutus was appalled.  It should remembered that Brutus was a direct descendant of Lucius Junis Brutus who drove the Etruscan Kings from Rome.and was also a senior priest of the pontificates.  So, the seizure and deification by Caesar would have been a double whammy to Brutus.  

End of history lesson....

• Upvote 2