BREX(SH)IT

2 minutes ago, Alladino said:

Sorry. That's a little too silly for me.

Johnson is one of the triggers or amplifiers of the BREXIT process. There is currently no one else with a greater influence to the process. His ability or inability is part of BREXIT.

Again: All this belongs together and influences each other. BREXIT is largely a result of populism. 

Europe has many issues, even with only a few being discussed here. Johnson is PM just due to BREXIT. The whole thing can't be separated, it's one topic.

Some factual inaccuracies here but I shall not rise to them. Need to stick to process.

2 minutes ago, squish said:

The golden irony is that Donald Tusk offered Teresa May a free trade deal fairly early on in the negotiations but amazingly she turned it down. How different things would be now had she had the wit to consider it. The other stunning fact is that the EU was relaxed about the Backstop but Robbins and May 'invented'

the issue. The DUP leader also confirms this. Teresa then tries to cover her tracks by saying 'No British PM could ever accept it.' Small wonder Robbins did a Cameron when the surrender treaty failed in the house.

If it was only about trade it would be so easy wouldn't it. Unfortunately there are many more issues involved one of which is to not be under EU control as their whole purpose is to build an empire of which all are under Brussels control. We were all lied to when we joined, being under the illusion we were joining a common market club but no, it was much more devious than than and to be honest I fail to understand why any UK politicians agreed to it as they all knew where it was heading.

1 minute ago, Robwin said:

If it was only about trade it would be so easy wouldn't it. Unfortunately there are many more issues involved one of which is to not be under EU control as their whole purpose is to build an empire of which all are under Brussels control. We were all lied to when we joined, being under the illusion we were joining a common market club but no, it was much more devious than than and to be honest I fail to understand why any UK politicians agreed to it as they all knew where it was heading.

Most MP's will go for the easy 'do nothing' option if they can get away with it. However you may recall the European elections when I think the Conservatives got panned by UKIP. Cameron realised that UKIP would prosper and was obliged to offer a referendum to 'shoot the UKIP fox.' Being a politician he made a virtue of it but in reality it was the only way to stem a perceived electoral haemorrhage. As for process nothing has really changed despite all the noise. Yes the Benn bill could be a problem but it is not without some solutions. The fact remains that the countdown cannot be stopped and no political party wants to take responsibility for doing so. 

6 minutes ago, squish said:

Most MP's will go for the easy 'do nothing' option if they can get away with it. However you may recall the European elections when I think the Conservatives got panned by UKIP. Cameron realised that UKIP would prosper and was obliged to offer a referendum to 'shoot the UKIP fox.' Being a politician he made a virtue of it but in reality it was the only way to stem a perceived electoral haemorrhage. As for process nothing has really changed despite all the noise. Yes the Benn bill could be a problem but it is not without some solutions. The fact remains that the countdown cannot be stopped and no political party wants to take responsibility for doing so. 

Political all over the shop. Thanks guys for killing this thread.

28 minutes ago, squish said:

Quite agree they are all a bunch of scumbags only thinking of themselves. Yes Boris has not always got the politically bs turn of phrase but to give him some credit he is at least trying to get us out of this polically corrupt organisation while everyone one else is throwing daggers at him. Cameron was so far up his own ass the actual thought that no one would disagree with him was so alien to him and the elite they all thought they were on a winner no problem. Well the genie is out of the bottle now and it won't be going back.

4 hours ago, Robwin said:

The last time I looked Brexit is about European issues so we shall continue to discuss whatever is relevant on here thankyou very much which will probably include the behaviour of politicians whatever their ilk. 👍 And you don't have to fucking shout either we are not blind lol

A wee bit of an oxymoron going on there"You don't have to shout either we are not blind"????? Yes/no😀

11 minutes ago, Dave 27 said:

A wee bit of an oxymoron going on there"You don't have to shout either we are not blind"????? Yes/no😀

Smartass arguments are very funny but doesn't get away from the point I was trying make is that when one posts it doesn't have to be in 6ft high text, that is just one form of bullying. No doubt I shall get a smartass reply about the text size not being 6ft 😁😁😁

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Smartass arguments are very funny but doesn't get away from the point I was trying make is that when one posts it doesn't have to be in 6ft high text, that is just one form of bullying. No doubt I shall get a smartass reply about the text size not being 6ft 😁😁😁

You'll never get a smartass reply from me pal.😀

But as far as the 6ft text is concerned I've told you a million times before to stop exaggerating😀😀

• Like 1

On 9/12/2019 at 2:31 AM, Robwin said:

Well what would you expect from the scots? most likely following the poison dwarfs orders lool

Just found this just now.

If it was Nicola(which obviously wasn't)she got it spot on.

See we are not as thick as shit as you think we are👍👍 👍

Hopefully one day us thick Scots will be as highly intelligent as you superior english😀

PS.Waiting for your "just as long as you know it " reply or something similar pal.😀

40 minutes ago, Dave 27 said:

Just found this just now.

If it was Nicola(which obviously wasn't)she got it spot on.

See we are not as thick as shit as you think we are👍👍 👍

Hopefully one day us thick Scots will be as highly intelligent as you superior english😀

PS.Waiting for your "just as long as you know it " reply or something similar pal.😀

To be honest I find those remarks rather insulting as I would never say the Scots are as thick as shit or the English are superior. Sounds as though you are believing the SNP'S bullshit propaganda again. They are just a very devious and decisive bunch who are not doing Scotland any favours at all by peddling obnoxious views.