Discussion:2019 Novel Corona Virus (Covid19) and It's Political Ramifications #3

10 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

I'm talking about now, not the past. And in the past almost all my comments about Trump were in response to attacks on him. I didn't originate the conversations. In the future on this thread I intend to be quiet about Trump. I hope everyone else will too.

Guilty is guilty. Whether it's now or in the past, you said what you said
and that doesn't go away just because you now decide not to talk about 
Trump. No one can wipe your slate clean for you. And, whether it was in
response to someone else or you initiated it makes not one lick of
difference whatsoever. You are solely responsible for your actions,
words and deeds, and they prevent you from pointing a finger at anyone
else for the same infractions. That's the very definition of being a hypocrite.

"In the future on this thread I intend to be quiet about Trump." We'll see
how that goes. Time will tell.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dave 27 said:

That's a bit of a strong statement to make yes/no.I assume you are joking?.I'm sure Ash and some of the other ladies on here will have an opinion on this.

This is the 21st century pal in case you haven't noticed.

Lol, I never joke on CC,  hadn't you noticed?. The CC forum is the most intelligent hub of the internet. You learn so much about the human form and behaviour. 🙄👍

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Robwin said:

Lol, I never joke on CC,  hadn't you noticed?. The CC forum is the most intelligent hub of the internet. You learn so much about the human form and behaviour. 🙄👍

You would make a good politician pal,no direct response to the actual subject matter.Neatly sidestepped👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

European Medicines Agency warns about chloroquine

The antimalarial chloroquine and one of its derivatives, promoted in particular by Donald Trump and by the controversial professor Didier Raoult as remedies for Covid-19, have serious side effects, warned, this afternoon, the European Agency for drugs (EMA).

The beneficial effects of choloroquine and hydroxychloroquine have "not yet been demonstrated," says EMA, based in Amsterdam (Netherlands). And to continue:

"Recent studies have reported serious, and in some cases fatal, heart rhythm problems with choloroquine and hydroxychloroquine, especially when taken in large doses or in combination with the antibiotic azithromycin".

These treatments are also likely to cause liver and kidney problems, damage nerve cells, which can cause seizures and hypoglycemia, the agency warns.

According to the EMA, the data from clinical studies of these treatments are "still very limited and inconclusive and the beneficial effects of these drugs on Covid-19 disease have not been demonstrated".

In France, Professor Didier Raoult, owner of a world-renowned medical treatment and research center in Marseille, promotes treatment of Covid-19 using the hydroxychloroquine-azithromycin combination. But his studies, showing, according to him, the effectiveness of this treatment, are very criticized within the medical profession because of their methodology.

In the United States, the results published Tuesday of the largest study to date, funded by the United States government, have shown no benefit of hydroxychloroquine against disease caused by the new coronavirus compared to standard treatment. On the contrary, it revealed an excess mortality with the use of hydroxychloroquine, alone or associated with azithromycin.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, moos54 said:

except that his expertise is completely distorted because he has no point of comparison, so in his study he is unable to say if it is this drug that works or if patients recover on their own by fighting the virus and for the moment the scientific community which makes tests on a larger scale than its own, gives conclusions which go rather against this drug

science is not magic, it is not enough to say that it works for this to be really the case, besides there are lots of other clinical trials that are currently being tested and that are promising

And the VA study was very questionable.

4 minutes ago, moos54 said:

European Medicines Agency warns about chloroquine

The antimalarial chloroquine and one of its derivatives, promoted in particular by Donald Trump and by the controversial professor Didier Raoult as remedies for Covid-19, have serious side effects, warned, this afternoon, the European Agency for drugs (EMA).

The beneficial effects of choloroquine and hydroxychloroquine have "not yet been demonstrated," says EMA, based in Amsterdam (Netherlands). And to continue:

"Recent studies have reported serious, and in some cases fatal, heart rhythm problems with choloroquine and hydroxychloroquine, especially when taken in large doses or in combination with the antibiotic azithromycin".

These treatments are also likely to cause liver and kidney problems, damage nerve cells, which can cause seizures and hypoglycemia, the agency warns.

According to the EMA, the data from clinical studies of these treatments are "still very limited and inconclusive and the beneficial effects of these drugs on Covid-19 disease have not been demonstrated".

In France, Professor Didier Raoult, owner of a world-renowned medical treatment and research center in Marseille, promotes treatment of Covid-19 using the hydroxychloroquine-azithromycin combination. But his studies, showing, according to him, the effectiveness of this treatment, are very criticized within the medical profession because of their methodology.

In the United States, the results published Tuesday of the largest study to date, funded by the United States government, have shown no benefit of hydroxychloroquine against disease caused by the new coronavirus compared to standard treatment. On the contrary, it revealed an excess mortality with the use of hydroxychloroquine, alone or associated with azithromycin.

The U.S. government VA study has also been "very criticized within the medical profession because of their methodology."

4 hours ago, letsdothis said:

You know, I don't get you. I believe you're just pretending to be as dumb
as a box of rocks because I don't believe anyone of your age could
possibly be as dumb as this post would seem to indicate. I certainly
hope my belief is correct.

This subject has been explained multiple times in this topic in extremely
simple terms that anyone could understand. Any model is only as accurate
as the data that is available to it at that moment in time. They're not grossly
inaccurate or wrong or unreliable. They are only as reliable as the current
data allows them to be.

And how could they be anything else? They're based entirely on the currently
available data because no one can predict the future. No one has a magic
crystal ball that will give them exact, 100%, perfectly accurate data. No one
can predict the future; certainly no one in this topic and not even the experts
like Dr. Fauci, although he is certainly more knowledgeable than we are.

And then, you had to go and spin my words, manipulate what I said, put
words in my mouth and even quote dubious facts not in evidence. I never
said these models were reliable. I've only ever said they were as accurate
as the currently available data allowed them to be. And that will always be
true. The hope is, each successive model will become more accurate,
more reliable as the virus evolves, as the data evolves.

Then you said, "the actual number is only somewhere between 50-60
thousand.
" Where is that data coming from? We're only a hair's breadth,
about one day, away from 50,000 deaths in this country. We're averaging
between 2,000-2,500 new deaths every day. That's approximately 10,000
new deaths every 4-5 days. And we haven't even reached the peak of the
devastation this virus is going to heap on us.

Can you give me a link to something that proves those numbers for the US?

If they don't have the ability to accurately predict, why do they try?   Government policy was based upon those unrealistic predictions.

4 hours ago, letsdothis said:

Guilty is guilty. Whether it's now or in the past, you said what you said
and that doesn't go away just because you now decide not to talk about 
Trump. No one can wipe your slate clean for you. And, whether it was in
response to someone else or you initiated it makes not one lick of
difference whatsoever. You are solely responsible for your actions,
words and deeds, and they prevent you from pointing a finger at anyone
else for the same infractions. That's the very definition of being a hypocrite.

"In the future on this thread I intend to be quiet about Trump." We'll see
how that goes. Time will tell.

I totally accept responsibility for my actions. At least I am not a phony like you. You are a leftist advocate who claims to be politically neutral. You remind me of "news reporters" in the U.S. mainstream media. 

Top vaccine expert, Dr Rick Bright, has been dismissed from his position because he had the audacity to challenge Trump over the use of these drugs. based on what has already been mentioned here, such as lack of enough evidence and serious side effects. He had major reservations about it ...Needless to say, Trump said he'd never heard of Dr Bright...Yeh, right...😏

What an absolute muppet this guy is!...He makes our Boris look like Winston Churchill...🥴

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, nagachilli2 said:

Top vaccine expert, Dr Rick Bright, has been dismissed from his position because he had the audacity to challenge Trump over the use of these drugs. based on what has already been mentioned here, such as lack of enough evidence and serious side effects. He had major reservations about it ...Needless to say, Trump said he'd never heard of Dr Bright...Yeh, right...😏

What an absolute muppet this guy is!...He makes our Boris look like Winston Churchill...🥴

I thought we weren't suppose to talk politics here.