Nina & Kira (2020) Part #6

2 hours ago, disneykid said:

Did they find what they were looking for,?

2 hours ago, freitag58 said:

yes, in a cardboard box with 777 different things. Kira found it after a long search

I got curious about this and checked the replay.  Oh my god they were turning the entire place upside-down for HOURS, every nook and cranny in every room was searched, nearly no stone unturned, and it seemed like it got a little contentious between them at some points.  I think I noticed that Nina even called Lex up (as they were both on the phone at the same time), probably asking if he could search for whatever precious treasure she was missing.  And then it seemed Nina just gave up, totally bummed.  But after dinner, Kira, NEVER one to give up, resumed the search, and finally, EUREKA!  

I finally found the magic moment.  For those interested, the discovery occurs in the bedroom at 2105.  But I took a few snaps - I hope they show up in order.  

Discovery:  

discovery.thumb.JPG.4fded5c9a478d55868e410e7c474c53f.JPG

JOY!:  

joy.thumb.JPG.754612f2cad1ac0519b1d453f38042ef.JPG

Relief! 

relief.thumb.JPG.a91a63789063b659fcea2b25ebf0203c.JPG

A well-deserved big thank you from Nina!!  (she was basically happy-crying)

thankyou.thumb.JPG.6daae1c6633c0f53708032c16d83256d.JPG

The thing I don't get is that the box contained just random stuff - a bunch of charger cables?  A bunch of cat stuff - toys, brushes, and a bunch of weird yellow squares?  Like @freitag58 said, 777 different things.  I wonder why it caused such panic?  

Lesson learned - always mark each and every box of the general contents inside when packing!  Or, another tactic - get rid of so much SHTUFF so you don't have so much SHTUFF to search for something missing.  But, at least harmony has returned at NinaKiraVille.  🥰 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, sturmchaser said:

I got curious about this and checked the replay.  Oh my god they were turning the entire place upside-down for HOURS, every nook and cranny in every room was searched, nearly no stone unturned, and it seemed like it got a little contentious between them at some points.  I think I noticed that Nina even called Lex up (as they were both on the phone at the same time), probably asking if he could search for whatever precious treasure she was missing.  And then it seemed Nina just gave up, totally bummed.  But after dinner, Kira, NEVER one to give up, resumed the search, and finally, EUREKA!  

I finally found the magic moment.  For those interested, the discovery occurs in the bedroom at 2105.  But I took a few snaps - I hope they show up in order.  

Discovery:  

discovery.thumb.JPG.4fded5c9a478d55868e410e7c474c53f.JPG

JOY!:  

joy.thumb.JPG.754612f2cad1ac0519b1d453f38042ef.JPG

Relief! 

relief.thumb.JPG.a91a63789063b659fcea2b25ebf0203c.JPG

A well-deserved big thank you from Nina!!  (she was basically happy-crying)

thankyou.thumb.JPG.6daae1c6633c0f53708032c16d83256d.JPG

The thing I don't get is that the box contained just random stuff - a bunch of charger cables?  A bunch of cat stuff - toys, brushes, and a bunch of weird yellow squares?  Like @freitag58 said, 777 different things.  I wonder why it caused such panic?  

Lesson learned - always mark each and every box of the general contents inside when packing!  Or, another tactic - get rid of so much SHTUFF so you don't have so much SHTUFF to search for something missing.  But, at least harmony has returned at NinaKiraVille.  🥰 

the yellow "squares" are surprise eggs. A chocolate egg with a toy inside. banned in the United States

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, freitag58 said:

the yellow "squares" are surprise eggs. A chocolate egg with a toy inside. banned in the United States

Interesting.  I suppose it's concerning, much like hiding dyed Easter eggs and forgetting where you hid a couple of them, until you can find them quite easily a few weeks later.  🤢  

2 hours ago, sturmchaser said:

It looks to me that they were looking for cat supplies, particularly the slicker brush.  

I get the same way when I can't find something.  Maybe a little OCD.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hs6127 said:

It looks to me that they were looking for cat supplies, particularly the slicker brush.  

I get the same way when I can't find something.  Maybe a little OCD.

Understood.  Nina immediately starting brushing Sundance once she found the Furminator, and got quite a bit of hair.  Plus the bag of toys sprinkled all over him.  

I get it now.  Nina was totally concerned about Butch and Sundance the whole time.  Beautiful.  

A little OCD isn't a bad thing.  I inherited a lot of it from my mother and father.  A place for everything, and everything in its place is how I was raised.  Carries through to this day, to some extent.  24 oz hammertooth framing hammer?  Barn, pegboard, left side, below the hacksaw.  If it's not there, well... then I get concerned.  It happened once, after a beer or two.  Was building an addition onto the barn to cover the Razor, and left the hammer out.  Won't make that mistake again.  

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, freitag58 said:

These eggs are very popular in Germany too. Some of the toy figures in them can be of great value because they are very rare...

And if course the chocolate tastes really good. I wonder why they are banned in the US? All kids AND adults here totally love them. You can buy them in every supermarket here. 

10 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

These eggs are very popular in Germany too. Some of the toy figures in them can be of great value because they are very rare...

And if course the chocolate tastes really good. I wonder why they are banned in the US? All kids AND adults here totally love them. You can buy them in every supermarket here. 

Very popular in the UK too.

Ironic really they are banned in the USA but you can buy guns like sweets :biggrin:

• Like 2

In the litigious granny state society here in the US there is worry that kid will choke on the toys.  One can get them in Mexico or Canada, where people must have more common sense.

From Wikipedia:

Kinder Surprise eggs are legal in Canada and Mexico, but are illegal to import into the US. In January 2011, the US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) threatened a Manitoba resident with a 300 Canadian dollar fine for carrying one egg across the US border into Minnesota.[43] In June 2012, CBP held two Seattle men for two and a half hours after discovering six Kinder Surprise eggs in their car upon returning to the US from a trip to Vancouver. According to one of the men detained, Joseph Cummings of Seattle, WA, a border guard quoted the potential fine as "$2,500 per egg."[44]

BTW, IMO, European chocolate is far superior to American.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Very popular in the UK too.

Ironic really they are banned in the USA but you can buy guns like sweets :biggrin:

I really don't get why? I guess there is nothing more harmless than Kinder surprise eggs 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

I really don't get why? I guess there is nothing more harmless than Kinder surprise eggs 😂

Well at least there is no chance of getting a bullet in yer gut :biggrin:

• Haha 2