Martina & Alberto - 2022 #12

Noldus

2 hours ago, philo said:

It is interesting that they are still sharing their information with some but not others...those who won't ask further questions I guess.

I will say Philo that it is not fair to the translators for us to question what they report.  Like I said, it takes considerable time to be a good translator.  What are the rewards?  They don't get paid to do this.  

Even simple questions of clarification can be time-consuming and annoying and cause a translator to limit what he/she shares.  Imagine taking an hour or so to listen to one of their arguments, take notes, and enter here.   We should be happy with that.  If we all ask another 20 questions, that is another hour or two of effort.  We  need to  be  mindful  of that.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, girlsfun2 said:

On the other hand, in this situation, Alberto is right to question what he accepts, although he cannot refuse what Martina wants to do (she has her own way of doing things...) but he has to express the limits of such a situation if Martina wants to continue to live with him in this relationship which is already quite special.

Two popular euphemisms we use all the time are meaningful here.  One is the idea of the "slippery slope" and the other is the idea that "you can't put the horse back in the barn" or the "toothpaste back into the tube".  

Martina and Alberto have been close and together for years and the arrival of her bisexuality was an inflection point.  We have all said that Alberto is OK with  her having lesbian flings.  But it appears she wants a lot more and that is the issue, he doesn't want to go that far, or fear (legitmately) of losing her.  Martina has the option to limit everything to a few bisexual flings; however, it seems like she doesn't want to limit herself to just that.   Hence the friction is starting to slowly heat up.

Possibly one reason she moves this off-cam is her sensitivity to her good good friend Alberto.  Fucking someone (even Nelly now) on cam (in any apartment) would just be rubbing her nose into something Alberto is losing patience with.

OF COURSE, we all know Alberto has  done nothing  to improvie his chances with this girl ... none of that is negated by these latest developments.  In fact, he too could rectify this by shaping up his act.   Both of them have decisions to make.

Similarly for Bogdan really.  According to sources, he even encouraged his Nelly to pursue Martina.  Maybe the thinking was that this would be good for business.  And it was!   But I bet he regrets that decision now.

You can't put the toothpaste back into the tube.  Question is where do things go from here?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JenniferMom said:

I will say Philo that it is not fair to the translators for us to question what they report.  Like I said, it takes considerable time to be a good translator.  What are the rewards?  They don't get paid to do this.  

Even simple questions of clarification can be time-consuming and annoying and cause a translator to limit what he/she shares.  Imagine taking an hour or so to listen to one of their arguments, take notes, and enter here.   We should be happy with that.  If we all ask another 20 questions, that is another hour or two of effort.  We  need to  be  mindful  of that.

I agree with everything that you have said. However, my issue has always been a simple preference to have the words translated into English with quotation marks around them. I would rather decide the meaning of those words for myself rather than to have them "interpreted" for me by someone else. Bye the way, the Spanish language is not all that difficult to translate if you have the right dialect dialed in. I tried a translation app at one time that was fairly accurate when it could understand the conversation. But I discarded it because it could only hear a few words out of an entire conversation...the juice just was not worth the squeeze.

Two popular euphemisms we use all the time are meaningful here.  One is the idea of the "slippery slope" and the other is the idea that "you can't put the horse back in the barn" or the "toothpaste back into the tube".  

Martina and Alberto have been close and together for years and the arrival of her bisexuality was an inflection point.  We have all said that Alberto is OK with  her having lesbian flings.  But it appears she wants a lot more and that is the issue, he doesn't want to go that far, or fear (legitmately) of losing her.  Martina has the option to limit everything to a few bisexual flings; however, it seems like she doesn't want to limit herself to just that.   Hence the friction is starting to slowly heat up.

Possibly one reason she moves this off-cam is her sensitivity to her good good friend Alberto.  Fucking someone (even Nelly now) on cam (in any apartment) would just be rubbing her nose into something Alberto is losing patience with.

OF COURSE, we all know Alberto has  done nothing  to improvie his chances with this girl ... none of that is negated by these latest developments.  In fact, he too could rectify this by shaping up his act.   Both of them have decisions to make.

Similarly for Bogdan really.  According to sources, he even encouraged his Nelly to pursue Martina.  Maybe the thinking was that this would be good for business.  And it was!   But I bet he regrets that decision now.

You can't put the toothpaste back into the tube.  Question is where do things go from here?

Again I agree with you except regarding Bogdan and Nelly. I don't think there is any basis for comparing their situation with Martina and Alberto. Nelly had relationships with at least two women that I saw when they were in Russia. She also had a three-way with Masha and another woman on camera. Although she slept naked with a woman on camera in Russia, it was always under the covers. Nelly was developing a new relationship with a woman on camera just when the Russian apartments went off line or we may have seen her do more on camera than kiss and feel tits. On the other hand, Martina has  never shown an on-line history with a woman before Martina which makes the comparison off balanced in my opinion.

25 minutes ago, philo said:

simple preference to have the words translated into English with quotation marks around them.

I get exactly what you want but I don't think you understand how much time this would take.  What we typically get is a summary of the conversation.  To provide a transcript of the spoken words would take even more time than I have been talking about.  Yes I am with you, this would be totally awesome, to get a transcript word-for-word in English.  But this is not possible unless someone is devoted pretty much full time doing transcription.  That is not going to happen.  Look at last night's argument.  It lasted about an hour.  Who is going to listen to this, type it up, play it back several times because undoubtedly things will be missed.  It's just not going to happen.   My expectations are a lot lower, i.e. I would appreciate a simple summary of what they were arguing about, what Martina's POV is, what Alberto's POV is, and how it ended.  YES, a simple explanation opens the door to a lot of interpretations.  But it's better than nothing in my opinion.

So we should indeed be kinder and gentler to our translators because if they are listening and sharing with us, they are not spending time with their families, their loved ones, etc.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, philo said:

Again I agree with you except regarding Bogdan and Nelly. I don't think there is any basis for comparing their situation with Martina and Alberto. Nelly had relationships with at least two women that I saw when they were in Russia. She also had a three-way with Masha and another woman on camera. Although she slept naked with a woman on camera in Russia, it was always under the covers. Nelly was developing a new relationship with a woman on camera just when the Russian apartments went off line or we may have seen her do more on camera than kiss and feel tits.

My point Philo relative to Nelly relates to the "horse is out of the barn".  Yes Nelly had some lesbian sex on cam as part of her work for RLC.  I don't recall anyone saying these were intense relationships.  In fact, with Masha, she was timid/shy.  I think Bogdan is ok with this.  What Bogdan feels threatened by is Nelly's *love* for Martina which is NOT what happened with Nelly's other lesbian encounters.  That's the point, he actually encouraged Nelly and Martina because he thought it would be like Nelly and Masha and others in Russia.  This turned out to be much more and hence is is not easy to put the toothpaste back in the tube.

2 minutes ago, JenniferMom said:

My point Philo relative to Nelly relates to the "horse is out of the barn".  Yes Nelly had some lesbian sex on cam as part of her work for RLC.  I don't recall anyone saying these were intense relationships.  In fact, with Masha, she was timid/shy.  I think Bogdan is ok with this.  What Bogdan feels threatened by is Nelly's *love* for Martina which is NOT what happened with Nelly's other lesbian encounters.  That's the point, he actually encouraged Nelly and Martina because he thought it would be like Nelly and Masha and others in Russia.  This turned out to be much more and hence is is not easy to put the toothpaste back in the tube.

Got it !

4 minutes ago, JenniferMom said:

Look at last night's argument.  It lasted about an hour.  Who is going to listen to this, type it up, play it back several times because undoubtedly things will be missed.

I know I start to wear some of you out, but I need to add:

Yes it would be awesome to get some insight into last night's fight.  But ideally, we need insight and translation on a 24x7 basis.  We are simply not going to get that.  For example, equally important as the fight/argument last night ... what did they say this morning in the hugfest?  All day long little things happen that tell the full story.  Who watches 24x7?  Yeah some of us might be on RLC 24x7 ... but there are over 100 cams!  Who watches every minute of every day of even 1 cast member?  No one.  But for those that do invest effort and time into one cast member ... and there are some here ... they learn a lot.  We have a poster among us that deep-dived into Martina's rings.  He also deep-dived the entire breakup day at the villa last year.  These sorts of snapshots are fascinating and tell as much of a story as a translation of a single big event like last night's fight.  But this work takes A LOT OF TIME.  We need to recognize that.

My point in all of this is again, we need to be nice to the translators, we will never get more than 1% of what is happening.  But that 1% if shared openly, could be very helpful.

I would add that they are not at the same level in their need for a relationship, Alberto is not looking for someone and Martina has always been in search mode. Nothing wrong with that, but they both need to realize that they are at a point where they need to make a decision together. Usually when 2 people complement each other well and are at the same level of need for a relationship, that's when couples form for X amount of time. And there is no guarantee that the same level of relationship need will not change over time. Alberto and Martina are there. 

Another example that I like less by the way, is the older men who go back to hunting for a younger woman and get rid of their spouse but that's another story but it shows what happens when the needs become out of phase.

Martina will surely seek advice from Nelly who she trusts. A private meeting will take place, I have no doubt. You know, between women, we have that special connection of understanding.  

3 minutes ago, girlsfun2 said:

Alberto is not looking for someone

Oh girlfriend, really?  Yes yes of course he is not looking.  He thinks the deal is done.  The whole issue here is he is not investing in the relationship to the extent Martina feels he should be.  So yes he's not looking, but that is because in his mind he has a happy life ever-after with his long-time lover Martina.  But they are not on the same page.

6 minutes ago, JenniferMom said:

I get exactly what you want but I don't think you understand how much time this would take.  What we typically get is a summary of the conversation.  To provide a transcript of the spoken words would take even more time than I have been talking about.  Yes I am with you, this would be totally awesome, to get a transcript word-for-word in English.  But this is not possible unless someone is devoted pretty much full time doing transcription.  That is not going to happen.  Look at last night's argument.  It lasted about an hour.  Who is going to listen to this, type it up, play it back several times because undoubtedly things will be missed.  It's just not going to happen.   My expectations are a lot lower, i.e. I would appreciate a simple summary of what they were arguing about, what Martina's POV is, what Alberto's POV is, and how it ended.  YES, a simple explanation opens the door to a lot of interpretations.  But it's better than nothing in my opinion.

So we should indeed be kinder and gentler to our translators because if they are listening and sharing with us, they are not spending time with their families, their loved ones, etc.

Honestly, what we need is for RLC or someone else to establish some apartments in the US!  I guarantee there are plenty of girls over here that would jump at the chance to be a participant in a nice place on a California, Florida or Hawaiian beach.  Don't care if it's run by an European host, but if they're in the US, we won't have to learn Valencian, Catalian, Spanish, Russian or anything else.  I, for one, would immediately switch to a site like that where I could understand EVERYTHING the participants are saying.  Savvy? 😉

• Like 1