Footy #1

nagachilli2

5 hours ago, Dave 27 said:

Thanks Naga,it was a glorious day we won some money,the beer was cold but by evening time it was pissing down so I just had to keep checking the Tetley's bitter was ok.👍

BTW I rapped your door for our Dopiazas but you must have been out.😋

Didn't you see the curtains twitching :biggrin:

• Haha 2

Hello all, I join the topic a bit late but here are the thoughts about the KO stage of this year’s incredible  EURO , we all saw how much it has missed the images with the people and the colors , the atmosphere , a whole nation waiting to see what happens .. and as a greek that we have been perhaps the biggest surprised winners in the history of this tournament , I can really tell that the feelings that you get watching the national team moving to the next round after the next round , it is the least miraculous .. anyway… since I don’t have much time for  both games analysis , here are the thoughts for Denmark vs Wales ☺️

Even before the tournament , Denmark was amongst the underdogs , a really good team , very good chemistry and players that seem to complete the weaknesses of the others and making a really difficult team to defeat . The first game and the shock with Eriksen , it could have destroyed their psychology in all terms of the game but even if being defeated after amazing performances both against Finland and Belgium , they found the courage at the last game and with good tactic - and because football is a fair game and it always gives to teams that go for their luck and don’t wait for it - they achieved the knock out stage . 

Denmark seems definitely in a better condition that Wales . I think that Welsh stars are tired ( yes, Bale has been great ) and I believe they have physical condition problems , they were in a group that Turkey was perhaps the biggest disappointment of the tournament and they made it to the next round . Denmark is a very explosive team , they go to the opponent like there’s no tomorrow , this is maybe their problem , they don’t make balanced physical abilities exposure during their game , they go full throttle from the beginning and then they seem to lose power as the game passes by . Against Russia , they controlled this better and the win came very easily for the knock out stage . They have the most chances of all teams , their midfield and attacking zone works in great ways , I can’t find a way that Wales  will stop them .

Denmark seems more “hungry”  and has a better overall team , good tactics and players that since game 1 plays with an even bigger motivation . Wales has been nothing special for me , I see Denmark making it to the quarterfinals either in a difficult or easy way . 

I will  be back later for Austria vs Italy 😇😎

Well , it wasn’t since a difficult prediction the first one 😂  , let’s move to the second game . 

Italy vs Austria and we have the team that seems to be the most organized team in the tournament , with clear roles for all players , they all know what they need to do at any moment of the game . They are  definitely the tournament’s favorite , this is maybe the only  thing in my opinion that can cause trouble . The team is fresh , the group stage helped Mancini to keep the players in great condition , they have absolute knowledge of the chance they have this here and most of all , they are a TEAM with a full meaning of the word . They don’t have the superstar like in previous versions , it is like everyone will play for the other . 

Austria has achieved very much , first two wins ever in a EURO tournament , they are totally successful with their appearance but as we say “ eating makes the appetite bigger “ 😉 , they will get their chances for sure but I think they don’t have Italy’s experience and “ national’s team heavy shirt “ to handle the demands of such a game . Nobody will blame them in case they are eliminated . 

Italy has variety , they are a complete team with many alternatives in their game , i can’t think that they aren’t going to be in the last 8 . 

Let’s enjoy all the game ☺️

Good afternoon and let’s see about today … Holland vs Czech Republic .. 

Holland was one of the teams  that could play all games at “ home “ and they took advantage of that . They can’t be compared with teams of the past but thinking that it hasn’t been some good years for them and reconstructing their football , they have this year a chance for something good . De Boer has found a great plan to take advantage of Damphreys , a player that we will be talking a lot in the future . As always , Holland has the physical abilities to be able and dominate against “ tough “ teams and Czech Republic is a team that fits them in this round . 

Czech Republic had been quite lucky , they didn’t present anything special , talent or tactics  , they managed with  to hard work and try e mistakes of the opponents to go through the KO stage . They were very lucky vs Scotland and perhaps they scored the goal of the tournament so far with that incredible goal from the midfield . They took advantage of a bad coaching day against Croatia before ending the group against England in which southgate’s team made the worst performance . 

It is of course football , but personally I haven’t seen anything excited from the Czech Republic . Holland has a weak defense but the talent of the players and the ability to present players who are more “ hungry “ let’s say , I give them the advantage to be at the quarterfinals .

So far , it has been 2 out of 2 predictions , let’s if Holland makes the 3rd right one ☺️

5 minutes ago, ddhm said:

Good afternoon and let’s see about today … Holland vs Czech Republic .. 

Holland was one of the teams  that could play all games at “ home “ and they took advantage of that . They can’t be compared with teams of the past but thinking that it hasn’t been some good years for them and reconstructing their football , they have this year a chance for something good . De Boer has found a great plan to take advantage of Damphreys , a player that we will be talking a lot in the future . As always , Holland has the physical abilities to be able and dominate against “ tough “ teams and Czech Republic is a team that fits them in this round . 

Czech Republic had been quite lucky , they didn’t present anything special , talent or tactics  , they managed with  to hard work and try e mistakes of the opponents to go through the KO stage . They were very lucky vs Scotland and perhaps they scored the goal of the tournament so far with that incredible goal from the midfield . They took advantage of a bad coaching day against Croatia before ending the group against England in which southgate’s team made the worst performance . 

It is of course football , but personally I haven’t seen anything excited from the Czech Republic . Holland has a weak defense but the talent of the players and the ability to present players who are more “ hungry “ let’s say , I give them the advantage to be at the quarterfinals .

So far , it has been 2 out of 2 predictions , let’s if Holland makes the 3rd right one ☺️

Forza Italia!!!

Well , a very disappointed analysis prediction earlier , the worst game of Holland and Czech Republic seemed to have worked completely for this game even more than the group stage matches , the o performance reminded me of the national team of Greece back in 2004 .  First big blow turn in the tournament , soon s second big team says goodbye after 

Belgium vs  Portugal .. 

Two big games in this KO stage , this is the first one . Very difficult to predict , the current European champions against the number 1 team in the Fifa rankings . We have a team that is improving game by game as key players get better , I speak about De Bruine and Azar of Belgium . Belgium has a nuclear weapon in offense , Lukaku , I can’t see the two center backs the g Portugal managing to keep him away of scoring , especially studying the poor performance of the whole defense line of Portugal against the Germans . De Bruine seems to get in great shape right on time , Azar will most probably make the whole 90 minutes , with De Bruine being the feeder and Lukaku in great form , I give my chances to Belgium .. 

Portugal has an appointment impressive  for one more big tournament Cristiano , but Santos ( as most older coaches ) he is stubborn . He worked for more than 10 years in Greece  and he was also the one who led the national team one penalty kick away for qualifying to the quarterfinals of the World Cup in Brazil when we were eliminated by Costa Rica .. he is stubborn as he has a standard philosophy , he kept a very explosive player like Renato Sanchez away of the starting 11 in the first two games against Hungary and Germany because he believes in a hard to defeat two defensive midfield backs tactic .. having though Renato in the starting 11 , he sacrifices the talent of Fernantes as he can’t fit in the system . Bad choices then as he can’t take advantage of his key players because he is based in a defensive tactic .. 

We speak though of a team that goes always in the highest stages of big tournaments ( Portugal ) against a team that always impresses with their football but gets eliminated also always .. With the current conditions , I still go with Belgium as they seem to have a better approach and let’s see what happens , for sure a great game expected . 

• Like 1