Discussion:2019 Novel Corona Virus (Covid19) and It's Political Ramifications #3

4 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

Just goes to show the heat is not going to drive this virus away. Until a vaccine is in place the world is stuck with what it delivers.to them.  It's going to be pure hell if a second wave hits.  

Will be even sadder if our reaction (isolating) to the first wave ends up being the cause of the second wave. If we isolate again we may just ensure that we have a third wave. :confused: 

3 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Will be even sadder if our reaction (isolating) to the first wave ends up being the cause of the second wave. If we isolate again we may just ensure that we have a third wave. :confused: 

As they have been saying from the beginning we don't control the virus, the virus controls us. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

As they have been saying from the beginning we don't control the virus, the virus controls us. 

Those government officials are the ones trying to control us.   -----IMO 

5 minutes ago, happyone said:

Those government officials are the ones trying to control us.   -----IMO 

They are now yes.  Trying to get the economies open and set everyone up for the death trap.

3 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

They are now yes.  Trying to get the economies open and set everyone up for the death trap.

I see government officials saying you can't leave your home, but I have yet to see a government official saying you must leave your home. If the economy reopens and you don't feel safe, then stay home just like you are doing right now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

I see government officials saying you can't leave your home, but I have yet to see a government official saying you must leave your home. If the economy reopens and you don't feel safe, then stay home just like you are doing right now.

Sure they have the option to stay at home but any Government Assistance they are currently collecting could evaporate leaving them no option but to return to work whether they feel good or not. The Government handouts are not going to be doled out forever. Every Dollar a citizen gets handed to them is classified as Taxable Income so they better save some of the money they receive as they'll likely be owing income taxes on their next return as opposed to receiving a refund. Then the next Generations down the road will be on the hook for the Trillions handed out in todays age.  Taxes and Interest Rates will rise leaving a lot of uncertainty for the next Generations.  I won't live to see it as I'll be having a permanent nap.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

Sure they have the option to stay at home but any Government Assistance they are currently collecting could evaporate leaving them no option but to return to work whether they feel good or not. The Government handouts are not going to be doled out forever. Every Dollar a citizen gets handed to them is classified as Taxable Income so they better save some of the money they receive as they'll likely be owing income taxes on their next return as opposed to receiving a refund. Then the next Generations down the road will be on the hook for the Trillions handed out in todays age.  Taxes and Interest Rates will rise leaving a lot of uncertainty for the next Generations.  I won't live to see it as I'll be having a permanent nap.

In the U.S. the $1200 payments to individuals are not taxable. If Democrats win this election taxes on everything will definitely increase which will cause the economy to go into an even deeper hole. But that is exactly what Democrats want so that they can take control of every aspect of people's lives in this country just like they have tried to do through the covid-19 emergency.

• Like 2

You Libs and Dems are psychotic. Have you been to the grocery store lately? A decent cut of meat is up $6.00/lb over last week. Why? The media wants you to think that the processing plants are closing due to a virus. They temperature check every employee showing up for work. Over 1 degree above normal and they send them home and classify them as C-19 positive. WTF is that all about? The governments of the world want total control and they are on their way to getting it, because you, the populous, are letting them.

A person dies of the flu, of cancer, of surgical complications, of old age and the list goes on and the doctors and hospitals are given a great sum of money to classify it as Covid-19. The sad truth is, you idiots fall for whatever the Lamestream media tells you, anywhere in the world. You refuse to believe anything else.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, TBG 150 said:

You Libs and Dems are psychotic. Have you been to the grocery store lately? A decent cut of meat is up $6.00/lb over last week. Why? The media wants you to think that the processing plants are closing due to a virus. They temperature check every employee showing up for work. Over 1 degree above normal and they send them home and classify them as C-19 positive. WTF is that all about? The governments of the world want total control and they are on their way to getting it, because you, the populous, are letting them.

A person dies of the flu, of cancer, of surgical complications, of old age and the list goes on and the doctors and hospitals are given a great sum of money to classify it as Covid-19. The sad truth is, you idiots fall for whatever the Lamestream media tells you, anywhere in the world. You refuse to believe anything else.

It really is sad to see grown adults cowering in their homes because of the fear tactics generated by some government leaders, so called elitist scientists and the media. Sure there is a pandemic, sure people are going to die (but mostly those at risk

and older people-of which I am one)--but to paralyze the world's economies, when IMO those at risk are the ones who should have been protected and the rest continue as normal.  Government leaders want more testing--ok fine--

healthy people are testing COVID positive--most shelter for 14 days then return to a normal life.  More people have contracted COVID than originally thought and more continue to test positive with little or no symtoms--so we over react when someone tests positive.  

Those that are running scared because Big Brother told you there is death around the corner if you do not do as we say--that is sad. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, happyone said:

It really is sad to see grown adults cowering in their homes because of the fear tactics generated by some government leaders, so called elitist scientists and the media. Sure there is a pandemic, sure people are going to die (but mostly those at risk

and older people-of which I am one)--but to paralyze the world's economies, when IMO those at risk are the ones who should have been protected and the rest continue as normal.  Government leaders want more testing--ok fine--

healthy people are testing COVID positive--most shelter for 14 days then return to a normal life.  More people have contracted COVID than originally thought and more continue to test positive with little or no symtoms--so we over react when someone tests positive.  

Those that are running scared because Big Brother told you there is death around the corner if you do not do as we say--that is sad. 

That is true...the elderly and those with underlying health conditions are the most likely to be most severely affected by the virus. But if the last few days in the UK are anything to go by after easing restrictions somewhat, we could be faced with a second wave. Social distancing among the 'apparently' healthy community was non existent in some tourist attractions because of the good weather over here. We don't know what percentage of these are asymptomatic carriers, including children, and are in the dark about transmission rate...😮

The UK have made numerous errors, imo, and lifting restrictions too early is another one...Yes, our death rate has gone down...but not enough. The government are relying too much on the 'common sense' of the English (I won't say UK public, coz the other countries are handling things differently) public...Big mistake...

The virus has accelerated the death of the vulnerable...and also too many non-vulnerable people have sadly lost there lives , in my eyes...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nagachilli2 said:

That is true...the elderly and those with underlying health conditions are the most likely to be most severely affected by the virus. But if the last few days in the UK are anything to go by after easing restrictions somewhat, we could be faced with a second wave. Social distancing among the 'apparently' healthy community was non existent in some tourist attractions because of the good weather over here. We don't know what percentage of these are asymptomatic carriers, including children, and are in the dark about transmission rate...😮

The UK have made numerous errors, imo, and lifting restrictions too early is another one...Yes, our death rate has gone down...but not enough. The government are relying too much on the 'common sense' of the English (I won't say UK public, coz the other countries are handling things differently) public...Big mistake...

The virus has accelerated the death of the vulnerable...and also too many non-vulnerable people have sadly lost there lives , in my eyes...

So isolate the elderly and the most vulnerable from the rest of the population rather than isolating everyone. Everyone going to stay isolated for the rest of their lives? There may never be a vaccine.

• Upvote 1