Discussion:2019 Novel Corona Virus (Covid19) and It's Political Ramifications #3

3 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

I blew up your phony calculations and you try to construe that as me not caring about people dying? Everyone on here knows that I meant your calculations had no basis in reality, not that the deaths were not real.   What a slimy weasel you are.

You can't extricate one from the other. The reality is, those deaths are
real and the calculation is based on that number of deaths. One and
the same.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robwin said:

What is the advantage to having health insurance

How about two? To add another layer of cost to the patient. Probably
the biggest reason is this.

"According to a recent analysis from Modern Healthcare, just the nation's
seven largest publicly traded health insurers saw revenues of $913 billion
in 2019.
Feb 24, 2020"

6 hours ago, EyesOnly said:

Anytime care is provided, a bill is generated for which payment is due. The insurance is to cover the payment.

Sie schreiben vom System in den USA ? Die Aussage ist leider sehr pauschal und ungenau. Ist auch mehr Präzision möglich ??

4 hours ago, letsdothis said:

How about two? To add another layer of cost to the patient. Probably
the biggest reason is this.

"According to a recent analysis from Modern Healthcare, just the nation's
seven largest publicly traded health insurers saw revenues of $913 billion
in 2019.
Feb 24, 2020"

Not answered my question, if you get treated if you haven't got insurance then why have it in the first place? There must be some advantage in having insurance?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

Because you are a pompous asshole and he is not.

So eine diffamierende Aussage sind wir hier von Dir gewohnt. Habe den Mut Dich zu entschuldigen ! "Alter schützt vor Torheit nicht", sagt man in Deutschland. Ich habe durchaus Achtung für Deine Lebensgeschichte als Veteran des widerlichen US-Vietnam-Krieges bei dem Du gegen Malaria vorsorglich Drogen nehmen mußtest - mit Nebenwirkungen und Spätfolgen mit denen Du gesundheitlich bis heute kämpfen mußt, wie wir alle täglich erkennen. Du bist mittellos, wirst von Medicaid versorgt und kannst Dir nicht einmal $ 20 für eine Premium-Mitgliedschaft leisten.

Auch die CC-Moderatoren haben offenbar hohes Mitleid mit Dir, weil Sie wohl sehen das Du tot bist wenn Du nicht jeden Tag hier im Forum Gift und Galle verspritzen kannst.

Ein Zitat von meinem verstorbenen Vater: "Aus einen verkniffenen Arsch kommt kein fröhlicher Furz". Ein Witz.

Zu Deinem Vortrag über MEDICAIR und MAIDICAID anbei einige Texte zur Erläuterung.

Alte, chronisch Kranke und Behinderte haben einen gewissen medizinischen Schutz, richtig. Aber die Mehrheiit der Menschen ohne Krankenversicherung sind unter 60 Jahre nicht behindert, unverdient arbeitslos und kämpfen um die tägliche Existenz - davon viele Schwarze und Indianer. Die fallen alle aus dem Raster heraus und sind medizinisch unterversorgt. Lesen bildet !

Im übrigen wurde MEDICAIR von dem demokratischen Präsidenten Lyndon B. Johnson 1965 installiert, wie Du selber lesen kannst. Ein Republikaner wäre dazu unfähig gewesen.

Bild_2020_05_25_15_05_36_640.png

Bild_2020_05_25_15_06_56_702.png

Bild_2020_05_25_15_10_10_186.png

Bild_2020_05_25_15_18_59_235.png

Bild_2020_05_25_15_19_33_838.png

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, StarLight28 said:

Sie schreiben vom System in den USA ? Die Aussage ist leider sehr pauschal und ungenau. Ist auch mehr Präzision möglich ??

That is simple, and precise.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, letsdothis said:

Well, you got one thing right, it was a simple calculation. I gave it
exactly one sentence in my post. Certainly no major endeavor. You
claimed, however, I was playing a numbers game, so I explained to
you what a simple extrapolation is.

But, this statement:

"Since the death rate is on a steady decline, an average of past deaths/day has no relevance for future projections."

Shows it must not be so simple for you. Your statement is what is
irrelevant. It makes no difference if the numbers are increasing or
decreasing. You take whatever data is available for any given time
frame and extend them, via a simple calculation, to a longer time
frame.

And what about the possibility of a second wave, now that the
country is opening back up again? And what about this fall and
winter, if the virus comes back again? The numbers won't be
decreasing in those situations.

Bite your tongue !!! 😆

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Robwin said:

Not answered my question, if you get treated if you haven't got insurance then why have it in the first place? There must be some advantage in having insurance?

Since no one seems to provide an answer--I will try

The statement that everyone gets treated in the USA is partially correct.  If a person goes to an emergency room--they must be treated.  However, anytime there is medical services provided to a person, payment is due.

For those who do not have insurance, any treatment must be paid for----However, the amount due can be negotiated and payment terms negotiated.  If a person does not have insurance (private or government) and the medical treatment is not an emergency, that person must provide proof that they can pay for the services or they do not get treatment in most cases. So therein lies the advantage to having medical insurance as most treatments in the USA are ridiculously expensive--even a doctor visit.  

There are state programs linked to the Federal government that assist people, based on family size and income to pay for insurance, so that they do not have to pay all of the premiums, making it more affordable, but still not everyone can afford even the reduced premiums.  Some plans may be affordable, but the co-payment due at the time of care can be very high. 

For those who have insurance or Medicare--they may or may not have to pay a co-payment--the provider (insurance co-private or government) pays the balance. Medicad is available for those who qualify for total assistance, however,

I do not know if they must pay for any medical services---Medicad does, after the person dies, attaches whatever assets are left to pay any accumulated unpaid balance to Medicad.  

That covers immediate medical care---Long term care is quite another problem as it is very expensive.  Long term care insurance is available, but because of the possible costs to the insurer, a person must almost be in perfect health to even

qualify for private long term care---but if they work in a government position, such insurance is available--but you have to pay for it. 

Hope I answered at least your immediate question, and maybe shed some light into the USA system. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, happyone said:

Since no one seems to provide an answer--I will try

The statement that everyone gets treated in the USA is partially correct.  If a person goes to an emergency room--they must be treated.  However, anytime there is medical services provided to a person, payment is due.

For those who do not have insurance, any treatment must be paid for----However, the amount due can be negotiated and payment terms negotiated.  If a person does not have insurance (private or government) and the medical treatment is not an emergency,

that person must provide proof that they can pay for the services or they do not get treatment in most cases. So therein lies the advantage to having medical insurance as most treatments in the USA are ridiculously expensive--even a doctor visit.  

There are state programs linked to the Federal government that assist people, based on family size and income to pay for insurance, so that they do not have to pay all of the premiums, making it more affordable, but still not everyone can afford even the

reduced premiums.  Some plans may be affordable, but the co-payment due at the time of care can be very high. 

For those who have insurance or Medicare--they may or may not have to pay a co-payment--the provider (insurance co-private or government) pays the balance. Medicad is available for those who qualify for total assistance, however,

I do not know if they must pay for any medical services---Medicad does, after the person dies, attaches whatever assets are left to pay any accumulated unpaid balance to Medicad.  

That covers immediate medical care---Long term care is quite another problem as it is very expensive.  Long term care insurance is available, but because of the possible costs to the insurer, a person must almost be in perfect health to even

qualify for private long term care---but if they work in a government position, such insurance is available--but you have to pay for it. 

Hope I answered at least your immediate question, and maybe shed some light into the USA system. 

I have long term care through my employer which is self insured, it does cost the employee and is an elected option. My cost of long term is 5.26 a paycheck. (136.76) annually. My employer will pay 100% of my salary for the first year that I am out on long term care and then they will pay 80% of salary until retirement or death whichever should come first. My health insurance would stay in force for my family. I also receive a death benefit of 3 times my annual salary as a benefit from the company when they quit the pension program and went to a 401K plan.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Thestarider said:

I have long term care through my employer which is self insured, it does cost the employee and is an elected option. My cost of long term is 5.26 a paycheck. (136.76) annually. My employer will pay 100% of my salary for the first year that I am out on long term care and then they will pay 80% of salary until retirement or death whichever should come first. My health insurance would stay in force for my family. I also receive a death benefit of 3 times my annual salary as a benefit from the company when they quit the pension program. yes it is separate

Unless, I misunderstood, It seems that your long term care is for salary continuation.  Also isn't your death benefit separate from any long term care???  I was specifically talking about long term heath care insurance.  I forgot to mention also, that long term health premiums are also based on the daily amount, and/or the total amount that could be paid out on behalf of the person insured.  There are usually several plans that you can choose from-based on what you want to pay and the coverage desired. 

Thanks guys for your views, I could say I wish I had never fucking asked now 🤣 as I am probably more confused lol but yes, I get the main drift. Just to summarise if you do get free care for any reason sooner or later it does have to be repaid for either in death benefits or ones estate. Phew, think I will have a couple of pints now 😁👍

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Thanks guys for your views, I could say I wish I had never fucking asked now 🤣 as I am probably more confused lol but yes, I get the main drift. Just to summarise if you do get free care for any reason sooner or later it does have to be repaid for either in death benefits or ones estate. Phew, think I will have a couple of pints now 😁👍

Man that is how I feel all the time HAHAHA Except I quit drinking ale and drink good bourbon now .

• Haha 3