Another US School Shooting

rammer

5 minutes ago, Thestarider said:

As for the president’s assessment that "a majority of Americans agree" with the assault-weapons ban, we went to the polls for answers.

The poll includes three pertinent questions about weapons bans:

-- Would you support or oppose a law requiring a nationwide ban on semi-automatic handguns, which automatically reload every time the trigger is pulled?
Fifty-one percent of all adults said yes; 46 percent said no. Fifty percent of registered voters said yes; 47 percent said no.

-- Would you support or oppose a law requiring a nationwide ban on high-capacity ammunition clips, meaning those containing more than 10 bullets?
Sixty-five percent of all adults said they supported a ban; 32 percent opposed. Those same numbers applied to registered voters.

-- Would you support or oppose a law requiring a nationwide ban on the sale of assault weapons?
Fifty-eight percent of all adults supported a ban; 39 percent opposed. Fifty-nine percent of registered voters supported a ban; 38 percent opposed.

Where do you stand ?

First of i DON'T own any assault rifles, i have semi-auto rifles, that fire a round every time the trigger is pulled & released. I haven't heard of any truck or fertilizer bans, so why would we need a gun ban ??

22 minutes ago, SPYING 1 said:

Harley, if these weak minded people give in to the demon-crats and let them ban the ar-15, what's going to happen when the thugs & terrorist use ak-47 ???

I agree 100%, it will never end with some people thinking that banning the automatic weapons or any gun for that matter is the answer.  It's not the guns fault but the individual behind it!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HarleyFatboy said:

I agree 100%, it will never end with some people thinking that banning the automatic weapons or any gun for that matter is the answer.  It's not the guns fault but the individual behind it!!

The demon-crats blame the guns whenever one is used in a murder, not the madman that used the gun, but the demon-crats didn't blame the airplanes when the muslim used them on 9/11, or the trucks, or the fertilizers in OKLAHOMA CITY ?? You can't reason with the demon-crats

• Like 1

It's also possible to argue that the shooting in Florida is more reason for law abiding citizens to have guns for their own protection.Gun free zones just guarantee that the people in these locations will have no way to protect themselves.Why do you think cowardly shooters like this kid attack schools,churches,theaters,concerts and other places where they know people will be defenseless?Why don't they attack police stations?Maybe because they know the police are armed?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

It's illegal to own a fully automatic assault weapon in the U.S.

yes it is, but they are so easy to convert especially with a bump stock. Can anyone tell me why you would need an assault weapon to protect yourself or your family ? A rifle, or any hand gun the shoots a clip should suffice. shouldn't it ? A shot gun that holds five to seven shells will do plenty of damage to anyone who is threating you or your family, I know there are many including my son who like these kinds of weapons, but honestly I don't see the need for them in ordinary public hands.

• Like 1

Just now, Thestarider said:

yes it is, but they are so easy to convert especially with a bump stock. Can anyone tell me why you would need an assault weapon to protect yourself or your family ? A rifle, or any hand gun the shoots a clip should suffice. shouldn't it ? A shot gun that holds five to seven shells will do plenty of damage to anyone who is threating you or your family, I know there are many including my son who like these kinds of weapons, but honestly I don't see the need for them in ordinary public hands.

And once those weapons are illegal and the shootings continue there will be cries from the left for more and more bans until they get what they really want,a ban of all guns.

Just now, Ridgerunner said:

And once those weapons are illegal and the shootings continue there will be cries from the left for more and more bans until they get what they really want,a ban of all guns.

That will never happen ridgerunner, the US supreme court will not let that happen, at least not for the 30 years as it a constitutional court.

• Like 1