Trump Will be Impeached

16 minutes ago, Thestarider said:

So to maintian our current employment rate, we'd need to create, on average, 244,336 jobs every month.

image.png.fdc874a4b055285674625bce14c4e953.png

Here's the breakdown of the 95 million Americans who weren't working, according to the latest figures from the Atlanta Federal Reserve, which conducted a review based on figures through September 2017

-- 94.6 million people above the age of 16 were out of the workforce.

Of those:

-- 44.5 million were retired.

-- 14.5 million were in school or job training.

-- 12.8 million were taking care of a loved one.

-- 15.3 million weren't working because of an illness or disability.

In all, of the 94.6 million not working, 87.1 million were retired, in school, taking care of a loved one or physically unable to work.

That leaves 7.5 million people. What about them?

Of those, 1.6 million had looked for a job in the past year or wanted a job but had given up searching for more than a year. And 5.9 million workers listed "other" as a reason for not wanting or having a job. We don't know much about these workers.

You can twist data like a pretzel.  Focus is on jobs CREATED, not lost.  Granted, they are probably blue collar minimum wage jobs.  But its work. And its work that keeps the economy going.

54 minutes ago, Howard said:

WTF?  They've been talking for over two hours!  That's 2 hours more the Obama or any other recent POTUS the past 30 years.

Even if nothing comes of this summit other then a "meet & greet", pessimistic hatred from liberals is to be expected...cuz that's how ya'll roll.

That's why I said Short and Sweet. 2 Hours is not a lot of time it's 120 Minutes.   By the way I am not a Liberal.   :biggrin:

If we go down this tariff path I have a novel idea.I think the U.S. should start by placing a 25% tariff only on luxury items that we import from G-7 nations,things like Mercedes,BMWs,Porches,Rolls Royces,Ferraris,Landrovers,yachts,Swiss watches, expensive European wines,jewelry,high end fashion clothing,cosmetics,etc. That way we could reduce our trade deficit without putting a financial burden on U.S. working class people.The policy would also have the added benefit of pissing off all the phony liberal progressive millionaires and billionaires in Hollywood who buy these products. After the tariffs are in effect we could offer the producers of these products the opportunity to build factories in the U.S.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jugghead said:

Good news if it's real. Just remember that there is never "more" money, only reallocated money. Essentially, we will all have to pay more for goods to pay for these jobs.

"there is never "more" money,only reallocated money"?? What do you think the quantitative easing policy of the Federal Reserve was all about?That was essentially printing money to stimulate a stagnant economy. Artificially low interest rates were the only thing that saved us from Obama's failed economic policies.

I have seen both sides of these political arguments. one thing I've noticed is this: People who appear to have conservative views tend to want to label and compartmentalize every issue to give them the ability to make an argument. People who tend to lean progressive seem to understand that every issue has shades of grey and the idea that there is a quick fix annoys them because they know it requires negotiation and a well thought out plan. People who tend to lean conservative seem to think that left leaning people have been unbending over the last eight years and they want immediate change, citing all the lies and corruption, real or not real depending on who you listen to, undertaken by the Obamas and Clintons and most Democratic public officials. I see flaws on both sides and judging from what I've heard people saying back and forth, I refuse to believe either "side" deserves my full commitment. I listen to both and I shake my head at most of what I hear. Be careful how much you double and triple down folks.

You sound like someone who believes in nothing and is scared to death to make a decision. 

We're doing that running away right now. Still, my original point is that the money just gets moved around. You could use that chart for a whole bunch of related things Income, spending, taxes, etc. It's just moving the money around. In the end we all pay the same regardless. A guy walks in to an emergency room with insurance or not, we still pay.

In a vibrant economy the money supply is not static.Increased production results in the creation of new wealth and new money.The money supply can be increased without inflation if you have increased production of goods and services at the same time.Inflation results when you have too many dollars chasing to few products.And depressions and recessions result when there are too few dollars to purchase goods and services.

8 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

That's why I said Short and Sweet. 2 Hours is not a lot of time it's 120 Minutes.   By the way I am not a Liberal.   :biggrin:

You're Canadian - that's worse! 🙂

First the left said Trump was going to get us into a nuclear war with North Korea.Now they're complaining that Trump is being too friendly with Kim. Trump hatred runs very deep on the left. LMAO  At least Trump didn't give Kim $150 billion like Obama gave to Iran.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ridgerunner said:

First the left said Trump was going to get us into a nuclear war with North Korea.Now they're complaining that Trump is being too friendly with Kim. Trump hatred runs very deep on the left. LMAO  At least Trump didn't give Kim $150 billion like Obama gave to Iran.

No. The meeting between Trump and Kim Jong-un went better than I expected. 

Although, the wording of the agreement is rather vague and much still needs to be clarified,  I can see a real opportunity of a peaceful nuclear disarmament. Now we can hope that the announcements will be followed by verifiable results.