Naga's Kitchen Part #1

nagachilli2

6 hours ago, TBG 150 said:

We are the same age, naga. I wonder if today's generation of children will be able to say that they remember good home cooking from their grandparents. I'd almost kill to have some of my mom's good cooking again. There is the one ingredient that I can't put into my own cooking for myself that she could and that is LOVE!

But, when I do cook for those special times with friends and family, I can and do add that ingredient. It makes the flavor all the more better. 

I'm really happy for you young guys😋👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Oh. That really can make any woman get  surprised and been in shock for long. If guys can cooking then we happy to invite us to eat with great pleasure .Oye So happy to saw how many head chefs on here. But i wish if not does  appears at end. the Mr google who is being real master chef😋By the way that what any talented chefs can called it's real meaning of cooking 🧐

appetizer-bacon-cuisine-2097090-thumbnai

Bacon with spaghetti because I love Italian cuisine so much, I cooked it with add some of Lettuce leaf and tomato and to add last thing some cilli pepper.This is meaning a varied and nutritious dish and i always love it with pomegranate juice😋

• Like 5

5 hours ago, ARMY SNIPER said:

Here's Today's home cooking TBG150     😢

That is some nasty shit there, Sniper. I'd have to be really hard pressed to eat anything from either of those places except for an Egg McMuffin. 

Every evening, when I'm here and RLC, and Mrs Naga has gone to bed, I put the Food Chanel on TV, in the background. At this time of night it's hilarious!...We get 'Mystery Diner' to kick off...If you thought a lot of the GOV shit is fake/a show..this show takes the biscuit!!...Then it's usually Man V Food...I go to bed stuffed from just watching that...Finally, before I hit the sack is  'Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives', which I quite enjoy...Right now I'm watching some joint over in US...not sure where, cos I missed the start, but they're making Yorkshire puddings lol! Now they're class...but a little tricky.

Any of you guys made them before...and how many turn out like Dave's Scotch pancakes?...🤣

All this late night Food Chanel stuff is US, and it gives a bad impression. Sure, you CAN over indulge over there if you want ( my burger storey was an example) butt I've been to US twice now, and the food was great!..The best steak I've ever eaten was in NY, and I had a pork chop in fabulous little town called Mount Dora in Florida, which was the best ever...Pork's tricky coz it can dry out easily...

God, I'm so passionate about food, I apologise for boring the arse off you guys...

7 hours ago, nagachilli2 said:

Every evening, when I'm here and RLC, and Mrs Naga has gone to bed, I put the Food Chanel on TV, in the background. At this time of night it's hilarious!...We get 'Mystery Diner' to kick off...If you thought a lot of the GOV shit is fake/a show..this show takes the biscuit!!...Then it's usually Man V Food...I go to bed stuffed from just watching that...Finally, before I hit the sack is  'Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives', which I quite enjoy...Right now I'm watching some joint over in US...not sure where, cos I missed the start, but they're making Yorkshire puddings lol! Now they're class...but a little tricky.

Any of you guys made them before...and how many turn out like Dave's Scotch pancakes?...🤣

All this late night Food Chanel stuff is US, and it gives a bad impression. Sure, you CAN over indulge over there if you want ( my burger storey was an example) butt I've been to US twice now, and the food was great!..The best steak I've ever eaten was in NY, and I had a pork chop in fabulous little town called Mount Dora in Florida, which was the best ever...Pork's tricky coz it can dry out easily...

God, I'm so passionate about food, I apologise for boring the arse off you guys...

Good morning Naga,you're definitely not boring the arse off me,after all this IS an open forum which isn't exclusively VH and RLC and it's refreshing to have a crack about something else,we've had metal,now it's food,long may it continue.We could move on to ballet or opera or Shakespeare or even the evolution of the hula hoop😁anyway I digress.

As I am an "auld git" in my childhood I saw some gross food that people took for granted back then(I wouldn't touch it),"sheep's heid","pigs feet",and the worst of all"tripe".But conversely there was homemade jam,strawberry,raspberry,crab apple,bramble,etc.and we as kids had to help gather all these fruits in the wild or garden.My mum would make girdle scones pronounced(as in prawn,lawn,dawn)these were made in an ordinary frying pan as against the oven.Straight on to the plate hot,loads of butter and homemade jam,heaven!!!.Everything we ate was homemade,steak and kidney pie,stews,Mac and cheese,fish and potato pie,mince done god knows how many ways.My dad served in the RAF out east during the war and came home safely with a curry habit which my mum quickly learned how to cook and my first ever curry was mince but she went a bit overboard and started to curry fish,beef,and of course chicken and nowadays that isn't strange at all.

As for me and cooking I landed on my feet when I married Margaret(51 years ago)as she is a brilliant cook and wife,her apple crumble is to die for but we buy the apples now not like when I was a kid and nicked them out the big posh houses with huge gardens😁So like you Naga I'm passionate about food and do dabble with cooking but my lovely wife does the lions share but keep the chat coming I find it interesting pal👍

P.S.Sorry for bangiing on about my early life.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dave 27 said:

Good morning Naga,you're definitely not boring the arse off me,after all this IS an open forum which isn't exclusively VH and RLC and it's refreshing to have a crack about something else,we've had metal,now it's food,long may it continue.We could move on to ballet or opera or Shakespeare or even the evolution of the hula hoop😁anyway I digress.

As I am an "auld git" in my childhood I saw some gross food that people took for granted back then(I wouldn't touch it),"sheep's heid","pigs feet",and the worst of all"tripe".But conversely there was homemade jam,strawberry,raspberry,crab apple,bramble,etc.and we as kids had to help gather all these fruits in the wild or garden.My mum would make girdle scones pronounced(as in prawn,lawn,dawn)these were made in an ordinary frying pan as against the oven.Straight on to the plate hot,loads of butter and homemade jam,heaven!!!.Everything we ate was homemade,steak and kidney pie,stews,Mac and cheese,fish and potato pie,mince done god knows how many ways.My dad served in the RAF out east during the war and came home safely with a curry habit which my mum quickly learned how to cook and my first ever curry was mince but she went a bit overboard and started to curry fish,beef,and of course chicken and nowadays that isn't strange at all.

As for me and cooking I landed on my feet when I married Margaret(51 years ago)as she is a brilliant cook and wife,her apple crumble is to die for but we buy the apples now not like when I was a kid and nicked them out the big posh houses with huge gardens😁So like you Naga I'm passionate about food and do dabble with cooking but my lovely wife does the lions share but keep the chat coming I find it interesting pal👍

P.S.Sorry for bangiing on about my early life.

Afternoon Dave..

When I was a kid, every Saturday, my mam used to bring home from the Sunderland market a bagful of tripe...all varieties. We just used to eat it with vinegar, and occasionally cooked in milk. I'm very adventurous when it comes to food, and local cuisine's are a big part of holidaying abroad for all our family...but I'm not sure I could stomach tripe anymore (pardon the pun 🤣). 
I'm a big fan of other offal though, and love kidneys, liver and I have ox tongue sandwiches regularly. I just try not to think where that tongues been lol! Foie Gras in France was maybe a step too far though, from a moral angle as well as the fact it's very rich..and expensive! 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, nagachilli2 said:

Afternoon Dave..

When I was a kid, every Saturday, my mam used to bring home from the Sunderland market a bagful of tripe...all varieties. We just used to eat it with vinegar, and occasionally cooked in milk. I'm very adventurous when it comes to food, and local cuisine's are a big part of holidaying abroad for all our family...but I'm not sure I could stomach tripe anymore (pardon the pun 🤣). 
I'm a big fan of other offal though, and love kidneys, liver and I have ox tongue sandwiches regularly. I just try not to think where that tongues been lol! Foie Gras in France was maybe a step too far though, from a moral angle as well as the fact it's very rich..and expensive! 

Think we must all be around similar ages naga since the cuisine Dave speaks of was luxury to us as little ‘uns. Nothing wrong with potted heid although not so keen on trotters but tripe was like caviar for us, poached in milk with a few baby onions and if you can cap that then eels , boiled with mashed  spuds or jellied is the ultimate for me. Growing up in London in the 50’s I’d stand outside Manz’s eel shop waiting for punters to buy fresh eels just to watch the fishmonger take them out of the ice in the galvanised tray to gut and chop them. Childhood memories eh 🤔 living in Scotland now for many years you can’t get them for love nor money but still the memories linger on!  Into Italian food now and copious quantities of red wine 🍷 👌

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, happyman88 said:

Think we must all be around similar ages naga since the cuisine Dave speaks of was luxury to us as little ‘uns. Nothing wrong with potted heid although not so keen on trotters but tripe was like caviar for us, poached in milk with a few baby onions and if you can cap that then eels , boiled with mashed  spuds or jellied is the ultimate for me. Growing up in London in the 50’s I’d stand outside Manz’s eel shop waiting for punters to buy fresh eels just to watch the fishmonger take them out of the ice in the galvanised tray to gut and chop them. Childhood memories eh 🤔 living in Scotland now for many years you can’t get them for love nor money but still the memories linger on!  Into Italian food now and copious quantities of red wine 🍷 👌

I've never tried Eel...jellied of otherwise, but it's on my bucket list...I tried sweetbreads in Spain a coupla years back as part of a tapas meal...They were great!

I'm maybe slightly younger. Happy88...63.
Why did I always think you were American? 🥴

Thanks for the laugh Rob. That capped off the day just right. 

Having a British mother, I ate all that was aforementioned in some way at some time. She taught me to be frugal and not waste food. She grew up during WWII, when rationing was in full force. She would tell me stories of how in their family, they counted the peas on each others plate so that one didn't get one more than the other and that if they went to bed, they wouldn't be hungry for the lack of food. Today's lot has life a hell of a lot easier and they still cry and complain about it. Imagine if they had to live through a full out war on their home soil. They have no idea and frankly, neither do I.

• Like 2