Carla & Yanai General Chat 2020 #5 July

4 minutes ago, costa049 said:

They're talking about plans for tomorrow somewhere? Is that it?

Despite nagachilli2's wishful thinking, they appear to be going to wherever Carla's Mom lives for a few days.  Marga thought they would be back Aug 4th or thereabouts.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Harry1949 said:

Despite nagachilli2's wishful thinking, they appear to be going to wherever Carla's Mom lives for a few days.  Marga thought they would be back Aug 4th or thereabouts.

Haven't you guys figured out that Carla's mam's a Geordie,...:biggrin:

2 minutes ago, nagachilli2 said:

NE England...

Ok, we visited relatives in Glasgow a number of years ago where my father was born.  Travelled over to the east side and came down through York and Durham on the way back to London.  A wonderful trip but so much more that i didn't get to see. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Harry1949 said:

Ok, we visited relatives in Glasgow a number of years ago where my father was born.  Travelled over to the east side and came down through York and Durham on the way back to London.  A wonderful trip but so much more that i didn't get to see. 

Did you see Durham Cathedral? It's great...

22 minutes ago, nagachilli2 said:

Did you see Durham Cathedral? It's great...

Yes, it was fabulous.  We also drove out to Holy Island, and toured the underground ruins in York, going back to the Vikings.  I stood on Hadrian's Wall, and imagined some poor Roman Soldier there almost two thousand years before me, looking out to the north and wondering "What the hell did I do wrong to get posted here at the end of the earth"! LOL

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Harry1949 said:

Yes, it was fabulous.  We also drove out to Holy Island, and toured the underground ruins in York, going back to the Vikings.  I stood on Hadrian's Wall, and imagined some poor Roman Soldier there almost two thousand years before me, looking out to the north and wondering "What the hell did I do wrong to get posted here at the end of the earth"! LOL

You've been watching too much GOT lol...But I know what you mean. It's steeped in history