Forum Software Issues

StnCld316

2 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

The theme has always been set that way ever since we began using this software.  It's nothing new.

Perhaps that is not so new for you as the Admin of this Forum, for me it's new actually that's first time i which see it,in my opinion it seems as weak point in the other theme default and on the software update.and i don't know if you think the same but the best solution to this problem is to install the software on one main theme.

16 hours ago, one cent said:

Perhaps that is not so new for you as the Admin of this Forum, for me it's new actually that's first time i which see it,in my opinion it seems as weak point in the other theme default and on the software update.and i don't know if you think the same but the best solution to this problem is to install the software on one main theme.

I am not the person who wrote the Software. Maybe if you take it up with the Software Developer maybe they could implement what you want in a future update.

6 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

I am not the person who wrote the Software. Maybe if you take it up with the Software Developer maybe they could implement what you want in a future update.

if that is the name of the Developer for this software i'm on his page currently.

spacer.png

On 9/15/2020 at 7:04 PM, letsdothis said:

Harley, I'm not sure if this will do what you want, but it's worth a look.

1. Click your userid in the top right corner of any page
  2. Click Account Settings
  3. Click Content View Behavior

I hope that will help.

Hello Let's, I've been to account settings as I have tried to get my chimes back and of course they are still not working lol...oh well.

What I would like to see from the forum is when you login to the forum and go to a thread, is that all the topics that have anything new posted to them would be at the top of the page.  Let's take the B1 thread for example, currently there are 5 topics that are always pinned to the top of that thread; B1 Pictures, B1 Videos, B1 Past to present, Attention all Members, & Rules.

What I would like to see are those 5 topics unpinned and floating on the page wherever they may float, and then when anyone makes a post in a topic...let's say Irma, it automatically jumps to the top of the page.  If someone else makes a post in a different topic...let's say Gina, then it automatically jumps to the top of the page and topic Irma is bumped down by one spot.  That way anytime anyone logins into the forum anything current will always be at the top of the page.

Out of the 5 topics that are pinned there now only 2 of them that should be in that thread and those 2 are the Pics and Videos topics.  The other 3 topics, B1 Past to Present--Attention all Members & Rules should be somewhere else. I like the Past to Present, Complete List of Tenants topic but it should be under a thread titled RLC - Past to Present, Complete List of Tenants...and then when any of the apartment threads Past to Present, Complete List of Tenants topics get updated, the updated apartment list would jump to the top of that thread and so on.

If the Admin or mods need to communicate to the forum a change in the Rules or to the Attention to All Members topics, they simply make it where the next time a member log's in he/she is greeted with a pop up window that makes every member read the updates before proceeding.

That being said, I don't know the limitations of the software suite they are using for this forum and I might be barking up the wrong tree!!

Anyway, it's just something this old fart would like to see.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2