BREX(SH)IT

56 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Oooohh naughty englanders eh. Not being superior at all just looking at things logically in my view but then obviously yours is different which is your perogative. Scotland's national debt is going out of control if you believe the economists so if you should lose the subsidies you get from the english parliament there would have to be severe cut backs by your parliament which could only be, initially, many if the freebies you now enjoy like free uni fees, free prescriptions,free old age care and whatever else you get.

You would have no national bank to guarantee you financially and no currency for a start, all would have to be started from scratch and then you would have to take on your share of the UK debt so all in all not a great start to being independent eh.🤔

same old same old and it's prerogative! Pal👍😀

364 Economists signed a letter agreeing that Thatcher's economic reforms were wrong. Every one of them were wrong. The UK economy recovered from decades of decline

The Deal agreed gives in to the EU demand for 'level playing field'. They know the UK, if free to decide, will become a much more efficient economy than all but Germany when free from the dead hand of the EU.

The EU economy is in permanent decline as the Eastern economies grow. We can trade with the rest of the world especially because of our historic links to many of those countries. Despite being a member of the EU 50% of our exports already go to other parts of the world. This will grow faster once we leave. It continues to grow despite still being a member. 

The UK economy is not in decline. It has created more jobs than the rest of the EU put together since the referendum was held. . The economy did not go into meltdown as predicted by Project Fear. The only thing holding it back from booming is the uncertainty and therefore investment being held back. The stock market briefly  boomed just on a rumour of a deal. The major scapegoat is the actual problem of 'globalisation'. Big business have a vested interest in being able to search the world for cheap labour. This has led to wage stagnation in the Western world which has squeezed the poor. The EU is a protectionist organisation designed to protect Germany and France from too much competition. That's why America hates the EU. (and the rest of the world does too!) The Euro is undervalued, especially in Germany whose Balance of Payments is hugely in surplus. This imbalance hurts the world economy greatly.

America First is a slogan. Is any American President going to say America Second!!!! Obama was a disgrace who ran away from any conflict and became the first American President to abandon leadership of the free world. He avoided sorting out North Korea or Iran. He let China steal intellectual property and undervalue their currency thereby stealing jobs by the million. Hey but at least he could make a nice speech and sing and dance really well!!!!

I want Brexit because I hate the EU undemocratic set up. The whole EU project has never been put to voters and any vote ever held that remotely challenged the chosen path to a 'Soviet Union of No Nations' has been ignored or the country voting has been told to go away and vote correctly! The EU needs five Presidents. America needs only one! Personally I don't care about the economic situation because Anglo Saxon Capitalism is vastly superior to the EU version. Their version creates stagnation as it tries to protect declining industries. The car industry is an example where big (German and French!) business demands protection because they afraid of open competition from the East.

The Common Agricultural Policy was designed to protect useless French farmers from competition. It was promised years ago that it would be reformed but of course every French President caves in once the tractors hit the Champs-Elysees. This policy increases food prices and spreads poverty by denying third world farmers from selling their products. It also prevents American food entering the EU which upsets our American friends enormously. The CAP eats up (pun intended!) 40% of the EU budget. We all know it will never reform because the French will never let it reform. France is now the sick man of Europe fighting reforms. Macron knows Anglo-Saxon capitalism is wiping the floor with France and is trying to reform the country but he, like all the other French leaders, will fail. Watching Paris burn is great fun so let them pay for the their own destruction themselves rather than use British money!!!   

The Euro is an ongoing disaster helping to kill Greece with Italy next on the agenda. It is kept alive by quantitative easing but can never succeed without a common Euro budget but the Germans will never hand over control of their budget. They know the consequences of hyper inflation!

As for Scotland. 70% of economic activity is derived from Government. Scottish private industry cannot support the population of Scotland. However much the Scottish people hate the truth Scotland would be a bankrupt nation without the UK. Scottish Nationalism is built on prejudice and yet it is treated as mainstream politics. English Nationalism is built on prejudice but is treated as extremist. On a recent televised news programme a minor Tory politician who left the Tories to join the Liberals was sitting beside a Labour MP and an SNP MP. He said the main thing that worried him was the growth of English Nationalism!!! This whilst sharing a platform with a member of the SNP and cheerleader for Scottish Nationalism!!!!! Oh the irony!!!

I have always maintained that Brexit will never happen simply because the Establishment don't want it to happen. The UK has ALWAYS been run by The Establishment. They love things the way they are. They are ALWAYS the beneficiaries of the way things run. After all they set it up!!!! Brexit was a serious challenge by we proletariat. It therefore has to be crushed and it will be. The only way it won't be is if the 17.4 million who told them to get stuffed in the 'ONCE IN A LIFETIME' referendum vote hold their nerve and tell them once more to go fuck themselves.

England for the Rugby world cup!!! I'm sure our Scottish and Welsh and Irish fellow members of the UK will echo that sentiment!!!! Oh hang didn't that great Brit Andy Murray admit he never supports England against anyone!!!!!

41 minutes ago, Dave 27 said:

I cannot compete with all that it's way too complicated for me.I'm a simple guy with not that much interest in politics.

Nope,you two carry on you've got the UK sorted.

Lol nah you stay with Ms Sturgeon who wants being independent but wants being ruled by Brussels. Now THATS too complicated for me 😋

19 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Lol nah you stay with Ms Sturgeon who wants being independent but wants being ruled by Brussels. Now THATS too complicated for me 😋

62% of the voting public in Scotland voted to stay in the EU but if you say we were wrong then that's ok with me,you obviously know more about how Scottish people should vote.

Anyway I'm pissed off discussing this and am off to watch Chelsea v Man.U.

9 minutes ago, Dave 27 said:

62% of the voting public in Scotland voted to stay in the EU but if you say we were wrong then that's ok with me,you obviously know more about how Scottish people should vote.

Yeah but like we are always being told, you didn't understand what you were voting for lool. But am sure Scottish people do 😰

12 minutes ago, Dave 27 said:

The Referendum was a UK wide vote. All votes were equal and the first past the post was the winner.

The votes were counted by constituency for convenience only. 1.6 million Scots voted to remain. 1 million voted to Leave

Gibraltar voted 96% to leave with only 823 people voting to Remain (It was rumoured that holidaying Scots made up 800 of those when they sneaked into the Polling station thinking it was a Pub!!!)

I come from God's own County of Yorkshire in which 1.58 million voted to leave.

Interestingly 5.4 million people living in Yorkshire produced £154 billion of GDP. In Scotland 5.4 million people produced £138 billion of GDP.   At the 2012 London Olympics if Yorkshire was a separate country it would have finished 12th in the medal table!!!! Independence for Yorkshire. We demand a referendum Now!!!

Parliament voted to hold the UK wide vote. Parliament agreed to honour the result.

By the way at the 2015 General Election before the Referendum the SNP got 1.45 million votes and won 56 seats in the UK Parliament. UKIP got 3.9 million votes and won 1 seat in the UK Parliament. Got to love Democracy in the UK. Hopefully Scotland will one day (Please make it tomorrow!!!) vote to leave the UK and then the rest of the UK can freely enjoy real democracy

1 hour ago, van the man said:

The Referendum was a UK wide vote. All votes were equal and the first past the post was the winner.

The votes were counted by constituency for convenience only. 1.6 million Scots voted to remain. 1 million voted to Leave

Gibraltar voted 96% to leave with only 823 people voting to Remain (It was rumoured that holidaying Scots made up 800 of those when they sneaked into the Polling station thinking it was a Pub!!!)

I come from God's own County of Yorkshire in which 1.58 million voted to leave.

Interestingly 5.4 million people living in Yorkshire produced £154 billion of GDP. In Scotland 5.4 million people produced £138 billion of GDP.   At the 2012 London Olympics if Yorkshire was a separate country it would have finished 12th in the medal table!!!! Independence for Yorkshire. We demand a referendum Now!!!

Parliament voted to hold the UK wide vote. Parliament agreed to honour the result.

By the way at the 2015 General Election before the Referendum the SNP got 1.45 million votes and won 56 seats in the UK Parliament. UKIP got 3.9 million votes and won 1 seat in the UK Parliament. Got to love Democracy in the UK. Hopefully Scotland will one day (Please make it tomorrow!!!) vote to leave the UK and then the rest of the UK can freely enjoy real democracy

Thank you so much for your kind thoughts on Scotland and it'people.I can only apologise for being a burden to your mighty country.

I've visited Yorkshire many times and the people were nothing but friendly and personable so I obviously didn't meet you.

And I thought all Scots were grown men with a sharp wit and broad shoulders!! Indeed a mighty country but even mightier as Brits and within a United Kingdom. 

Surely the proud Scots don't want to take more than their fair share of charity from we English.

You should have watched the Liverpool Arsenal game it was far better than Man U Chelsea!!!!