BREX(SH)IT

Just now, Maturin said:

Hear hear. It is absolutley disgusting that the right wing parasites in Westminster can fuck around with the constitution in order to take the UK out of the EU yet not give Scotland the chance to reasses its position within the UK after that fact. And I say that as an Englishman that believes the UK is (or has the potential to be) much better united than divided.

I quite agree we are better United, try telling that to the English hating SNP morons.

2 minutes ago, Robwin said:

I quite agree we are better United, try telling that to the English hating SNP morons.

They don't hate the English, they hate the shit deal that Scotland will get from the predominately English backed Brexit debacle.

2 minutes ago, Robwin said:

You are way of the mark with this one.

You have seriously let yourself down with the second part of your post.

That is a step too far pal.👎👎👎👎

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dave 27 said:

You are way of the mark with this one.

You have seriously let yourself down with the second part of your post.

That is a step too far pal.👎👎👎👎

I don't hate the English at all and would never call them morons.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dave 27 said:

I don't hate the English at all and would never call them morons.

Don't hate the Scottish either I was referring to those morons the SNP who seem to be causing quite a debacle quite well on their own. I know quite a few Scots who would use even harsher language against them.

12 minutes ago, Maturin said:

They don't hate the English, they hate the shit deal that Scotland will get from the predominately English backed Brexit debacle.

Thought you wanted a united kingdom you can't have it both ways you know.

Not sure what this has to do with brexit but here are a few home truths although I really dont know why I am bothering. Firstly the SNP does not represent our scottish friends, only some of them. Our ties predate the SNP. Secondly there would be instant capital flight in the event of independence as the UK could never allow another country to use sterling and the BoE as a bank of last resort. Therefore scotland would have to beg the EU for the Euro and join the acquis. Problem is the EU would refuse. The last thing they need is another economic basket case country joining at the expense of the complaining donor members. Besides the scottish economy would not be accepted on fiscal grounds (they have already exceeded the stability pact lending ratio). Finally to recognise scotland joining would weaken spains position regarding the basque population and they would veto membership. As it is under the barnet formula the scots gets more per head than the english or the welsh (but not NI) but I happen to think that a price worth paying as many of our scottish friends live fairly remotely and are more expensive to support. Finally it is a bit rich saying that you want to be able to vote on scottish issues in scotland when the scottish members are allowed to vote sometimes on issues that dont concern scotland in parliament. To summarise, this a complex subject too complex for emotion to play any part in it. Peoples welfare and livelihoods are at stake,

17 minutes ago, squish said:

Not sure what this has to do with brexit but here are a few home truths although I really dont know why I am bothering. Firstly the SNP does not represent our scottish friends, only some of them. Our ties predate the SNP. Secondly there would be instant capital flight in the event of independence as the UK could never allow another country to use sterling and the BoE as a bank of last resort. Therefore scotland would have to beg the EU for the Euro and join the acquis. Problem is the EU would refuse. The last thing they need is another economic basket case country joining at the expense of the complaining donor members. Besides the scottish economy would not be accepted on fiscal grounds (they have already exceeded the stability pact lending ratio). Finally to recognise scotland joining would weaken spains position regarding the basque population and they would veto membership. As it is under the barnet formula the scots gets more per head than the english or the welsh (but not NI) but I happen to think that a price worth paying as many of our scottish friends live fairly remotely and are more expensive to support. Finally it is a bit rich saying that you want to be able to vote on scottish issues in scotland when the scottish members are allowed to vote sometimes on issues that dont concern scotland in parliament. To summarise, this a complex subject too complex for emotion to play any part in it. Peoples welfare and livelihoods are at stake,

The SNP doesn't represent "our Scottish friends"  -eh? They are Scotland's governing party and have 50 odd seats at Westminster which they rightly use to advance Scottish interests as they see fit. 

All the rest of your post is stuff that you're parroting from the various LBC radio phone-ins or Daily Mail propaganda, nobody thinks that you're an expert on the economic, political and cultural impact of Scottish secession.

You've got no credibility to pontificate in such a greasy, patronising manner mate, so yeah, I don't know why you bother either.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, squish said:

Well said @squish , yes it is a very emotive issue and to argue it on sentiment is to ignore the true economic truths. So bearing that in mind I am out, thank you for your intuitive contribution. Hope I haven't made any spelling errors or I will have my pal Dave breathing fire at me.xxxx

• Like 1