Naga's Kitchen Part #1

nagachilli2

14 hours ago, Robwin said:

Just plain flour,egg and milk but add the flour in slowly whilst  whisking to avoid lumps and not too thick a mixture so you don't get a thick batter. you can always add more milk to thin it to your liking. I ain't no Gordon Ramsey though lol.

Angry Fox Tv GIF by Hell's Kitchen gordon ramsay cooking GIF

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Robwin said:

Just plain flour,egg and milk but add the flour in slowly whilst  whisking to avoid lumps and not too thick a mixture so you don't get a thick batter. you can always add more milk to thin it to your liking. I ain't no Gordon Ramsey though lol.

So you don't swear lol?...😏

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, TBG 150 said:

How anyone can eat crap like that is beyond me, when for less money, you can make the burgers at home with real meat (sirloin of course) grille them instead of frying them in their own small amount of grease. Using regular ground beef will yield a ton more grease. The fries would be so much better if cooked in bacon fat that hasn't been cooked in a hundred times. Not that processed so-called vegetable oil the fast food joints use.

Now add all of your favs to the burger and don't forget to put on a strip of bacon and real cheese, not that processed cheese food crap that the local hash house will use. And of course it must have a fresh lightly toasted bun.

I typed this after reading the previous posts that made me hungry and went out and made 4 scrambled eggs, 5 strips of bacon, 4 slices of toast and a nice plate of hash brown potatoes. That should hold me until lunch. 

Well this is what I was sorta hoping for when I set up the thread..Thx guys 😁

I call that sort of cheese, plastic cheese. The slices are often separated by squares of plastic...it's hard to tell the difference 😏

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Soup:Not exactly challenging but here goes:I make a vegetable broth and flavour it with the stock from a roast chicken, it beats stock cubes out of sight.If you want it really healthy let the stock cool off and place it in the fridge for a few hours and the fat/grease will rise to the top for easy removal.To add extra flavour to the soup I add all the little bits of meat that would probably go out with the carcass,it does make a difference.I leave the veg chunky but it's a personal choice.

Not as technical as your Dopiaza  Naga but there you go.👍

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dave 27 said:

Soup:Not exactly challenging but here goes:I make a vegetable broth and flavour it with the stock from a roast chicken, it beats stock cubes out of sight.If you want it really healthy let the stock cool off and place it in the fridge for a few hours and the fat/grease will rise to the top for easy removal.To add extra flavour to the soup I add all the little bits of meat that would probably go out with the carcass,it does make a difference.I leave the veg chunky but it's a personal choice.

Not as technical as your Dopiaza  Naga but there you go.👍

You can't beat home made soup, and it's that time of the year. I'm gonna use the turkey carcass after Christmas to make a very similar one. We put lentils and split peas in my veg soup too...some times we grate the carrot and turnip (neeps lol)...
Those Knorr chicken stock pots are really good if you haven't got time to make the real deal...much superior to stock cubes...

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, nagachilli2 said:

You can't beat home made soup, and it's that time of the year. I'm gonna use the turkey carcass after Christmas to make a very similar one. We put lentils and split peas in my veg soup too...some times we grate the carrot and turnip (neeps lol)...
Those Knorr chicken stock pots are really good if you haven't got time to make the real deal...much superior to stock cubes...

Our Christmas soup is lentil soup made with smoked ham ribs and no one but no one gets the ribs once the soup is made.Many have tried and failed.😁

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Dave 27 said:

Our Christmas soup is lentil soup made with smoked ham ribs and no one but no one gets the ribs once the soup is made.Many have tried and failed.😁

I'm 63 now, and I can still remember my nana making that when I was about 8...It was that good! 😁

• Like 2

10 hours ago, nagachilli2 said:

I'm 63 now, and I can still remember my nana making that when I was about 8...It was that good! 😁

We are the same age, naga. I wonder if today's generation of children will be able to say that they remember good home cooking from their grandparents. I'd almost kill to have some of my mom's good cooking again. There is the one ingredient that I can't put into my own cooking for myself that she could and that is LOVE!

But, when I do cook for those special times with friends and family, I can and do add that ingredient. It makes the flavor all the more better. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1