US General Domestic Politics #36 Begins 10/14/21.

34 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

When you buy products that are made in the USA you'll pay a higher price for products. Imports will always be around as you get a bigger bang for the dollar.  It's the same in Canada, I will never buy anything that's Canadian made as it's price is too high.  I'll buy imported merchandise and have it shipped in and pay less for the same thing that's made in Canada. The savings is 40 to 70% cheaper. I don't care if something comes China, Japan, Bangladesh, Pakistan or some Third World entity.  I don't support what they do in some Countries but regardless of that fact the savings is what I look for.

Products manufactured in places like China, India, Tiawan, Vietnam, Indonesia as well as a number of other places are manufactured with a much lower set of quality standards and requirements than places like the U.S. or Canada or the U.K. or Australia also. Other than cheaper labor costs in product manufacturing, that is another reason why so much of the products manufactured in those other places are cheaper made and are not made with nowhere near the quality standards and requirements that products manufactured in some countries are. That is where the 'made in china' or 'made in Taiwan' references started out from referring to alot of poorly made products that were manufactured using the cheapest and not so good of materials to manufacture lots of products from because a majority of products they manufacture there are done so without having as much of set quality standards or requirements as far as quality and dependability may go. That is why alot of the products manufactured in some of those other places, is not as dependable and does not last as long as a majority of the products that are manufactured in places like the U.S. or Canada or the U.K. or Australia.

3 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

This article sounds like a good argument for why we need to promote manufacturing more products in the U.S. and reducing our dependence upon foreign imports.

Good for you!!!   I'll tell gopher that you do read articles!!!  Ryan Gosling Reaction GIF

8 minutes ago, Nicholas said:

Products manufactured in places like China, India, Tiawan, Vietnam, Indonesia as well as a number of other places are manufactured with a lower set of quality standards and requirements than places like the U.S. or Canada or the U.K. or Australia also. Other than cheaper labor costs in product manufacturing, that is another reason why so much of the products manufactured in those other places are cheaper made and are not made with nowhere near the quality standards and requirements that products manufactured in some countries are. That is where the 'made in china' reference started out from because a majority of products they manufacture there are done so without having as many set standards or rewuirements as far as quality and dependability may go.

The quality of the product may not be as great but it's within comparison. 

56 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

When you buy products that are made in the USA you'll pay a higher price for products. Imports will always be around as you get a bigger bang for the dollar.  It's the same in Canada, I will never buy anything that's Canadian made as it's price is too high.  I'll buy imported merchandise and have it shipped in and pay less for the same thing that's made in Canada. The savings is 40 to 70% cheaper. I don't care if something comes China, Japan, Bangladesh, Pakistan or some Third World entity.  I don't support what they do in some Countries but regardless of that fact the savings is what I look for.

Foreign products will be cheaper until the Canadian dollar becomes worthless when Canada produces nothing.

11 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Foreign products will be cheaper until the Canadian dollar becomes worthless when Canada produces nothing.

Canada's manufacturing loss is not due to China, but rather to the US and ...as in the case of vehicle manufacturing, Mexico.

Another California Democrat with hands in the cookie jar!

WWW.MSN.COM

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — The former executive director of California’s largest labor union was booked into jail Friday after she and her husband had their first court appearance on charges including tax...

3 minutes ago, maxfactor said:

Canada's manufacturing loss is not due to China, but rather to the US and ...as in the case of vehicle manufacturing, Mexico.

That's why Canada needs someone like Trump negotiating trade deals for Canada rather than someone like wimpy Trudeau.

Maybe she ought to run for President--she has years of political background and 

She definitely is sharper, brighter, and is a much better speaker than either Biden or Trump,

At least, unlike Biden who now cuts and runs,  she can hold her own when it comes to answering reporters' questions on the fly

WWW.PBS.ORG

The White House insisted Thursday that Congress' inaction on President Joe Biden's climate agenda is "not going to be the defining factor" in the success of crucial U.N. climate talks next month.

5 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

McCabe should be in prison for what he did to help create and promote the Trump/Russia collusion hoax. Maybe Special Prosecutor John Durham has an indictment waiting for Andrew McCabe.:cool:

WWW.MSN.COM

Disgraced former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe was fired in 2018 after the inspector general of the Department of Justice concluded he had leaked classified information and lied to bureau...

48 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

That's why Canada needs someone like Trump negotiating trade deals for Canada rather than someone like wimpy Trudeau.

No its a bit more complicated and historical than that.

When sleeping with an elephant...every twich and grunt is a big deal.