Coronavirus at home

Just now, Robwin said:

It does amaze me how so many people can be so irresponsible in their behaviour with this virus problem, what with all these demonstrations, partying and thinking it so vital to go on holiday i find unbelievable. So many are the younger generation who seem to think they are untouchable so why is it so surprising we are all having new outbreaks of the virus.

So true.The more irresposible people get they longer the virus will stay.Think only solution is the future vacine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robwin said:

It does amaze me how so many people can be so irresponsible in their behaviour with this virus problem, what with all these demonstrations, partying and thinking it so vital to go on holiday i find unbelievable. So many are the younger generation who seem to think they are untouchable so why is it so surprising we are all having new outbreaks of the virus.

They're safe in a pub in UK before 10pm though...the virus only becomes active after 10pm...😏

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, nagachilli2 said:

They're safe in a pub in UK before 10pm though...the virus only becomes active after 10pm...😏

Would you rather they were closed completely then and bankrupt the owners? Everyone can find faults and do but very few offer solutions eh?

16 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Would you rather they were closed completely then and bankrupt the owners? Everyone can find faults and do but very few offer solutions eh?

Yes...We need to get on top of this virus or the economy will suffer even more. The test and trace is key...it's working well in other countries but it's a shambles here. If he'd used local Health services and Public Health England facilities...the experts, to get it running efficiently, instead of handing it to a coupla non medical private companies, with no experience in the field, I believe we'd be on top of the situation in this country and the economy would be getting back on track. He's even had the fucking nerve to blame the NHS for it's failure, when it had fuck all to do with them...

Sorry...it's a question of too little too late, and lifting the restrictions a while back has come back to bite us all on the arse because it was too early and we'll be in full lock down again before we know it...

I really feel for everyone in hospitality, small and large businesses...everyone suffering financially, but we really need to focus on getting this virus under control first, imo...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nagachilli2 said:

Yes...We need to get on top of this virus or the economy will suffer even more. The test and trace is key...it's working well in other countries but it's a shambles here. If he'd used local Health services and Public Health England facilities...the experts, to get it running efficiently, instead of handing it to a coupla non medical private companies, with no experience in the field, I believe we'd be on top of the situation in this country and the economy would be getting back on track. He's even had the fucking nerve to blame the NHS for it's failure, when it had fuck all to do with them...

Sorry...it's a question of too little too late, and lifting the restrictions a while back has come back to bite us all on the arse because it was too early and we'll be in full lock down again before we know it...

I really feel for everyone in hospitality, small and large businesses...everyone suffering financially, but we really need to focus on getting this virus under control first, imo...

Much of your views i do agree with but other country's are experiencing worse rises than us right now like France. what did they do wrong then? Everyone has dealt with it in a different way. Track and trace in general has been a failure in most country's and unless everybody takes part it's virtually useless anyway. Personally our current rise here i think can be blamed on so many of the public who refuse to act responsible and obey many of the guidelines. Look at all the demonstrations and irresponsible behaviour by so many recently, funny that a couple of weeks since all those mad events the virus has started rising again especially in the north and London where most of these things took place. Coincedence? no i don't think so but they just can't be told, tough luck on the majority who have done their best in controlling it only to be undone by so many fucking idiots. Yes we need to focus, so you try telling all these idiots that.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Much of your views i do agree with but other country's are experiencing worse rises than us right now like France. what did they do wrong then? Everyone has dealt with it in a different way. Track and trace in general has been a failure in most country's and unless everybody takes part it's virtually useless anyway. Personally our current rise here i think can be blamed on so many of the public who refuse to act responsible and obey many of the guidelines. Look at all the demonstrations and irresponsible behaviour by so many recently, funny that a couple of weeks since all those mad events the virus has started rising again especially in the north and London where most of these things took place. Coincedence? no i don't think so but they just can't be told, tough luck on the majority who have done their best in controlling it only to be undone by so many fucking idiots. Yes we need to focus, so you try telling all these idiots that.

I agree with you too...Once the idiots were given the green light, the surge was always gonna happen. Track and trace is a mess though. I've just tried installing this brand new state of the art App...I can't because my iPhone6 is too old! It's ironic, because all the young 'uns will have state of the art phones, but I bet many of them won't bother their arse to take part...and you're right, to be of much use, many people will need to get involved...

The whole situation is a train crash Rob..I can't see the light at the end of a very long tunnel I'm afraid...

Track and trace is a joke
Social distancing, where you can't see members of your own family, but can go to a pub surrounded by strangers is a joke. 3 pubs in my town have been shut down for a week because they had no social distancing and had late night lock-ins...
Testing is all over the place. If you can eventually book a test, you might have to travel crazy distances to get one, and wait ages for results..in the meantime all your contacts could be spreading it around. They've also been running out of test kits! Of course you could pay £170 or whatever and go private...they don't run out..😏
And I don't even want to talk about school exam results...

What's puzzling is that we are the United Kingdom...yet Boris has barely spoken to the other leaders, and we are all pissing on different stones and handling the pandemic differently...hardly United 😕

Anyway, that's enough ranting. I'm not a political person, generally...I'm just disillusioned...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Harry1949 said:

Well you conservatives down south are suffering worse than us liberals up north so lets hope we keep that Border closed until the new year. 

Yes, what few liberals we have down here won't do their part to help get control of it.  I know a boat load of people down south and none of them have it....wonder why!  It's for the simple reason of common sense...liberals don't have any common sense!!

• Like 1