Coronavirus at home

3 hours ago, nagachilli2 said:

Anyway, that's enough ranting. I'm not a political person, generally...I'm just disillusioned...

I think we are both singing from the same hymm sheet but much of the blame has to be put on the media, they are never content with reporting the honest facts but continually stirring up controversy just to sell their rags or get in the public eye. They change their tune from week to week depending on the swing of assumed public views and it causes more trouble all the time.

• Like 1

Well we are fortunate here in Canada that the politicians and the Public Health Officials are singing from the same songsheet.  Both are warning that several areas of Canada have entered the 2nd Wave of the coronavirus and we all have to be more careful.  Here in British Columbia we are constantly warned to have a 'bubble' of no more than six, and the same six, that you associate with on a regular basis.  Right now, that six does not include our children and grandchildren for another week or two until we see how 'back to school' has gone.

But I agree, on the news we see how irresponsible people can be here in Victoria, where there is a University and in Vancouver.

• Like 2

Another great idea from Boris and his cronies... We'll shut all the pubs and bars at 10PM...

So everyone piles out at 9.45. into a social distancing environment far worse than what they've left in the pub!! They can then go and stock up on booze, because some of the supermarkets and off-licences are still open, and go back to someone's house and party...well I spose that's ok coz it is Fresher's week...🥴

This was York city centre last night at 10pm...

Viral video shows crowds of people singing and dancing in York city centre after 10pm curfew

1 hour ago, nagachilli2 said:

Another great idea from Boris and his cronies... We'll shut all the pubs and bars at 10PM...

So everyone piles out at 9.45. into a social distancing environment far worse than what they've left in the pub!! They can then go and stock up on booze, because some of the supermarkets and off-licences are still open, and go back to someone's house and party...well I spose that's ok coz it is Fresher's week...🥴

This was York city centre last night at 10pm...

Viral video shows crowds of people singing and dancing in York city centre after 10pm curfew

the greatest idea that Boris had was to encourage people to dine out for half price. all the restaurants were packed for a whole month, an now they wonder why we have the second wave on the way. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, bluewinner said:

the greatest idea that Boris had was to encourage people to dine out for half price. all the restaurants were packed for a whole month, an now they wonder why we have the second wave on the way. 

The Second Wave has begun in Canada.  Things are now getting to a point where everything is going Shutdown again except for Grocers and Drug Stores just as before.  The thing is the Second Wave is going to be more deadlier than the first. Even wearing a mask won't save some. 

5 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

The Second Wave has begun in Canada.  Things are now getting to a point where everything is going Shutdown again except for Grocers and Drug Stores just as before.  The thing is the Second Wave is going to be more deadlier than the first. Even wearing a mask won't save some. 

looks like it has already began in the UK too. fortunately the number of deaths are very low right now, and I hope it stays low (Although even one death is too many). looks like most of the people have learned their lesson, especially those who are vulnerable,  the majority are wearing masks and respecting the rules.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bluewinner said:

looks like it has already began in the UK too. fortunately the number of deaths are very low right now, and I hope it stays low (Although even one death is too many). looks like most of the people have learned their lesson, especially those who are vulnerable,  the majority are wearing masks and respecting the rules.

Far too many haven't though!...😡

2 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

You're a happy bugger. Personally i think many of the increased cases in UK is due to more testing being done. The death rate is low though just about 16 today i think which is going down.

5 minutes ago, Robwin said:

You're a happy bugger. Personally i think many of the increased cases in UK is due to more testing being done. The death rate is low though just about 16 today i think which is going down.

Where I am at it's low but in the Metropolitan Toronto area which is only 120 Miles from me it's breaking out.  There are even cases of ones that previously had COVID have got it again. So it appears one can get it more than once. I myself have been lucky enough to avoid it so far. (Knock on Wood)  Radio Station Clipboard GIF by JMatt

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Of course it is Rob, but I honestly don't know where we're going with this...Obviously we're more educated in managing it now, together with other factors, so the death rate has gone down, but if the positive cases increase at the rate that they are, the NHS will be saturated to the extent that the death rates will start to rise again...especially with winter approaching....

• Like 1