Discussion: 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) #1

itsme

16 hours ago, jabbath1987 said:

Can you please put your source? 

here is one--not the one Thestarider quoted--and if you need more I have them

NEWS.SKY.COM

The Communist Party sends a "solemn apology" to Dr Li's family and disciplines two police officers for their role in the incident.

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

“Trump is going to get millions of people killed, and a disproportionately large number of them will be his base,” tweeted David Klion, news editor at Jewish Currents.

Unfortunately, I concur.

2 hours ago, Maturin said:

More ideological crap.There's a lonely thread for you, you know where it is, if you want to spout your propaganda.

Besides which, I seriously doubt that these coments will age that well, let's take a look in a couple of weeks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moos54 said:

this virus does not look if you are a democrat or a republican, it does not look if you are black, white or yellow (sorry chinese), it does not look either if you are a man or a woman, and finally it does not look if you are a child, adult or elderly person

this virus makes no difference, it makes sick and kills anyone

we will learn lessons and we can criticize the powers that put them when all this is behind us

I would also like to remind you that this subject has no political vocation and if you want to do it, then thank you for doing it elsewhere

Statistics indicate that it kills more elderly people over the age of 65 than any other age demographic. And also kills more men than women 

2 minutes ago, happyone said:

Statistics indicate that it kills more elderly people over the age of 65 than any other age demographic. And also kills more men than women 

but not only the old people are in danger, yesterday here they announced 35 % of the critical cases have between 40 and 60 yo 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, happyone said:

today a  28 years old guy is dead in my country 

so yes the elderly are unfortunately the most vulnerable but nobody is really safe
Personally I would not want to mortgage my luck to know if this virus will harm me or not
As Firewall says, half of the people in intensive care are people between 40 and 65 years old

20 minutes ago, Maturin said:

UK placed on lockdown. Stay safe, chaps.

🦄🦁☘️🌹(the text options don't appear to have a thistle emoji)

Getting to be like most places. Only outing would be for Groceries or Medical needs. Otherwise they say Stay Home.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, moos54 said:

this virus does not look if you are a democrat or a republican, it does not look if you are black, white or yellow (sorry chinese), it does not look either if you are a man or a woman, and finally it does not look if you are a child, adult or elderly person

this virus makes no difference, it makes sick and kills anyone

we will learn lessons and we can criticize the powers that put them when all this is behind us

I would also like to remind you that this subject has no political vocation and if you want to do it, then thank you for doing it elsewhere

This thread is too serious for the political childishness of some people, I hope the mods will take the appropriate action over any political posturing!!!  

• Like 2