Forum Software Issues

StnCld316

Is there a way to make the most recent topic that was posted in, always move to the top of the thread?  Right now it seems that the Pictures & Video topics are stagnant and always stay at the top of the thread.  Can this be changed to where the current posts always show up in topics at the top of the page?  I don't know if what I'm asking for is very clear so here is another way to look at what I'm trying to say....

...Let's say a forum member clears all the topics in any particular apartment thread.  The next time the member logs in to the forum and goes back to that apartment thread, there are four topics that have new posts in them but instead of them starting at the top of the thread by priority, they are scattered about.  I hope this makes sense!

Hello Moderators,I just wonder what happened to the "Choose language" button,can´t find it anywhere.It was very useful for all of us that only understand english,and I´m

certain that we are many here at the forum.Sometimes they write in their own language then I could use it so I could read the post.Hope you put it back,need it,thank you.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, masterchef56 said:

Hello Moderators,I just wonder what happened to the "Choose language" button,can´t find it anywhere.It was very useful for all of us that only understand english,and I´m

certain that we are many here at the forum.Sometimes they write in their own language then I could use it so I could read the post.Hope you put it back,need it,thank you.

sorry i'm not a Moderator. but the thing which you wonder about it, is become down of the page, and there are two options of languages, only English as the default language and the other is the French language.

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Robwin said:

@StnCld316 Still don't have the anonymous option showing on login and my name is still showing on the online users list as being greyed out.

Greyed out means anonymous only you and and Mods or Admins will be able to see this. 

I have sent Admin a list of things that need to be looked after and the Anonymous thing was on the list. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

Greyed out means anonymous only you and and Mods or Admins will be able to see this. 

I have sent Admin a list of things that need to be looked after and the Anonymous thing was on the list. 

Yeah am quite happy with that but the anonymous is not there as an option when you log in so am unable to use it either way. Thanks again, you must be getting pissed off with all these query's lol

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Yeah am quite happy with that but the anonymous is not there as an option when you log in so am unable to use it either way. Thanks again, you must be getting pissed off with all these query's lol

Does not bother me as I just report what's going on to Admin to get things fixed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, masterchef56 said:

The easiest way i have found is if you have Google translate installed in your browser all you have to do is to highlight the foreign language text and a pop up window will show the text translated in whatever language you need.

3 hours ago, masterchef56 said:

At the bottom of the page you will see an item named Theme.  Change the Theme from IPS Default to Default. Once that is changed the Google Translate for Languages will appear just above.

• Thanks 3

9 hours ago, HarleyFatboy said:

...Let's say a forum member clears all the topics in any particular apartment thread.  The next time the member logs in to the forum and goes back to that apartment thread, there are four topics that have new posts in them but instead of them starting at the top of the thread by priority, they are scattered about.  I hope this makes sense!

Harley, I'm not sure if this will do what you want, but it's worth a look.

1. Click your userid in the top right corner of any page
  2. Click Account Settings
  3. Click Content View Behavior

I hope that will help.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Robwin said:

Most of us our i imagine apart from the rich fuckers who think Apple is the best thing since sliced bread :biggrin: I'm still on a 3yr old Samsung J5 still seems to work ok. Am still trying to think of a valid reason to upgrade now but not gonna pay silly bloody money.

My phone is over 4 years old and works just fine. I have better things to spend my money on. My company pays for it, but I hate learning a new phone. I can operate this one in the dark with just a quick look.

the question is continuous. where is going the box of settings on top of right corner when you clicking on the other theme of default? is there anyone can helps me to understand that.it's not A complex mathematical issue in fact it's gap hole of software update.🤓

spacer.png

spacer.png

1 hour ago, one cent said:

the question is continuous. where is going the box of settings on top of right corner when you clicking on the other theme of default? is there anyone can helps me to understand that.it's not A complex mathematical issue in fact it's gap hole of software update.🤓

spacer.png

spacer.png

The theme has always been set that way ever since we began using this software.  It's nothing new.