BREX(SH)IT

The United Kingdom has today signed a trade agreement with Norway, so the trade between our two countries atleast will have some orderly forms. It is a temporary agreement, that will last untill the negotiations through EFTA is finished.

Now you just have to put together some proper deal with the EU. Brexit is one thing. As you might have noticed, I supported Brexit, and I'm very negative to the EU as a political union. But the stunning indeciciveness of the British government, and the political farce of a Parliament is really hurting your country.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ed2 said:

The United Kingdom has today signed a trade agreement with Norway, so the trade between our two countries atleast will have some orderly forms. It is a temporary agreement, that will last untill the negotiations through EFTA is finished.

Now you just have to put together some proper deal with the EU. Brexit is one thing. As you might have noticed, I supported Brexit, and I'm very negative to the EU as a political union. But the stunning indeciciveness of the British government, and the political farce of a Parliament is really hurting your country.

I'm anti-Brexit...It's a fucking mess and I've had it up to here with it...😒

51 minutes ago, nagachilli2 said:

I'm anti-Brexit...It's a fucking mess and I've had it up to here with it...😒

Thinking about it, anti-Brexit is actually a pretty wierd way to put it. It's kind of like a double negative. You are against a movement that is against an institution. What it means is that you are pro EU.

Just now, ed2 said:

Thinking about it, anti-Brexit is actually a pretty wierd way to put it. It's kind of like a double negative. You are against a movement that is against an institution. What it means is that you are pro EU.

I voted to stay in EU...Great Britain isn't as great as we think we are...especially with Boris at the helm. 4 years on and we're no further forward :dodgy:

On 1/31/2020 at 9:54 PM, Robwin said:

Nearly time to leave that EU power mad organisation, to use a well used Barnier phrase, the clock is ticking,tick tock,tick tock until it's final tock at 11pm UK time, 12am Euro time.

Whilst we love Europe our departure from the EU can't come fast enough, bye bye and best wishes to all remaining country's.

leaving 2.gif

What it comes down to is who do you want to run your country, them or us. I think Maggie was right (except perhaps for the CCP man made virus). She said, all our problems come from Europe. How true that is. It will take a while to recover our self confidence and our pride but 10 years from now we shall be asking ourselves why we didn't exit sooner although I genuinely believe that the EU won't be around by that time. The reason is that Italy will probably be next to leave. It is such a large economy in EU terms that, on top of our leaving also, I doubt the EU will survive the financial shock. This will manifest itself in the collapse of confidence in the Euro. This should not come as a surprise. It is the only currency that no one actually owns and which has no bank of last resort i.e. a fiat currency. The only reason the Euro hasn't foundered so far is that the World Banks are terrified about highlighting the massive bail-out loans that will never be repaid for fear of what will follow. The executioner won't be the Banks but the Markets which no government can control (other than China). The occasion will be when each loan comes up for repayment and the country attempting to re-finance the successor loan finds that no one wants to buy its bonds anymore as they are too expensive. The debtor country will then turn to the ECB who will just give a gallic shrug as our German friends have made it clear they don't want to be Europe's cash cow and the EU treaty doesn't allow it. 

Hot tip. Invest in gold (not paper gold) and get rid of your debts as I think some tough times are just around the corner. Lest you think I exaggerate, ask yourself why there are currently negative interest rates in Europe?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1