Discussion:2019 Novel Corona Virus (Covid19) and It's Political Ramifications #5

Pepe

I do not consider Dr.Fauci to be the only expert on covid-19. Last night I saw three epidemiologists on tv. One was from Stanford University, one was from Oxford University and the third was from Harvard. All three agreed that the correct approach to dealing with covid-19 is for us to concentrate our efforts on protecting those who are most in danger of serious illness and death from the disease, and to allow everyone else to normally live their lives. They stated that allowing people to live normal lives would result in a herd immunity which would in turn end up protecting everyone from the disease.

19 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

So many people seem to be locked into where we were with Covid-19 in Jan., Feb., and March.  Treatments are much more improved and more effective now than they were back then. We also know who the people are that need the most protection from the virus. That's why death rates from the disease are much lower now than they were in the early months of the disease.

For those who can afford them!...Plus the cocktail he's been given are usually reserved for those pretty much at deaths door...Don't get me wrong Ridge, I want him to recover from this, but if he's just gonna belittle it, which he has today and, let's face it, we expected him too, he's not out of the woods yet, and I hope it comes back and bites him on the arse...Then he can tell us he knows what it's about and understands it...😒

• Like 3

Let's see. Which country has the highest population? Yes, it's China. It doesn't report its cases. Xi has EVERYTHING under total control. Including his biological weapons labs.

Second highest? India. They can't count accurately.

Third highest? The United States. It counts people who die of anything as dying of Covid. Case loads? All tests for Covid are reported as Covid cases, no matter how often someone is tested. Incidentally, hospitals get subsidized and paid for taking care of Covid patients. How about that.

I hope they allow squirrels to immigrate to Sweden. Squirrels HATE being under house arrest.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nagachilli2 said:

For those who can afford them!...Plus the cocktail he's been given are usually reserved for those pretty much at deaths door...Don't get me wrong Ridge, I want him to recover from this, but if he's just gonna belittle it, which he has today and, let's face it, we expected him too, he's not out of the woods yet, and I hope it comes back and bites him on the arse...Then he can tell us he knows what it's about and understands it...😒

So maybe what they've discovered is that the drugs work best when administered early in the disease rather than later. That has been the argument of the doctors who have been successfully treating covid-19 patients with hydroxychloroquine. The drug is most effective when used early in the disease in combination with other drugs. 

9 minutes ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

Let's see. Which country has the highest population? Yes, it's China. It doesn't report its cases. Xi has EVERYTHING under total control. Including his biological weapons labs.

Second highest? India. They can't count accurately.

Third highest? The United States. It counts people who die of anything as dying of Covid. Case loads? All tests for Covid are reported as Covid cases, no matter how often someone is tested. Incidentally, hospitals get subsidized and paid for taking care of Covid patients. How about that.

I hope they allow squirrels to immigrate to Sweden. Squirrels HATE being under house arrest.

And now Dr.Fauci has said that even with a vaccine we still shouldn't return to normal behavior.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

So maybe what they've discovered is that the drugs work best when administered early in the disease rather than later. That has been the argument of the doctors who have been successfully treating covid-19 patients with hydroxychloroquine. The drug is most effective when used early in the disease in combination with other drugs. 

Maybe...Still too soon...

24 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Ich halte Dr.Fauci nicht für den einzigen Experten für Covid-19. Letzte Nacht habe ich drei Epidemiologen im Fernsehen gesehen. Einer war von der Stanford University, einer von der Oxford University und der dritte von Harvard. Alle drei waren sich einig, dass der richtige Ansatz für den Umgang mit Covid-19 darin besteht, dass wir uns darauf konzentrieren, diejenigen, die am stärksten von schwerer Krankheit und Tod bedroht sind, vor der Krankheit zu schützen und allen anderen ein normales Leben zu ermöglichen. Sie gaben an, dass die Erlaubnis für ein normales Leben zu einer Herdenimmunität führen würde, die wiederum alle vor der Krankheit schützen würde.

Alles reine Spekulation. Es gibt offenbar viele Fälle bei denen sich bereits Infizierte nach einigen Wochen erneut mit einem leicht abgewandelten Coronavirus angesteckt haben. Das stellt die "Herdenimmunität" und auch den erhofften Erfolg von Impfungen sehr in Frage. Sicher wissen alle Forscher in der Welt eigentlich noch gar nichts, was belastbar ist. Weiterhin nur Hoffen und Bangen.  ☹️

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

The exact opposite can also be the case. This is the reason why studies are made and only after the results are known, a large-scale application is carried out. With hydroxychloroquine there have been no clearly positiv studies so far. That Trump chose this drug as a miracle cure for his propaganda some month ago is worth shit.

Additionally you should be aware that a single case has no real meaning. Nobody knows how Trump Covid-19 case would have turned out without all the drugs. Only appropriate studies with suitable control groups make a meaningful statement possible. The fact that this asshole Trump is once again acting as a fake expert is simply unbearable when you consider how many more morons are now getting infected just because the security measures are reduced.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, StarLight28 said:

All pure speculation. There are apparently many cases in which people who have already been infected have become infected again with a slightly modified corona virus after a few weeks. This puts the "herd immunity" and also the hoped-for success of vaccinations into question. Certainly all researchers in the world do not yet know anything that is resilient. Still only hope and fear.  ☹️

So that means a vaccine won't work either, right? Sorry, but I trust the opinions of epidemiologists from Oxford, Stanford and Harvard more than your opinion. 

1 minute ago, Ridgerunner said:

So that means a vaccine won't work either, right? Sorry, but I trust the opinions of epidemiologists from Oxford, Stanford and Harvard more than your opinion. 

You should really start to list your sources at least occasionally.

• Like 2