Asia & Hakeem General Chat Topic #1 May 2019

On 5/17/2019 at 8:55 AM, Boitoske said:

He is not Black.... he is coloured. And be careful what you say.... he might just come and slap you with his cock..... 😂😂

What is the difference between colored people and people of color? I’ve noticed that one of them is politically correct and the other is not in the US. Regardless, it's an old saying. Don't take it personally.

The meaning, and acceptability, of terms for people depend - or, at any rate, should rely - on the people to whom they are applied. If I say to someone, "My name is Joey," and he announces, "I've decided to call you Joseph because that is more correct," he is an asshole. Call people what they want to be called. When this is a volatile political issue or whatever - and what isn't, nowadays - these terms may change. In my lifetime I've seen the acceptable nomenclature for Americans of African descent go from "Negro" and/or "Colored People" (both of which still survive in such institutions as the United Negro College Fund and the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People) to "Afro-American" and "Black" to, most recently, "African-American" (though it is "Black Lives Matter" still). (There were also unacceptable terms then, as now; not just the "N-word," but many others that were recognized more than half a century ago as being insulting.)

All you can do is try to keep up, as best you can, and when someone - of that ethnicity - says you got it wrong, apologize and try to get it right. Nowadays using "Colored People" would get you some funny looks, as if you had just time-traveled from the 1950s or perhaps were trying to mock them. But historically, it was perfectly respectable in its time, and people referred to themselves this way. "People of color" is quite a different phrase. It is a coinage from the 1970s, perhaps (I'm not sure, but it was within my lifetime, I believe) to cover not just African-Americans but other non-Whites in US society, chiefly Hispanics, Asians, and Native Americans. It came out (I think) as part of an effort to create an ordinary consciousness, and political solidarity, among all the peoples who were in one way or another marginalized or discriminated against by white America. 

As such, it has always had a quasi-political (leftist) slant to it. Whenever I hear the term used, I suspect it reflects an effort to enhance non-white solidarity or demonize white supremacy. So if you are to use it, understand that this is how some people will hear it, and decide whether this is the effect you are trying to communicate. Get non-Whites to rally to your cause? Great. Potentially put up the backs of Whites who think they're being got at? Maybe not so great. You decide. 19.gif.13a1db0bd18528cdf7b8fc309ee481ec.gif

• Like 5

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 11:12 PM, Alladino said:

Why so impatient? These two are less than a week in the project. 

I don't know why, but I am convinced the two have great potentail. Even though I'm not sure if they knew each other before RLC. 

I have to correct myself and scratch out anything. 

I have no idea what these two are doing in RLC. Meanwhile, I'm convinced they're not even a actual couple. All interaction between the two was as if they met for the first time in the apartment. Now, it is day three and they sleep separately, spend hardly any time in the apartment together and don't really seem to have sex with each other (with the exception of one very very strange event where he actually ask her to stop). 

What the hell is going on here?

3 minutes ago, Alladino said:

I have no idea what these two are doing in RLC. Meanwhile, I'm convinced they're not even a actual couple. All interaction between the two was as if they met for the first time in the apartment. Now, it is day three and they sleep separately, spend hardly any time in the apartment together and don't really seem to have sex with each other (with the exception of one very very strange event where he actually ask her to stop). 

They seem to be fallowing the last ex residents path..not for me at all.

3 hours ago, wilson said:

W O W 

I  AM  A  BLACK AMERICAN  ALSO AND THAT IS VERY RACIST AND  Offensive

MY GREAT GRAND MOTHER WAS WHITE

THAT IS NOT A FUNNY COMMENT😪

I see you made a brand new troll account. Kudos to you! Wakanda forever!

4 hours ago, Alladino said:

yes I have the same impression, seems a couple just formed for this apartment because they are english speaker in czech republic and this is what rlc looked for this apartment,  this is a fake couple on my eyes,

I don't see any true love between them everything seems forced and not natural

I've just witnessed a miracle. Hakeem has become a woman and is sleeping in the guest room. Asia is still looking very lonely and bemused in the bedroom.

This "couple" is weird.

1522.jpg

n5ci.jpg

• Like 2

• StnCld316 changed the title to Asia & Hakeem General Chat Topic #1 May 2019
il y a 25 minutes, franklin a dit :

Je viens d'assister à un miracle. Hakeem est devenue une femme et dort dans la chambre d'amis. L'Asie a toujours l'air très seule et perplexe dans la chambre à coucher.

Ce "couple" est bizarre.

1522.jpg

n5ci.jpg

elle s ' ennuie malgré sa grosse bite .........c ' est rassurant pour ceux comme moi qui en ont une petite 

5 hours ago, firewall said:

yes I have the same impression, seems a couple just formed for this apartment because they are english speaker in czech republic and this is what rlc looked for this apartment,  this is a fake couple on my eyes,

I don't see any true love between them everything seems forced and not natural

The funny thing is that I always hoped RLC would have the courage to start a roommate apartment with an international cast. Imagine that, just four (two men and two women) or even more living as friends (not as couples) in a vibrant apartment. Many guests and at least the possibility that something develops between the residents. Sure, RLC would have to explain the experiment with a few words, but the possibilities are endless. 

If they now, just label two people as a couple, even though they obviously aren't, the whole thing just seems extremely wrong. Why only two, and why pretend they're something they're obviously not. The other way around, the whole thing would be much more exciting.

57 minutes ago, franklin said:

I've just witnessed a miracle. Hakeem has become a woman and is sleeping in the guest room. Asia is still looking very lonely and bemused in the bedroom.

This "couple" is weird.

1522.jpg

n5ci.jpg

Obviously the woman you said Hakeem has become is the black woman.  The other woman has the look on her face that reads.......what the fuck have I got myself in to, or what the fuck am I doing here!!  She looks like a pretty woman by your pic but I think she's out of her element.