Discussion: 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) #1

itsme

We should get back to the subject at hand, We all know where this and all SARS-Conrona viruses have come from. It is not Germany, or the UK, or the EU, or even the USA, but from those who represent the flag I posted. Just think where the world would be today if only they would have been straight forward and honest with the world ? Look at all the suffering in the world because of that flag. China world dominance in 2030 and yes you are selling your heart and soul. 

Confirmed 1,139,207+105,729 cases of infection, Deaths 60,877+6,508. 

1 hour ago, Kjeld Carlsen said:

That is internal contry affairs and can not be compared to US worlwide interference

And that is exactly what Trump is trying to do--let other countries handle their own affairs without US interference. 

And about the masks--the US obviously needs masks more than some of the other countries, such as Canada and Germany (look at the number of cases) --so why is it so bad for any leader

to try and procure whatever is needed to protect his people from this pandemic ??? 

1 hour ago, happyone said:

And that is exactly what Trump is trying to do--let other countries handle their own affairs without US interference. 

And about the masks--the US obviously needs masks more than some of the other countries, such as Canada and Germany (look at the number of cases) --so why is it so bad for any leader

to try and procure whatever is needed to protect his people from this pandemic ??? 

I hope I misunderstood your words but are you saying that an American life would be more important than an European life and that in this case all blows are allowed if it is to save his people?
Without wanting to mix me up with the political choices of certain nations and their way of handling this crisis, some countries had time to see coming before this virus arrived at their door but they decided to ignore the recommendations of the health authorities
So now it's urgent everywhere because the necessary was not done immediately because some took the wrong bet to want to save their economy at the expense of humans
Now there are a lot of human losses and the economy is not looking good either, there are ultimately lose-lose choices

Everyone is trying to advocate unity in front of the virus but in the end I still have the impression that it is everyone for themselves, which is a shame

• Like 5

1 hour ago, moos54 said:

I hope I misunderstood your words but are you saying that an American life would be more important than an European life and that in this case all blows are allowed if it is to save his people?
Without wanting to mix me up with the political choices of certain nations and their way of handling this crisis, some countries had time to see coming before this virus arrived at their door but they decided to ignore the recommendations of the health authorities
So now it's urgent everywhere because the necessary was not done immediately because some took the wrong bet to want to save their economy at the expense of humans
Now there are a lot of human losses and the economy is not looking good either, there are ultimately lose-lose choices

Everyone is trying to advocate unity in front of the virus but in the end I still have the impression that it is everyone for themselves, which is a shame

You did misunderstand,, no one countries' lives are more important than another.  However, if this is truly going to be a global effort to end Covid19--then why not send the medical supplies and equipment (masks included) to those countries that have the highest infections-????-.. It makes no difference at this point in time IMO who did or did not act immediately against this unknown threat.  The fact still remains that some countries need supplies more than others-the USA being one of the highest number of cases --as is obviously Spain and Italy. From the statistics it has been shown that a few countries seem to have a better control of the virus (Germany and Canada for example) , and therefore do not need as many or have the urgent immediate need for the supplies as do other countries. 

18 minutes ago, happyone said:

You did misunderstand,, no one countries' lives are more important than another.  However, if this is truly going to be a global effort to end Covid19--then why not send the medical supplies and equipment (masks included) to those countries that have the highest infections-????-.. It makes no difference at this point in time IMO who did or did not act immediately against this unknown threat.  The fact still remains that some countries need supplies more than others-the USA being one of the highest number of cases --as is obviously Spain and Italy. From the statistics it has been shown that a few countries seem to have a better control of the virus (Germany and Canada for example) , and therefore do not need as many or have the urgent immediate need for the supplies as do other countries. 

I agree with you, except that it is Europe which is the biggest source of infection for the moment, so if we withdraw the means of countries like Germany to fight the virus, what do you think that is it going to happen exactly?
but it must be strange for the American people to have to depend on supplies that must come from elsewhere

• Like 1

3 hours ago, happyone said:

So shouldn't he be setting an example and wearing one...instead of saying it's not for him...sitting with a mask on behind his lovely desk in his lovely room in the White House, regardless of medical advice...🥴

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nagachilli2 said:

So shouldn't he be setting an example and wearing one...instead of saying it's not for him...sitting with a mask on behind his lovely desk in his lovely room in the White House, regardless of medical advice...🥴

He is so caring he said it wasn't for him, but for his son 😏

13 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

The reason the U.S. has to depend upon other countries for medical supplies is because the four presidents previous to President Trump sold out America and sent all our manufacturing and our high paying middle class jobs overseas. That's why the non-politician Donald Trump was elected president. American workers were fed up with politicians who no longer worked for the American people. It was Trump who promised to bring those jobs back to America. That's what he meant by "Make America Great Again".

I am not a fan of politics for my part, at least you have the nerve to say that the problem comes from all political sides, whether Republican or Democrat
In France, we also have the same problem, for too long, successive governments have done everything to reduce the costs in our health service, we are suddenly paying the bill now when we could have been as efficient as germany
Those who are in place now are not perfect but they are not the only ones responsible for what happens
On the other hand, even if it is complicated to manage a country like the United States, I think that Trump made a mistake of strategy and which is exploding in his face now

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

What was Trump's mistake in strategy?

Western Europe has been in confinement with limited displacement for more than three weeks, and we can clearly see the ravages that this virus can do despite this, the concern is that Trump did not take the decisions soon enough and he still doesn't take them, preferring to leave the responsibility to the governors

England also made the same mistake of not applying the measures at the same time as the other countries

I really think that this pandemic could have made fewer victims if the measures had been applied earlier, the problem was to save the economy, now the problem is human and also economic

• Like 1