Martina & Alberto - 2022 #12

Noldus

22 minutes ago, JenniferMom said:

The best way to cut down the crazy speculations is to shed more light on what is happening.

Or to just acknowledge that couples have fights and move on (which they did).  So should you 😉

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, JenniferMom said:

I disagree Moos.  I think most of us believe our translators and love their input.  I know I do.  

It pains me to say this, but I think our translators are somewhat biased either intentionally (I hope not) or simply because it takes a lot of time to listen and write and they don’t catch it all.  We should ALL be grateful for the time this takes.

But the reason I am skeptical is because for whatever reason it seems like we don’t get the full story.  Like now, they have had some arguments and you can see there is a lot of tension in their relationship right now.  It’s very visible, so visible that @Deepdave quickly reports about the big hug and maybe they are behind their spat.  But have we heard of anything about their argument?  What they are fighting about?  We have no insight here.

Yet the other day Martina is crying and sobbing and we quickly hear in minutes that her dad has prostate cancer.

Again it pains me to say this but I wonder why we don’t hear translations that may not put them in the best of light.  The best way to cut down the crazy speculations is to shed more light on what is happening.

These two are a good couple but it feels like things are unraveling.

I know that we should not put all the members in the same basket but if we look at things in the face, it is often because of some that things change for everyone, it is something that is true in all areas of our lives

I easily understand that the guys are fed up with being insulted as a liar or that their words are distorted or that their impartiality is questioned when they do hard work to transcribe what they hear

For my part, most of the information given by the translators has been verified, which gives them credit and that they do not hide information as you imply.

How long did you wait before getting the information on Martina's father's poor health, it didn't happen right away, we had to wait few hours to get this information , and we could see a lot of pretty crazy theory about her in this time 

The fact that they do not necessarily write on the public forum anymore does not mean that they have disappeared or that they do not give information to other members, except that they probably prefer to choose the people to who they can tell things

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JenniferMom said:

I disagree Moos.  I think most of us believe our translators and love their input.  I know I do.  

It pains me to say this, but I think our translators are somewhat biased either intentionally (I hope not) or simply because it takes a lot of time to listen and write and they don’t catch it all.  We should ALL be grateful for the time this takes.

But the reason I am skeptical is because for whatever reason it seems like we don’t get the full story.  Like now, they have had some arguments and you can see there is a lot of tension in their relationship right now.  It’s very visible, so visible that @Deepdave quickly reports about the big hug and maybe they are behind their spat.  But have we heard of anything about their argument?  What they are fighting about?  We have no insight here.

Yet the other day Martina is crying and sobbing and we quickly hear in minutes that her dad has prostate cancer.

Again it pains me to say this but I wonder why we don’t hear translations that may not put them in the best of light.  The best way to cut down the crazy speculations is to shed more light on what is happening.

These two are a good couple but it feels like things are unraveling.

Perfectly said and I'm in total agreement.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, moos54 said:

The fact that they do not necessarily write on the public forum anymore does not mean that they have disappeared or that they do not give information to other members, except that they probably prefer to choose the people to who they can tell things

I hear you and I thank you for your thoughtful reply.  It was not easy writing that post because I do indeed admire @emnv and @omedo and the others.  But in what I have quoted above from you post, I think you are making my point.  The act of sharing with certain people and not everyone is in fact example of bias itself.  It distorts the collective understanding of what we are seeing in these apartments.

We all get uncomfortable with the crazy speculations made by a few here.  I will say except for a tiny few these speculations although they might be misguided, they appear heartfelt.   There are only a few here that are outright hostile and one of the worst offenders I understand has been recently removed.    If the people who are critical and even hostile to the crazy speculators are in the group that is getting the real truth in the back room, that doesn't seem right at all.

I get it that the criticism the translators receive is terrrible and based on the time it takes to be a good translator, one quickly feels this is a thankless job.  I totally get that.  But I will continue to believe that the solution to all of this is to share more and be nice to each other.   I think everyone's heart is in the right place.

• Like 3

My own feeling is that the relationship between Martina and Alberto is winding down. I believe RLC would be smart to contact Martina now and make her an offer for her own apartment, before the possibility arises that they could lose her forever. That would not be good for RLC or for us. I didn't understand it but that was a nasty argument last night.

• Sad 1

Put yourself in the picture when you realize that you feel extremely well with someone and that you develop deep feelings and affinities and that this person also shares the same feelings: you end up wanting to be always in the presence of this person to deepen this bond that is very dear to you. Now, add the fact that you are already with someone who doesn't count as much this kind of needs. This is Martina's situation, she wants to keep Alberto because it gives her an emotional stability that is quite interesting, but she also wants to find true love that really fulfills her needs. This is the essence of human nature and everyone experiences it.

On the other hand, in this situation, Alberto is right to question what he accepts, although he cannot refuse what Martina wants to do (she has her own way of doing things...) but he has to express the limits of such a situation if Martina wants to continue to live with him in this relationship which is already quite special. The fact that he has to 'share' Martina more and more with others is not the basis for a respectful relationship in a couple. And this sharing becomes more and more absences of Martina which puts him in a delicate position. Yes, needs of affections and sex are fulfilled here but there is not only that which unites a couple, there is something deeper. 

It is not necessary to hide it, the more time, especially at night, that your spouse spends with someone else can only put a fertile ground for the discovery of a love even more true. And that, Martina understands perfectly, that's her goal.

The 'emotional' point of view of a woman...

Big kiss to you all !

• Upvote 3

Looks like we still are struggling with understanding the difference between a translator and an interpreter. I won't criticize those who don't have the strength to defend their assertions in a public way. It speaks to their level of confidence if it won't stand up to simple questions. It is interesting that they are still sharing their information with some but not others...those who won't ask further questions I guess.

46 minutes ago, girlsfun2 said:

Put yourself in the picture when you realize that you feel extremely well with someone and that you develop deep feelings and affinities and that this person also shares the same feelings: you end up wanting to be always in the presence of this person to deepen this bond that is very dear to you. Now, add the fact that you are already with someone who doesn't count as much this kind of needs. This is Martina's situation, she wants to keep Alberto because it gives her an emotional stability that is quite interesting, but she also wants to find true love that really fulfills her needs. This is the essence of human nature and everyone experiences it.

On the other hand, in this situation, Alberto is right to question what he accepts, although he cannot refuse what Martina wants to do (she has her own way of doing things...) but he has to express the limits of such a situation if Martina wants to continue to live with him in this relationship which is already quite special. The fact that he has to 'share' Martina more and more with others is not the basis for a respectful relationship in a couple. And this sharing becomes more and more absences of Martina which puts him in a delicate position. Yes, needs of affections and sex are fulfilled here but there is not only that which unites a couple, there is something deeper. 

It is not necessary to hide it, the more time, especially at night, that your spouse spends with someone else can only put a fertile ground for the discovery of a love even more true. And that, Martina understands perfectly, that's her goal.

The 'emotional' point of view of a woman...

Big kiss to you all !

Whatever may have happened seemed to have taken all of Martina's energy. She still has not recovered and continues to sleep away the day after the night. I hope whatever she was on is not still lingering. She was unsteady on her feet for a while and got on the floor a lot so as not to loose her balance it seems. She should stick to alcohol, since it leaves a hangover sometimes but at least you can get back to normal rather quickly.

9 hours ago, moos54 said:

All couples go through ups and downs in their relationship but that does not mean that they separate, precisely certain difficulties strengthen the relationship.

Any couple has their up and down moments but not every couple fools around on their partner they've been with for years. 

It will take it's toll someday. Martina can't live in Fairytale Land forever.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 4