Apricot and hazelnut stuffing
Pork, sage and onion stuffing
'Pigs in blankets'
Cranberry sauce
Bread sauce
Gravy

Xmas Pudding with rum sauce
Black Forest Roulade with cream

I hope you all have a great day tomorrow and a very Merry Christmas to you all! :biggrin:

• Like 3

8 hours ago, nagachilli2 said:

Ok...

Turkey and veg prepped for tomorrow...I'm off to bed now

Naga's Xmas day menu...

Prawn cocktail

Roast turkey
Roast potatoes
Mashed potatoes
Roast Parsnip
Brussel sprouts with bacon
Carrot and Swede mash
Sticky Red cabbage
Cheesy Cauliflower/Broccoli 
Apricot and hazelnut stuffing
Pork, sage and onion stuffing
'Pigs in blankets'
Cranberry sauce
Bread sauce
Gravy

Xmas Pudding with rum sauce
Black Forest Roulade with cream

I hope you all have a great day tomorrow and a very Merry Christmas to you all! :biggrin:

Right back at ya Naga👍

BTW,excellent spread👍👍

• Thanks 1

A fair sized group will be arriving later. Of course, I'm the designated chief cook and bottle washer. I don't do the chit-chat and small talk stuff well. I'd rather be in the kitchen.

I have a 10lb Prime Rib roast on the rotisserie with a pan under it to catch the drippings for the gravy. Au Jus for those that like it.

Personal sized baked potatoes with fresh chives, bacon bits, sour cream and anything else people put on them.

Grilled baby asparagus with finely chopped garlic, onions and olive oil.

Fresh made rolls and biscuits with lots of butter and jam on the side. I wish I knew how to make a Yorkshire pudding like my mom used to make. It was soooo good. Hmmmm! Maybe Naga has a good recipe in his repertoire?   

Dessert is a long line of things that will be brought I'm sure. Lots of adult beverages will be flowing and a few bottles of champagne and sparkling wine are lining the bar I set up.

Happy Non-Denominational Holiday Celebration, to this group, as no one can decide on what to call it without an argument. For the rest of us... Merry Christmas. It's the first that I can remember for a long time where the temperature was below 40F. Brrr!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TBG 150 said:

A fair sized group will be arriving later. Of course, I'm the designated chief cook and bottle washer. I don't do the chit-chat and small talk stuff well. I'd rather be in the kitchen.

I have a 10lb Prime Rib roast on the rotisserie with a pan under it to catch the drippings for the gravy. Au Jus for those that like it.

Personal sized baked potatoes with fresh chives, bacon bits, sour cream and anything else people put on them.

Grilled baby asparagus with finely chopped garlic, onions and olive oil.

Fresh made rolls and biscuits with lots of butter and jam on the side. I wish I knew how to make a Yorkshire pudding like my mom used to make. It was soooo good. Hmmmm! Maybe Naga has a good recipe in his repertoire?   

Dessert is a long line of things that will be brought I'm sure. Lots of adult beverages will be flowing and a few bottles of champagne and sparkling wine are lining the bar I set up.

Happy Non-Denominational Holiday Celebration, to this group, as no one can decide on what to call it without an argument. For the rest of us... Merry Christmas. It's the first that I can remember for a long time where the temperature was below 40F. Brrr!

I hope it was as good as it sounds! :biggrin:
Mrs Naga's the Yorkshire pudding expert, but we often have them with a roast on Sundays, so miss them out on Christmas day...

A true culinary artist always deviates from a written recipe. They 'customize' it to fit their own needs, which generally yields a much better product that the original. Mrs. Naga likely makes it according to old family tradition. These are tried and true and contain a pinch of this and a bit of that and a whole lotta love.

It's the love that makes it so special.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, nagachilli2 said:

I don't know about you guys, but we're still eating leftovers from Christmas...🥴

The turkey and ham have almost gone, and the Xmas pud, but we've enough cheese and pate left to open our own deli...😆

Funny you should mention leftovers Naga but we seem to have a cornucopia of cheese so for dinner tonight,dead simple

Fusili,precooked bacon chopped,grated cheddar,red Leicester,and some other white cheese?a dash of Worcester sauce.Heat some milk,add the cheese for  a sauce,put the whole lot(mixed together) into a baking dish,then into the oven for 20 mins Approx.

Dead simple and uses up a fair bit of cheese.Word of warning though,do not add salt,the bacon and cheese did that.👍

5 minutes ago, Dave 27 said:

Funny you should mention leftovers Naga but we seem to have a cornucopia of cheese so for dinner tonight,dead simple

Fusili,precooked bacon chopped,grated cheddar,red Leicester,and some other white cheese?a dash of Worcester sauce.Heat some milk,add the cheese for  a sauce,put the whole lot(mixed together) into a baking dish,then into the oven for 20 mins Approx.

Dead simple and uses up a fair bit of cheese.Word of warning though,do not add salt,the bacon and cheese did that.👍

Sounds tasty Dave...:tongue:

• Like 1

sofa.gif

Hello gentlemen (ladies?).

Like the idea of this thread, shows there's more to us than just being pervs leering at lovely ladies on the internet. Well, to of us at least. 😉

If it's okay, I'll be lurking behind the furniture a bit to see if I can get some inspiration. Not much of a cook myself, but I can follow instructions. So if I see something posted I fancy, I can maybe look up a recipe and have a go at it myself.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, CowArt said:

sofa.gif

Hello gentlemen (ladies?).

Like the idea of this thread, shows there's more to us than just being pervs leering at lovely ladies on the internet. Well, to of us at least. 😉

If it's okay, I'll be lurking behind the furniture a bit to see if I can get some inspiration. Not much of a cook myself, but I can follow instructions. So if I see something posted I fancy, I can maybe look up a recipe and have a go at it myself.

Welcome Cow...good to hear from you. The more the merrier. I just thought it would occasionally break up the monotony we know as RLC 😏

I'm making Nasi Goreng for dinner tonight guys...Answer's on a postcard...and no cheating lol 😉

• Thanks 1