RLC

HarleyFatboy

I quit those filthy cigarettes 8 years ago and never looked back. You just have to condition your mind to think and know that it's gross, disgusting and it stinks. I can smell a smoker a few blocks away now. Had I known I stunk like that, I would have quit many years ago.

I saved all of the money I would have spent on cigarettes for about 4 years before I couldn't stand to drive my pick up any longer due to the smell that you could never get out of it. All of that money, about $8/day went into a box, I simply stuffed $60/wk in the box. When I broke it open, I went out,plunked it down and bought/ordered a brand new Ford F150 Platinum with all of the toys. 4 years later, it still smells brand new inside.

The other stuff? I plead the 5th.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like you canito, but due to your head being so far up their asses you totally chose not to see my point!  I tell you what I'm going to do, I'm going to leave this circus act with all of you defenders and allow bookmaster to come back, he is one of y'all and is not participating because of me!  But when all is said and done and the truth in time rears it's ugly head with these girls, just remember who told you so!!  I'll be watching but I won't be talking!!

It's like anything else SC, when you are ready to quit you will quit.  It's all a mindset and when your mind is ready you will quit!

Actually addiction is more than just a mind set alone. Addicts say repeatedly they are going to quit but it is beyond their free will. Denial is deeply ingrained. The best way to avoid relapse is to avoid the environment that encourages the behavior. If that is not followed further help may be needed. 

Actually addiction is more than just a mind set alone. Addicts say repeatedly they are going to quit but it is beyond their free will. Denial is deeply ingrained. The best way to avoid relapse is to avoid the environment that encourages the behavior. If that is not followed further help may be needed.

I was in the Hospital for a week back in March and it never bothered me once to be without them. But the minute I got back home, that's the first thing that went to my mouth was the cigarette.

I go to visit my family sometimes for a week just to get out of the City and never smoke the whole time I am there because no one there smokes. It's just when I get home in front of the computer.

Guess I do it just out of being bored with nothing to do.

I don't know what your problem with me is but I hope one day you figure it out!  I know I said I wouldn't talk and here I am talking in the Rants and Flame Wars section.  I really should have made myself more clear than I did!  When I said I wouldn't be talking it was for the threads under the apartments, and there is allot I would like to say under certain threads but will not as to encourage more participation from other members.

I was an addict and yes you are right about avoiding the environment to a certain degree.  What made me quit was a really low, dark, confined feeling I had one day.  It allowed me to get in the right mindset and that's all it took, and to this day I can be around friends from those days that are still using and not once has it ever made me want to start again!  If the mind is not right, you will never quit!!!

I tend to agree with dfCcap. If it doesn't come from within, but by trying to restrict your environment, you'll relapse the first chance you get.

We can't always control our environment or circumstances. The only thing we can control is our attitude towards them.

I think that when SC goes into his house he smells the trigger. Unless you can condition your mind to really hate all aspects, you have the possibility of slipping. All my friends smoke, I was driving a truck in which the night driver smoked. It was very hard to get away from.

I told nobody what I was doing. I didn't want the harassment, I wanted to do it on my own. It was my birthday, June XX 2007 and I was drunk. The wife was away on business, so no one to help me out. I ran out of smokes and simply passed out with the drunken idea that I was going to quit. I surely couldn't drive to the store, I may still be in jail. That night was the last night I smoked. The first 3 days were the hardest. I stayed away from booze and didn't go out anywhere but to work.

When my wire returned, we were laying in bed and she just said, 'Thank you'. Puzzled I said, 'For what?' She said for not stinking like an ashtray. She was happy to kiss me now and didn't have to hold her breath. That was enough for me. I still told her that I just didn't have any smokes, but she knew. My skin didn't stink, my hair, breath, hands, etc..., didn't stink. I haven't touched them since.

It was a son-of-a-bitch to do, but I did it and would never go back. EVER.

Next time I need to buy Tobacco, I'll buy Scotch Mints instead. Try that way.  When feel like a smoke have a mint instead.  I just got 10 bags(cartons) the other day on the Indian Reservation. $10 for a bag of 200 cigarettes compared to buying the same stuff locally cost about $90 for the same amount.

Most of them will be gone by the middle of the month. There about 4 girls in the building I am in when they come looking for a bag of smokes, I know they have no money and with them being on Welfare the chances of them being able to pay is slim or next to nothing for collecting the $10.  They know if they want them they have to give be a Blow Job to get that bag. They don't seem to have a problem with that.

This month I'll tell them I have a special.  If you swallow then you gett 2 bags instead of 1.

Then just tell them after the end of September there will be no more cigarettes.

Was good while it lasted.

There are a couple other girls up on the 5th floor that will do it but you have to pay them $30 before they'll give some lip service.

I'm sure you can come up with something that will keep them coming back to do the deed!  Just be creative, you're a sharp guy, you will figure something out!!  I like the attitude already though, "was good while it lasted"!!

Good luck SC and I know you will have support from me and others from this forum!

I'm sure you can come up with something that will keep them coming back to do the deed!  Just be creative, you're a sharp guy, you will figure something out!!  I like the attitude already though, "was good while it lasted"!!

Good luck SC and I know you will have support from me and others from this forum!

I guess I could still get the smokes from the Indian Reservation. I'll just have to stay away from them for my own personal use.

I guess I could still get the smokes from the Indian Reservation. I'll just have to stay away from them for my own personal use.

Yes you could if your mind is right!  If your mind isn't right it will never work though.  If you gave them money for them to get their own smokes, what would they do with the money?  I am not worried about you getting your BJ's, I know you will still get them and they might even be better!

Archived