Discussion:2019 Novel Corona Virus (Covid19) and It's Political Ramifications #3

2 hours ago, letsdothis said:

I recall you had one when you claimed the death toll would only be
50,000-60,000.

Another one of your many lies.  Show me where I claimed that the death toll would only be 50,000-60,000.  I was hoping for a figure much lower than that. Only Democrats and the news media are hoping for people to die, thinking that it will help them to defeat Trump and the Republicans in November. 

9 minutes ago, StarLight28 said:

We want to differentiate. Concentrated on a few locations, you can actually find top medicine in the USA. However, the supply is unreasonably poor across the board. This is due to two things. On the one hand, far too many people are not covered by health insurance and cannot afford medical treatment, and on the other hand there is also "profit maximization" in the medical field without social components - ie "predator capitalism". 😁

Incidentally, US medicine in distant America, the land of unfulfilled dreams, has long been overestimated. In the meantime there is probably no treatment that could also be done in Germany. Statesmen from all countries (including countries that are not so friendly) can now be treated and operated on incognito in Germany. There's a reason for that.

9 minutes ago, StarLight28 said:

We want to differentiate. Concentrated on a few locations, you can actually find top medicine in the USA. However, the supply is unreasonably poor across the board. This is due to two things. On the one hand, far too many people are not covered by health insurance and cannot afford medical treatment, and on the other hand there is also "profit maximization" in the medical field without social components - ie "predator capitalism". 😁

Incidentally, US medicine in distant America, the land of unfulfilled dreams, has long been overestimated. In the meantime there is probably no treatment that could also be done in Germany. Statesmen from all countries (including countries that are not so friendly) can now be treated and operated on incognito in Germany. There's a reason for that.

You just demonstrated that you know absolutely nothing about the U.S. healthcare system. People who do not have health insurance and cannot afford to pay for medical treatment are covered by Medicaid.  No one who goes to an American hospital is refused treatment, that includes illegal aliens.  One of the major reasons hospitals charge high fees to insurance companies and individuals who pay for medical services is so that they can treat people who are unable to pay. Elderly people like myself are covered by Medicare. 

10 hours ago, jjkopite said:

And that Governments worldwide make sure they fund their medical services adequately and have a decent supply of PPE!

At the same time that China and WHO were saying that coronavirus could not be transferred from human to human China was buying and stockpiling PPE supplies.

1 hour ago, Ridgerunner said:

You just demonstrated that you know absolutely nothing about the U.S. healthcare system. People who do not have health insurance and cannot afford to pay for medical treatment are covered by Medicaid.  No one who goes to an American hospital is refused treatment, that includes illegal aliens.  One of the major reasons hospitals charge high fees to insurance companies and individuals who pay for medical services is so that they can treat people who are unable to pay. Elderly people like myself are covered by Medicare. 

Well I don't quite understand the American system I must admit, why have insurance if you get treated anyway? What is the advantage to having health insurance, there must be one. Only asking.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

Please don't cry, sorry I hurt your little feelings. You couldn't find the article because it doesn't exist. You were wrong.  I would never paint you as being perfect and confirm your opinion of yourself.

For a man in his mid-70s, you are unbelievably juvenile.

2 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

Another one of your many lies.  Show me where I claimed that the death toll would only be 50,000-60,000.  I was hoping for a figure much lower than that. Only Democrats and the news media are hoping for people to die, thinking that it will help them to defeat Trump and the Republicans in November. 

There you go again. No one hopes anyone will die from this virus, not even
to get trump out of office. I do believe that 10s of thousands more people
died than should have.

But, this is what you said on 4/25. And, when you made this statement, the
death toll was just under 50,000.

https://camcaps.net/forums/topic/16119-discussion2019-novel-corona-virus-covid19-and-its-political-ramifications-3/?do=findComment&comment=1635860175

5 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

You are a pseudo intellectual phony.  Who are trying to impress? People who know nothing about mathematics? You take what is a simple calculation and make it into a major endeavor. But it doesn't matter anyway, because that calculation has no connection to reality. Since the death rate is on a steady decline, an average of past deaths/day has no relevance for future projections. 

Well, you got one thing right, it was a simple calculation. I gave it
exactly one sentence in my post. Certainly no major endeavor. You
claimed, however, I was playing a numbers game, so I explained to
you what a simple extrapolation is.

But, this statement:

"Since the death rate is on a steady decline, an average of past deaths/day has no relevance for future projections."

Shows it must not be so simple for you. Your statement is what is
irrelevant. It makes no difference if the numbers are increasing or
decreasing. You take whatever data is available for any given time
frame and extend them, via a simple calculation, to a longer time
frame.

And what about the possibility of a second wave, now that the
country is opening back up again? And what about this fall and
winter, if the virus comes back again? The numbers won't be
decreasing in those situations.