BREX(SH)IT

Il y a 5 heures, BBsq69 a dit :

To answer your question, it is felt she had an impossible job but she had run out of cards to play so she was just occupying the position. People have sympathy for her  - I do over Brexit as I said many times they should vote for her deal, but not her career in general - but pretty much everybody in the country had lost patience with her inability to move anything on.   

These and I think some of the MPs are holding back their support for Brexit because it seems that there is voter regret when it comes to the previous referendum. Honestly, what has the UK really has to gain from exiting EU other than having more immigration control? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, SierraTM said:

These and I think some of the MPs are holding back their support for Brexit because it seems that there is voter regret when it comes to the previous referendum. Honestly, what has the UK really has to gain from exiting EU other than having more immigration control? 

Nothing

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Again this is General politics but since the discussion on the next PM is important and Brexit seems to have stalled entirely.

Another 3 candidates (there are 11 in all):

Jeremy Hunt, famously called Jeremy Cunt by a famous BBC news presenter which is appropriate as I think most doctors refer to the ex Health Secretary that way, is the current Foreign Secretary (No 3. in the UK government hierarchy). I remember when he was put in charge of media he kept bumping into one of Murdoch's cronies. He has a lot of money but said more study should go into homeopathy as a health option. Homeopathy is scientific bollocks. It is not that it does not work. It literally cannot work. Should a person like that be making decisions about health? Rich.

Sayid Javid, Home Secretary (No 4.), had a fairly impressive career as a banker so in theory should be able to grasp the financial aspects. Has got where he has by hard work and ability rather than his family like several of the others but still maybe his ambition is a bit too blatant.

Esther McVey ... Well she is from my part of the country even more so than Javid but I really do not like the woman. I would describe has the ex Minister against the Disabled since she spent her entire time looking for ways to take money off disabled people and has misled parliament but that's nothing new for a politician. She used to be a TV presenter on some religious programme. Her right wing politics belie her disadvantaged Irish Catholic background but the fact that she was a Deputy Whip shows she has a ruthless strong side. Tends to have relationships with colleagues. To balance this Boris tends to have a relationship with anything in a skirt.

Be surprised if any of those win but who knows in this crazy world.