Footy #1

nagachilli2

2 hours ago, ddhm said:

Well , a very disappointed analysis prediction earlier , the worst game of Holland and Czech Republic seemed to have worked completely for this game even more than the group stage matches , the o performance reminded me of the national team of Greece back in 2004 .  First big blow turn in the tournament , soon s second big team says goodbye after 

Belgium vs  Portugal .. 

Two big games in this KO stage , this is the first one . Very difficult to predict , the current European champions against the number 1 team in the Fifa rankings . We have a team that is improving game by game as key players get better , I speak about De Bruine and Azar of Belgium . Belgium has a nuclear weapon in offense , Lukaku , I can’t see the two center backs the g Portugal managing to keep him away of scoring , especially studying the poor performance of the whole defense line of Portugal against the Germans . De Bruine seems to get in great shape right on time , Azar will most probably make the whole 90 minutes , with De Bruine being the feeder and Lukaku in great form , I give my chances to Belgium .. 

Portugal has an appointment impressive  for one more big tournament Cristiano , but Santos ( as most older coaches ) he is stubborn . He worked for more than 10 years in Greece  and he was also the one who led the national team one penalty kick away for qualifying to the quarterfinals of the World Cup in Brazil when we were eliminated by Costa Rica .. he is stubborn as he has a standard philosophy , he kept a very explosive player like Renato Sanchez away of the starting 11 in the first two games against Hungary and Germany because he believes in a hard to defeat two defensive midfield backs tactic .. having though Renato in the starting 11 , he sacrifices the talent of Fernantes as he can’t fit in the system . Bad choices then as he can’t take advantage of his key players because he is based in a defensive tactic .. 

We speak though of a team that goes always in the highest stages of big tournaments ( Portugal ) against a team that always impresses with their football but gets eliminated also always .. With the current conditions , I still go with Belgium as they seem to have a better approach and let’s see what happens , for sure a great game expected . 

One of the most exciting games so far,a great goal from Hazard Jnr.,Portugal hitting the post during a last 10/15 min.onslaught,and a bit of needle creeping in just to spice it up,great entertainment.More of this please.👍

2 minutes ago, Dave 27 said:

One of the most exciting games so far,a great goal from Hazard Jnr.,Portugal hitting the post during a last 10/15 min.onslaught,and a bit of needle creeping in just to spice it up,great entertainment.More of this please.👍

5 years ago , all the details were with Portugal , with only one win in the tournament , they were European champions .. today they played like champions but the details went to Belgium … welcome to the king of kings of sports , THIS IS FOOTBALL ☺️😇🥳👏👏

5 hours ago, ddhm said:

So far , it has been 2 out of 2 predictions , let’s if Holland makes the 3rd right one ☺️

No way pal,failed on this one eh, Holland always flatter to deceive but always these days revert to fouling when getting behind. They deserved to go out.

3 minutes ago, Robwin said:

No way pal,failed on this one eh, Holland always flatter to deceive but always these days revert to fouling when getting behind. They deserved to go out.

I couldn’t see such a bad performance like the one I watched today from the Dutch  and such  a determined and focused game by the Czechs .. I admit that I got that completely wrong , I am still not impressed by Czech Republic but hey , the offense gives the applause but the defense the trophy .. and this is what’s going on so far with them .. and I speak from full safety seats as a European champion with the same recipe 17 years ago 😂🤣😂🤣

• Like 1

Evening all...

Really sad to see Portugal go out. They played really well and were desperately unlucky. I don't rate Belgium, and it looks like De Bruyne could miss the rest of the tournament. They were sloppy tonight, and very fortunate to win. Portugal just lacked a cutting edge as Jota didn't show his Liverpool form...
The Netherland were terrible, even before the deserved red card. The Czechs played well. It's often more difficult to break teams down when they go a man down, but they did it perfectly...

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Holland were on the back foot after the red card but up till then I thought they looked quite dangerous.The Czech's are a good solid unit without being brilliant and will be difficult to beat.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dave 27 said:

Holland were on the back foot after the red card but up till then I thought they looked quite dangerous.The Czech's are a good solid unit without being brilliant and will be difficult to beat.

Personally I didn't think there was that much between the teams before the sending off...the Czechs were getting a foothold in the game...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nagachilli2 said:

Evening all...

Really sad to see Portugal go out. They played really well and were desperately unlucky. I don't rate Belgium, and it looks like De Bruyne could miss the rest of the tournament. They were sloppy tonight, and very fortunate to win. Portugal just lacked a cutting edge as Jota didn't show his Liverpool form...
The Netherland were terrible, even before the deserved red card. The Czechs played well. It's often more difficult to break teams down when they go a man down, but they did it perfectly...

Hi Naga,I agree that Portugal played well but I don't get how you don't rate Belgium😟they were every bit as good on the night.Lets face it Ronaldo contributed very little and it wasn't till the last 15 mins that Portugal really piled on the pressure possibly due to the fact Belgium were happy to hold on to 1-0.Extra time would have been interesting.

1 minute ago, Dave 27 said:

Hi Naga,I agree that Portugal played well but I don't get how you don't rate Belgium😟they were every bit as good on the night.Lets face it Ronaldo contributed very little and it wasn't till the last 15 mins that Portugal really piled on the pressure possibly due to the fact Belgium were happy to hold on to 1-0.Extra time would have been interesting.

Belgium were sloppy, their so called big players didn't perform, Portugal were more dangerous on the break and Courtois was much the busier keeper...plus they were boring to watch. Belgium won't be champions...imo

I agree, there were better Portugal players on the night than Ronaldo...they're not a 1 man team...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nagachilli2 said:

Belgium were sloppy, their so called big players didn't perform, Portugal were more dangerous on the break and Courtois was much the busier keeper...plus they were boring to watch. Belgium won't be champions...imo

I agree, there were better Portugal players on the night than Ronaldo...they're not a 1 man team...

Portugal was the better team but the Belgians needed only one chance and they made a goal out of it. Effectiveness 100% 😁

• Like 1

Guest amandafan

Belgium/Portugal 1-0
The assumption that the match against the former World Cup champions Portugal would be the most difficult for the Belgians has come true. It wasn't the most beautiful football that both teams played, but it was unusually exciting. Trainer Martínez resolutely chose his strongest eleven against Portugal and that was badly needed.
Partly due to the efficient opposition of the Portuguese, Belgian strikers were able to create very few opportunities. Striking were the performances of the midfield: Meunier – Tielemans – Witsel – T. Hazard. A Witsel who, by the way, needed 5 months to recover from a serious injury and who now again confirmed the importance of his presence with the Red Devils in this match. 

Guest amandafan

The hardest is behind the Belgians, and the best football of the Red Devils is coming against Italy. At least if the butcher's work that the Portuguese wrought among the Belgians turns out not to be too bad. Forecast Belgium - Italy 2 - 1