Discussion: 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) #1

itsme

2 minutes ago, StarLight28 said:

Gut gebrüllt Löwe. Mit dem ersten Teil haben Sie recht. Und was wollen Sie in Summa sagen ??? Sie beklagen "Anstand" ???

Erklären Sie was Sie meinen. "Fick Dich" ist die Sprache von Idioten - wollen Sie das wirklich sein ?? Erkläre Dich Bubi.  😁

Being called an idiot by you, I' II take as a compliment. 

End of discussion. 

• Like 2

I don't side with Alladino on a lot but, I do here. It is sad that Germany has such a hating person such as you. You should be on the side of China with lies and deceit that you believe.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TBG 150 said:

I don't side with Alladino on a lot but, I do here. It is sad that Germany has such a hating person such as you. You should be on the side of China with lies and deceit that you believe.

...and Cuba 😏

• Like 1

Well seems like we are getting the haters here on a decent thread. I know how to fix that. 😉

New numbers for the EU and USA, just plain scary now as they really add up with all the testing being done.

EU total cases of infection = 546,912 Deaths =42,443 death rate to reported infections = 7.76% Recovered = 90,913 = 16.62%

USA total cases of infection = 273,469 Deaths = 7,064 death rate to reported infections = 2.58% Recovered = 12,044 = 4.41%

6 minutes ago, Thestarider said:

Well seems like we are getting the haters here on a decent thread. I know how to fix that. 😉

New numbers for the EU and USA, just plain scary now as they really add up with all the testing being done.

EU total cases of infection = 546,912 Deaths =42,443 death rate to reported infections = 7.76% Recovered = 90,913 = 16.62%

USA total cases of infection = 273,469 Deaths = 7,064 death rate to reported infections = 2.58% Recovered = 12,044 = 4.41%

After what that orange faced fuck did to Canada today...public opinion of the US in this crisis could not be any lower.  People don't care how bad it is in the US now.  They did yesterday though. :undecided:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, maxfactor said:

After what that orange faced fuck did to Canada today...public opinion of the US in this crisis could not be any lower.  People don't care how bad it is in the US now.  They did yesterday though. :undecided:

I guess I must have missed something, what happened with Canada ? I am in a essential business so I have work everyday.

1 minute ago, Thestarider said:

I guess I must have missed something, what happened with Canada ? I am in a essential business so I have work everyday.

He invoked the Defense protection Act.  Any American company shipping N95 masks to any country other than the US, their CEO will go to jail.  In this case 3M, which makes the N95 in many places around to world, including North Dakota, Singapore and China is being forced to stop supplying Canada by Trump.  The North dakota plant supplies Canada.

Starlight 28: You haven't mentioned that Germany invented Socialized Medicine. In the 1930's.

Canada and the EU: You are welcome to have Putin or Xi provide for your national defense, and have them provide charity and supplies every time there is a disaster. Nothing requires you to do business with the United States.

And yes, this thread has now become a useless political blame blog when it should be more of a discussion about medical and biological science.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

MMM News: President Trump Invokes Defense Protection Act Against 3M

Invoking the Defense Protection Act against 3M allows President Trump to secure supplies from the company during a time of crisis. The crisis is the coronavirus from China and Trump wants the N-95 face masks made by the company. 

This order will allow the Secretary of Homeland Security to acquire as many of the face masks as required from 3M and its subsidiaries with the help of the Administrator of the Federal Emergency Management Agency.

The order from President Trump comes as 3M continues to sell face maks made in the U.S. to other countries. That includes Canada and Latin America. An MMM news release notes that halting sales to other countries could cause them to stop exporting face masks and other supplies to America.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/04/03/826629472/slammed-by-trump-3m-says-n95-mask-exports-from-u-s-should-continue

But the company has been criticized for how those respirators are being distributed — and with the U.S. now reporting more coronavirus cases than any other country, the thinking goes that U.S. companies should service the domestic market, and most importantly the national health care system, first. Billionaire Mark Cuban was among the first to sharply criticize the company, launching an attack in late March that apparently got the attention of government officials. 3M lists all its distributors online, the ones buying and selling these things, and these distributors are making as much money as they possibly can," Cuban said in a Bloomberg News interview. "It's wrong, it's criminal."The director of Florida's Division of Emergency Management echoed Cuban's tone as he attacked 3M this week, saying the company was profiteering while hiding behind a network of distributors and brokers."I'm your new Troll," Jared Moskowitz said in a tweet directed at 3M. He added, "Please send us N95 masks directly to our hospitals, first responders and the state. How many brokers and distributors do we have to negotiate with only to find empty warehouses?" finding respirators, Moskowitz said, is like chasing ghosts.

Hi @3M. I’m your new Troll. I’m the Director of Emergency Management for the State of Florida @FLSERT. Please send us N95 masks directly to our hospitals, first responders and the state. How many brokers and distributors do we have to negotiate with only to find empty warehouses? https://twitter.com/3m/status/1241070785579679744 

Last month, Trump tasked Rear Adm. John Polowczyk with streamlining the supply chain for personal protective equipment and reducing shortages in a critical area of the COVID-19 fight. As the administration announced the new Defense Production Act orders Thursday, the admiral was asked about scenarios in which some governors, such as New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, compared the current market for N95 masks and other gear to a bidding war on eBay. "I am now seeing truth about what's in the supply chain," Polowczyk said. "And I would say that there's been some abnormal behavior."