Discussion:2019 Novel Corona Virus (Covid19) and It's Political Ramifications #3

9 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

If we wait until a vaccine( 12 to 18 months) to reopen the economy we are severely fucked years into the future.  People don't seem to understand that.

In fact, no one has ever said that the economy should wait 12 to 18 months, everyone agrees rather that it is necessary to wait for the drop in the curve to possibly speak of deconfinement, but this one does can be implemented only if the health prerequisite for the entire population is effective
In France there is talk of setting it up in mid May, but I think it will only really be set up during the month of June

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, moos54 said:

yes it will be a strange transition period, in fact it will not necessarily protect from the virus but will surely avoid overloading hospitals, so there will be better care and everyone can be taken care of properly

The general view is masks don't stop you catching it, though I suppose they must have some help, but they are a greater help in stopping you spreading it if you should have it.

2 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

It will be interesting 3 years from now to see if the Swedish approach was the way to go or whether the approach followed by most of the world was the way to go. Only time will tell. I just hope the evaluations are objective, fair and unbiased.

Even if the whole population has not yet been tested, the ratio in Swedish is not very conclusive and I believe that they are starting to review their copy

1 minute ago, moos54 said:

Even if the whole population has not yet been tested, the ratio in Swedish is not very conclusive and I believe that they are starting to review their copy

Like I said, the real evaluation will take place three or more years from now. Both health consequences and economic consequences will need to be considered in those evaluations. 

4 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Like I said, the real evaluation will take place three or more years from now. Both health consequences and economic consequences will need to be considered in those evaluations. 

it's amazing to see the damage that this virus can do economically in just one or two months
Like what, everything fits with almost nothing

3 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

There are so many variables in every country it will be very difficult to arrive at a definitive answer.

3 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Per the Guardian, "China's cases possibly 4x official figure."   Anyone surprised?

Now you've lost your way completely...The guardian?  really?  That said, I believe it's more like 10 or 20x

3 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

That was Dr. Bright's side of the story. I think you need to dig a little deeper before coming to a final conclusion on this. There's a bit more to this dismissal.

Well I'd like to hear Mr Trumps side of the story...but that would be a bit tricky cos he;d never heard of him, apparently...😏
Pinocchio Tattoo. Keep Your Nose Out of It! [NSFW VIDEO]

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Per the Guardian, "China's cases possibly 4x official figure."   Anyone surprised?

no it's not surprising but it's like all the countries where freedom of expression is violated and controlled
The truth will surely come out one day but it is not today, besides I do not think it is the most important to know it
The goal is that we manage to get out of this with the least possible loss

• Like 1