Voyeur-House.TV (2019) Part #1

Just now, Robwin said:

Well I have used AMD many years ago and i found then to be very good. In fact then the same spec processor then always out performed Intel and they were always a lot cheaper I was very impressed. Cant remember now why I went back to Intel. Have a feeling AMD had internal problems for a few years and fell behind. But have seen recently their latest chips have had very good reviews and on a like for like basis  still out perform Intel.

Exactly I am waiting for this years Threadripper line-up. The 24 core will be mine 😁

• Like 1

Just now, Robwin said:

Yeah would like to see that 👍. Their graphics cards were always good too.

Quite impressed from the new 5700XT. But as I do 4K gaming I need some more juice. Rumours say there will be something faster soon from them. At the level of the Nvidia 2080Ti

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Well I have used AMD many years ago and i found then to be very good. In fact then the same spec processor then always out performed Intel and they were always a lot cheaper I was very impressed. Cant remember now why I went back to Intel. Have a feeling AMD had internal problems for a few years and fell behind. But have seen recently their latest chips have had very good reviews and on a like for like basis  still out perform Intel.

Yep, happen the same here.. I had an athlon from that time but then they basically almost "disappear" from the market here without few offer and no so special prices

• Like 2

Just now, Sparkles said:

Yep, happen the same here.. I had an athlon from that time but then they basically almost "disappear" from the market here without few offer and no so special prices

Ah yes I remember my Athlon Thunderbird 1200. You could shorten too contacts with a pencil on the chip to unlock overclocking. I overclocked it to 1,5Ghz 😁

Than came the Athlon 64 and 64 X2 (First dual core) 

But after that many fails from them (Phenom and Bulldozer) So I switched to Intel. At the moment I have an i7 6800K (6 core) But with all the security updates against Meltdown and Spectre and stuff it is too slow for me now. 

So I am happy to switch soon back to AMD. 😁

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Was a shame then as they were almost overtaking Intel when they seemed to run into a few problems. Their chips were better then re graphics if I remember correctly.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Was a shame then as they were almost overtaking Intel when they seemed to run into a few problems. Their chips were better then re graphics if I remember correctly.

They bought ATI and this was what needed so much money they needed a lot of time to get back on track with CPU development. 

At the moment Intel has huge problems with their new 10nm production process. They still have to use 14nm. AMD is now using 7nm. This is huge advantage for AMD. 

They pack 64 cores on their latest server CPU AMD Epyc. 64 cores in one CPU. That is crazy 🤯

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

They bought ATI and this was what needed so much money they needed a lot of time to get back on track with CPU development. 

At the moment Intel has huge problems with their new 10nm production process. They still have to use 14nm. AMD is now using 7nm. This is huge advantage for AMD. 

They pack 64 cores on their latest server CPU AMD Epyc. 64 cores in one CPU. That is crazy 🤯

Ah yes it's all coming back now. As you say their latest chips seem too good to be true just hope all goes well as it would be great to see them back on track again. Good to see Intel get a kick in the butt they have had it their own way for too long.

Here is my CPU "history"

1. Intel Pentium MMX166 (Actually my dads one 😁)
  2. Intel Pentium II 266
  3. AMD Athlon K7 600
  4. AMD Athlon Thunderbird 1200
  5. AMD Athlon XP 3200+
  6. AMD Athlon 64 3400+
  7. AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+
  8. Intel Core 2 Duo E6400
  9. Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
  10. Intel Core 2 Quad Q9500
  11. Intel Core i7 920
  12. Intel Core i7 3930k
  13. Intel Core i7 6800k

4 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Ah yes it's all coming back now. As you say their latest chips seem too good to be true just hope all goes well as it would be great to see them back on track again. Good to see Intel get a kick in the butt they have had it their own way for too long.

Yes fully agree. Intel did some bad things to AMD which were not right at all.

• Like 1