Forum Software Issues

StnCld316

36 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

OK I have good news.  The new Forum Software is no longer in a Beta Stage and is available for use.   I will notify Admin of this and he can install it when it's convenient to do so.

Like now for fucks sake :biggrin:

How about if he puts a notice up that remains for the members when he attempts the transfer. That way everyone will know what is happening when they log in and can't get on. Make it look like a Error 404 message or something like that. It may take an hour or 10 hours. But at least people will know. Not everyone lives on this board, except the political shit disturbers and the Leora Lovers.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, TBG 150 said:

How about if he puts a notice up that remains for the members when he attempts the transfer. That way everyone will know what is happening when they log in and can't get on. Make it look like a Error 404 message or something like that. It may take an hour or 10 hours. But at least people will know. Not everyone lives on this board, except the political shit disturbers and the Leora Lovers.

If the Forum has some downtime there is a page that shows that an update is in progress.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Dave 27 said:

Hi Rob,will you explain in numpty language what these changes will be.👍

Well to explain to you in the queens english.......................Fuck knows :huh:

They are promising new features etc, what they will be no one knows yet but one thing that does need fixing is the PM section as more often than not you are unable to send any PM as you can't fill in a bloody message. 

No doubt all will become clear very soon, well hopefully this year :biggrin:

• Haha 3

On 8/19/2020 at 5:38 AM, StnCld316 said:

If the Forum has some downtime there is a page that shows that an update is in progress.

Any further update as to when this mythical software update which you say is now out of beta will emerge from the dungeons of CC and be installed?

Or is admin socially distancing himself from it :biggrin:

2 hours ago, Robwin said:

Any further update as to when this mythical software update which you say is now out of beta will emerge from the dungeons of CC and be installed?

Or is admin socially distancing himself from it :biggrin:

Admin is aware of it.  Whenever he chooses to install it is totally up to him. There are certain things that have to be done before an installation can take place such as backups and making sure your plugins are updated to a compatible version to work with the software. Then finding a time to do the install when there is the least amount of traffic.

57 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

Admin is aware of it.  Whenever he chooses to install it is totally up to him. There are certain things that have to be done before an installation can take place such as backups and making sure your plugins are updated to a compatible version to work with the software. Then finding a time to do the install when there is the least amount of traffic.

I think now would be a good time!

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, HarleyFatboy said:

I think now would be a good time!

My thinking is when it gets installed it would be done on a weekend. Admin works throughout the week and puts in some long hour days.  

It will get installed at some point.  When I am on tomorrow I'll try and find out more about it.

• Thanks 2

Forum Software Update:   

The current Forum Software has an Auto Updater. When the New Software becomes available it will appear in the Auto Updater Feature of the Forum Software. Once it appears in the Auto Updater Admin will install it. 

5 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

Forum Software Update:   

The current Forum Software has an Auto Updater. When the New Software becomes available it will appear in the Auto Updater Feature of the Forum Software. Once it appears in the Auto Updater Admin will install it. 

Will await with intrepidation ::)

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1