Another US School Shooting

rammer

I live in America and I don't own a gun. I however support the second amendment (My grandfather was a police chief)  and don't think we should be penalizing good gun owners for poor mishandling by criminals . We have plenty of gun laws but they aren't enforced properly .  Today was an instance where that kid's dad should have locked up his guns. Parkland was a fuck up by law enforcement and the FBI  and a misuse of Obama's  well -intentioned  plan to keep young mostly black kids from being put in jail too early.   My feeling is the Twitterization and Youtubeization of America has led to many of youth thinking they all need their  own 15 minutes of fame and many days these youth spend their days playing Call of Duty and other shooting games wondering how to be noticed . Being ignored on Snapchat or Instagram or Twitter or somewhere else (like school)  leads them to calling out for attention anyway they can get it, including shooting your classmates. . There's more softening of  values in these kids where everyone gets a participation trophy. The  criminals and robbers in the past that might have killed one guy in a back alley  has graduated to mass murder of schoolkids as a result of what they have been  taught  in their lives. 

I  believe all  these schools need to consolidate the number of entrances to the schools and use metal detectors and hire more security officers to guard the entrances . If you notice almost all of these shootings happen in a suburban school setting and not a school like in NYC. Why? Because those NYC schools all have metal detectors. No one thinks of bringing weapons there. The decay of morality i see isn't  going away so i think we have to take drastic steps in other at security, even if it seems unseemly in a suburban setting.  You could stop future AR-15 sales (which had nothing to do with today)  but I'd stop at the idea of taking them away from legal gun owners who haven't broken any laws.

1 minute ago, rammer said:

Lack of parental control is number 1.  Lack of processes to identify and  proactively deal with these people before a shooting happens is number 3.  But the number 1 problem is guns.  We all grew up and had issues with our classmates.  When it got to the point where it was intolerable we beat the shit out of each other.  No guns and no knives.  There was no one who had a gun back then.  Now there is access one way or another for  children to access guns to settle there issues.  Guns vs. fists.  Black eye vs. death. 

Agreed, mostly with your comments, 1. is definitely parental control and how the kids are being brought up and the lack of morality they are taught. Everyone here had guns when I grew up. but I live in the Midwest, and Kids start hunting at a young age around here.

2. is what they are exposed to at a very young age. VIOLENCE is everywhere for them to see and take in and process. That is the first process control that needs to corrected.

3. Morals and Ethics are almost non existent in today's youth, and starts with school prayer, and recognition of GOD in the schools as well as at home and taught by the parents.

4. We need to teach the Kids about History in the damn schools, They don't teach American/World history anymore past the 70's and 80's They don't teach about the Civil War, The Viet Nam War, The Korean War, or even very little about World War 2. School curriculum is one of the biggest issues.

If I wasn't fixing dinner, I would go on and on, but I think you get the drift, this is not Political.

• Like 1

“To conquer a nation, first disarm its citizens.” ― Adolf Hitler ! 

We have enough gun control. What we need is idiot control. In my world, you don’t get to call yourself “pro-life” and be against common-sense gun control, like banning public access to the kind of semiautomatic assault rifle, designed for warfare, that was used recently. No matter how much screening you do of gun applicants, there will always be a shooting somewhere. Not all people are bad you know, but with today's society anything can set anyone off. It could be your best friend! It could be the little old lady down at the bingo hall! It could be a kid who gets bullied at school and his dad has a gun collection! It could be a police officer who has had a bad day! It could be Leora, from RLC! (I have NO clue, why that name pop into my head) It could even be you! And don't say that you would never do it, because let's admit it, in this day and age society can't guarantee anyone's peace of mind. The only way to protect your children, is for once pay attention to their needs and educate them about safety in general. But NO, we are too busy chatting online with our friends. Who gets the blame, Gun owners... Stand up for your children! Don't let them lay down and die because of laziness, help them develop their minds.. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ipiratemedia said:

“To conquer a nation, first disarm its citizens.” ― Adolf Hitler ! 

We have enough gun control. What we need is idiot control. In my world, you don’t get to call yourself “pro-life” and be against common-sense gun control, like banning public access to the kind of semiautomatic assault rifle, designed for warfare, that was used recently. No matter how much screening you do of gun applicants, there will always be a shooting somewhere. Not all people are bad you know, but with today's society anything can set anyone off. It could be your best friend! It could be the little old lady down at the bingo hall! It could be a kid who gets bullied at school and his dad has a gun collection! It could be a police officer who has had a bad day! It could be your girlfriend because you didn't notice that she had a new hairstyle! It could even be you! And don't say that you would never do it, because let's admit it, in this day and age society can't guarantee anyone's peace of mind. The only way to protect your children, is for once pay attention to their needs and educate them about safety in general. But NO, I'm too busy chatting on line with all of my friends. Who gets the blame, Gun owners.. Stand up for your children! Don't let them lay down and die because of your laziness in not helping them to develop their minds. 

The real dangers to the US can not be fought with weapons any more. Who do you want to shoot, when the greatest threat to freedom and justice is sitting in the White House already. 

No. These children die for the sake of stubborn idiots who misunderstood the idea of freedom itself. Currently, the path to freedom is the search for the truth. 

On 5/27/2018 at 8:29 AM, Alladino said:

No. These children die for the sake of stubborn idiots who misunderstood the idea of freedom itself. Currently, the path to freedom is the search for the truth.

What truth are you searching for, when the Venom of a snake has blinded your vision? I know we have our own beliefs and opinions Alladino. (cool name) I'm not going to lie, I like to debate. And you know what? I'm good at it. I talk about Mr.Trump and his policies most days, and I'm not afraid to go head-to-head with any minions. What we need, is to stop being controlled by self-minions. (meaning all politicians) Let’s be clear: These aren’t normal times. Reasonable standards of decency don’t apply.

Isn't crazy how the USA used to be one landscape. Now we have our own size and shape. I don't think I can take more of the thunder yelling, its loudest roar of the lightning is striking my heart. Since the country continues to split apart, and how many more Kids need to die, I too, wonder why? I wonder how many families cry because the till is filled. We fight for exposure and attention, Civil War in Syria, no American intervention, We want new shoes, followers, and clothes, North Korean leadership, all expression opposed. Teens are smoking dope, while families will miss seventeen Parkland Kids. How about we think twice before we complain; give thanks, rejoice; soon we won't remain. You cannot win a debate with someone who does not want to look beyond their own experience. Each of us makes decisions based on his or her own life experiences, and each of us is limited by what we have and have not experienced. One person’s reality is not the same as another’s. (boy I learn that the HARD way) The best solution to this problem is education. Takes time and most people don’t have the time to educate there Kids or themselves thoroughly. There is no reason why Kids have to die! 

I can't show you what I've been thru, and I can only show you what I look like. I can't show you what its like to be me, and I can show you what I want. I can only show you. It's up to you what you'll think of me. It's up to you how you'll perceive me. It's up to you what you'll believe. It's up to you. Just know that it's been hard, but I've made it this far. Just remember, we've all been told were equal, yet we've been treated otherwise. We should not fight with our brothers left or right, for we sleep under the same sky. So know. Humanity still has Hope, and no more Kids have to die. Peace Joey

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ipiratemedia said:

What truth are you searching for when the Venom of a snake has blinded your vision? I know we have our own beliefs and opinions Alladino. (cool name) I'm not going to lie, and I like to debate. And you know what? I'm good at it. I talk about Mr.Trump and his policies most days, and I'm not afraid to go head-to-head with any minions. We need to stop being controlled by self-minions. (meaning politicians) Let’s be clear: These aren’t normal times. Reasonable standards of decency don’t apply. Crazy how the USA used to be one landscape. Now we have our own size and shape. I don't think I can take more of the thunder yelling its loudest roar of the lightning is striking my heart. Since the country continues to split apart, and how many more need to die, I too, wonder why? I wonder how many families cry because the till is filled. We fight for exposure and attention, Civil War in Syria, no American intervention, We want new shoes, followers, and clothes, North Korean leadership, all expression opposed. Teens are smoking dope, while families will miss seventeen Parkland Kids. How about we think twice before we complain; give thanks, rejoice; soon we won't remain. 

You cannot win a debate with someone who does not want to look beyond their own experience. Each of us makes decisions based on his or her own life experiences, and each of us is limited by what we have and have not experienced. One person’s reality is not the same as another’s. (boy I learn that the HARD way) The best solution to this problem is education. Takes time and most people don’t have the time to educate there Kids or themselves thoroughly. There is no reason  why Kids have to die! 

I can't show you what I've been thru, and I can only show you what I look like. I can't show you what its like to be me, and I can show you what I want. I can only show you. It's up to you what you'll think of me. It's up to you how you'll perceive me. It's up to you what you'll believe. It's up to you. Just know that it's been hard, but I've made it this far. Just remember, we've all been told were equal, yet we've been treated otherwise. We should not fight with our brothers left or right, for we sleep under the same sky. So know. Humanity still has Hope. Peace Joe

19.gif.70ac8180d3d86b0772078377b18a6d6f.gif

Listen to Joey, he's very wise & knowledgeable 

• Like 1

LMAO! Thanks for the gesture. The truth is, there are a lot of people here that are knowledgeable, including Alladino in his own right. There are simple things in life that we all need to embrace. Republicans and Democrats alike. Why the separation? Are we not trying to come to a consensus? Are we not all trying to make sense of all these killings? We are all in this together. We should all be united. We are one country. One people with a similar goal. We all want whats better for the Kids. That is what we all aim for, isn't it? This world is filled with iniquity, vanity, popularity, anger, and vain ambitions. But there is also happiness, fairness, peace, love, equality, and harmony. We wish so much to get to one place. We have divided ourselves into two. We have decided to turn away from each other. Instead of looking for the good in each other. We fight for one cause. We can’t seem to find that cause. We are a great country who can only become better. It is our duty, our right and should be our desire to do so. America has become that arrogant child. Which every good mother would give a good spanking, but for a country.. I want it to work out. How about you?